Buying Mature beverages at the Resorts

Last trip I drove, so I stopped at super Target and grabbed a couple of sixes to sip while I sat in a pool chair watching the kiddos.

I noticed that POP sold beer in singles only for 5+ each, no multi packs at all.

Now I will be at the Wilderness lodge, with no car. I’d like to get myself some decent beverages for the fridge and some capri sun’s for the kids, what are my options? Grocery delivery does not include beer. Taxi to the store? Probably too much.

Could I rent a car for just a few days to do some shopping?

We’ve had adult type drink stuff delivered to our resort, they even went to a liquor store to get it. We had to be there when the delivery was made to prove we were over 21 but that wasn’t a big deal.

Details please, by whom was the delivery and what costs were involved?

Sorry, I’m probably totally wrong here but I thought my DH’s exbusiness partner said that when he and his family went down there was a store across the road from DTD. I thought they said they got some drinks there. Again I’m probably wrong but there was something about the store/s across the road from there.

Edit… just asked my DH he said he believes there was a gas station or something that they went to across the road from DTD.

We used We Go Shop (dot) com. I think at the time the delivery fee was $22 for our whole order (for 8 people for a week). We got a receipt from both stores and so the only add charge was the delivery fee and a tip.

[QUOTE=InHouseMouse;1022019]Sorry, I’m probably totally wrong here but I thought my DH’s exbusiness partner said that when he and his family went down there was a store across the road from DTD. I thought they said they got some drinks there. Again I’m probably wrong but there was something about the store/s across the road from there.

Edit… just asked my DH he said he believes there was a gas station or something that they went to across the road from DTD.[/QUOTE]

We have made the walk from DTD to Goodings. It is a little walk though. I would say about 20min each way. That was the closest store to pick up snacks, soda, beer, etc. that we found. It was really hot and not much shade along the way. Probably would have my possy rebell if I tried to get them to do it again. Better to have them delivered. I think you place your order over the internet and call after to add any adult beverages to it.Like what was said earlier , you have to be there to except it and prove your age.
Try GardenGrocer.com, Our Shipping & Delivery Policies, Procedures

The delivery service will deliver the adult drinks you want. No problem at all

From any resort, take the Disney bus to DTD but get off at the SECOND STOP I believe it is the West side stop and when you get off the bus, it is a quick walk back across the road to the HESS gas station where they sell the aforementioned beverages. It is not far at all and a lot of people cross there because there is a cast member parking lot behind the HESS station. Also it is MUCH closer than Gooding’s of course the selection may not be as varied.

AH Hah! I google mapped the bus stop and the Hess is right across the street at the light. That may be my stop. Are the prices reasonable?

briben, as for the prices, they are better than any prices you will find in WDW. ESPECIALLY at 5+ for a single beer as you previously stated :eek:

Yeah that was it… Hess station that they had talked about. Good to know that I’m not totally losing it. LOL

Yes Hess I have used them before to buy beer resonable and weel worth it than the gift shop prices.

For our upcoming trip, I intend to UPS our snack and beer down to the hotel so it is there when we arrive. I figure this way it is cheaper and everyone has the brand of stuff they like.

I just buy from the resort, becasue I can’t be bothered with doing all that extra travel and stuff…It’s the only week out of the year I just don’t care about what stuff costs. I want it there when I want it and have no intention of going on a scavenger hunt to get it. I have done the delivery option for snacks and beverages and used Garden grocer. It worked out perfectly.