Buying Resale DVC points?

Trying to dig our way out of debt and because that meant no Disney vacations I haven’t been on here in FOREVER! :frown: I tried to find an answerin past threads but don’t remember my way around all that well.
Yet now my Mom needs more points for family vacations that she has planned for the next 3 yrs. She is wondering about resale points. She is on a reslae site and just wondering if doing this is safe and secure and any extra info that anyone can share. Or a direction to point us into.
I think she is wanting to stay in AKV where her other points are but isn’t stuck on it.

Resale is good if she only wants to use the points for DVC resorts. There have been recent restrictions on resale points as far as using them in other categories, such as the Concierge (cruises, etc.). So, she will probably need to do a little homework on the restrictions put into place before making that decision. Otherwise, I can’t think of why it wouldn’t be a good idea.

I think it’s safe as long as you’re dealing with a decent company. I’m sure there are some companies that are better than others, do a search on the one(s) you’re looking at to see if there’s any negative information out there.

Yes, purchasing resale is safe. I can personally recommend Kinn Tutas as a broker.

Thanks.
I will look into the company’s we’ve heard of and make sure we know the restrictions that are put on them. Also leslish do you have contact info for Kinn Tutas?
:confused:She came by today and also asked is it better to just rent the extra points each time or to continue the resale route?:confused:

[QUOTE=gemdisney;1098431]Thanks.
I will look into the company’s we’ve heard of and make sure we know the restrictions that are put on them. Also leslish do you have contact info for Kinn Tutas?
:confused:She came by today and also asked is it better to just rent the extra points each time or to continue the resale route?:confused:[/QUOTE]

Sending you a PM