Cab ride from pop century

Has anyone taken a cab from pop century to the airport. I would like to know about how much it will cost me. I am renting a car but not for the whole vacation. I will need to get back to the hotel. Please help I don’t know what to do. Quick silver is $64.00 per way this is a lot of money. :confused:

Why don’t you take Magical Express? The price is right – FREE! Just book the Magical Express bus trip ahead of time, and it will take you straight from the airport to your hotel.

Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

Enjoy the bus trip – it’s very Disneyish!

You could rent a car on property at either the car care center or the Swan/Dolphin and use Magical Express to get from the airport.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;969169]Why don’t you take Magical Express? The price is right – FREE! Just book the Magical Express bus trip ahead of time, and it will take you straight from the airport to your hotel.

Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

Enjoy the bus trip – it’s very Disneyish![/QUOTE]

We won’t be flying in that day will they still let us take the magical express if we already checked in a week before we only wanted the car for a week not the length of stay, We will still have 4 more days in disney. Will the car company take us back to the airport to catch the bus to the resort? I don’t know if disney will allow this.

[QUOTE=Wendy;969171]We won’t be flying in that day will they still let us take the magical express if we already checked in a week before we only wanted the car for a week not the length of stay, We will still have 4 more days in disney. Will the car company take us back to the airport to catch the bus to the resort? I don’t know if disney will allow this.[/QUOTE]As a guest at a Disney owned and operated resort, you are entitled to: a DME ride from the airport to your resort ON OR AFTER your check-in day; and a DME ride from your resort to the airport ON OR BEFORE your check-out day.

So, when you’re ready to return the car, drive it to the airport … and take the DME bus back to your resort. And then on your check-out day, take the DME bus back to the airport.

You’ll need to make a reservation in advance. You can’t just walk-up to the DME counter at the airport and get a ride, and you can’t just walk up to the bus at your resort to get a ride back to the airport.

This will be a little complicated, which means you’ll want to talk to DME directly rather than someone at the main Disney number. However, DME won’t have access to your resort reservation info until 60 days before your trip (DME reservations are a function of resort reservations).

Wait until the 60-day mark (or a few days after that), then call DME directly at 866-599-0951 … the cast member will understand your needs and will make the proper DME reservations for you.

Yes you can do ME for 1 way only if needed BUT you MUST call and tell Disney you need it.

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;969202]As a guest at a Disney owned and operated resort, you are entitled to: a DME ride from the airport to your resort ON OR AFTER your check-in day; and a DME ride from your resort to the airport ON OR BEFORE your check-out day.

So, when you’re ready to return the car, drive it to the airport … and take the DME bus back to your resort. And then on your check-out day, take the DME bus back to the airport.

You’ll need to make a reservation in advance. You can’t just walk-up to the DME counter at the airport and get a ride, and you can’t just walk up to the bus at your resort to get a ride back to the airport.

This will be a little complicated, which means you’ll want to talk to DME directly rather than someone at the main Disney number. However, DME won’t have access to your resort reservation info until 60 days before your trip (DME reservations are a function of resort reservations).

Wait until the 60-day mark (or a few days after that), then call DME directly at 866-599-0951 … the cast member will understand your needs and will make the proper DME reservations for you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the information I will call tomorrow about this. :happy::happy:

Why don’t you just use Magical Express for the ride back to the airport instead of paying a cab? ME is free…free is good…lol

This site will estimate cab fare if you put in the addresses to and from:
Orlando Airport Limousine, Towncar, Motorcoach, Passenger Van - Charter Rates

[QUOTE=M5ward;969441]This site will estimate cab fare if you put in the addresses to and from:
Orlando Airport Limousine, Towncar, Motorcoach, Passenger Van - Charter Rates[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much I will check these websites out.

Are you staying in a Disney resort the whole time?

yes, but we don’t want to kept the car the whole time.

You could take Magical Express both ways and rent a car on property for the lenght of time you need it. You can rent a car at the car care center or either the Swan or Dolphin.

Wendy!!!

You are getting great advice here. Take advantage of the Magical Express option.

And you can also rent a car at the Shades Of Green Resort.

[B]If I were you – I would take ME to the resort upon arrival in Orlando. Then I would use Disney transportation to one of the resorts that rents cars and get a car for a couple of days and return it to the resort.

Then, use ME to get back to the airport at the end of the stay. EASY!!![/B]

[QUOTE=MissDisney;969634]Wendy!!!

You are getting great advice here. Take advantage of the Magical Express option.

And you can also rent a car at the Shades Of Green Resort.

[B]If I were you – I would take ME to the resort upon arrival in Orlando. Then I would use Disney transportation to one of the resorts that rents cars and get a car for a couple of days and return it to the resort.

Then, use ME to get back to the airport at the end of the stay. EASY!!![/B][/QUOTE]

I am going to take the Magical Express that sounds like the best option. Thank you to everyone I knew I would be able to count on Mouse buzz to help me. :mickey:

I don’t know if this will help you but I thought of you when I read this.

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/orlando-transportation/51015-rental-car-special.html

Definitely go with the ME first.

If you don’t have a preferred rental car agency, some will actually come to your hotel and pick you up and return you when you are done with the car. If you want to use an agency that doesn’t, then take the Disney transportation to DTD and walk across the street to the Hilton and rent from the Avis desk there. Or there are other rental agencies at hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd you could walk to.

I also recommend the Magical Express. We used to arrange for a car, but we finally tried the ME one trip and have used it ever since. (If the money saved allows for extra time or goodies at WDW, isn’t it worth it?!?)