Cali grill dress

I know they told me when i booked this no tank tops stupid question can i wear a sun dress. is that a tank top? I told you it was stupid.

I wore a sun dress and they didn’t say anything, so i guess it’s good…

A sun dress would be appropriate, if it isn’t too casual. (you might want to take a shawl or sweater. When we were there it was absolutely FREEZING! For men, a nice shirt or golf shirt and casual pants. I did see a few men in shorts when we were there, but long pants were the norm.

Rules have been relaxed a little from what they used to be. Formerly, resort casual required men to wear a collared golf shirt, now, so long as your tee shirt is a solid color without printing, it’s acceptable.
Generally, cargo shorts are fine as are sneakers/running shoes. No flip flops and I believe for men, no sandals. Of course, no torn or frayed clothing.
Sun dresses are perfectly acceptable, they’re dresses. On the other end, business casual is fine as are suits and cocktail dresses.
When I eat at any of the signatures, I wear cargo shorts and a golf shirt or a solid colored pocket tee shirt and everything is fine.

Rule of thumb…If it’s ok to wear (by an adult) to church then it’s ok to wear to dinner. Exeption being jacket/tie required locations.

They had no problem with my sundress.

They say no flip flops, but does that include dressy sandals? IF they have backs and aren’t technically “flipping and flopping” everywhere? lol

I hate to admit it but we saw a couple of people in flip flops last year. Disney is the king of no confrontation and I don’t think they turn people away for it. I actually hate that people don’t dress up to do nice things anymore.

I agree! I would never wear actual flip flops there. I was just wondering about the stylish sandals you see everywhere as a replacement for heels. I’m not talking anything cheap. I plan to wear a cute dress when I go!

Me too! I’ve always felt a little aggravated when we’ve eaten at CG and I’ve taken extra time to get ready and look nice and people come in in their park clothes.:glare::glare: Last August I took my youngest daughter to the Perfectly Princess Tea Party at GF. I had taken my oldest daughter 4 years earlier and all of the moms were dressed for tea. Not so this last time. I was the ONLY mom dressed up out of about a dozen or so adults. :blink::glare::angry:Every other mom/grandmother was wearing park attire and their daughters were all froo-frooed up. I was glad that I took the time to look nice with my daughter, but it was just sad that the other adults didn’t think to model good manners and etiquette for their own daughters.

I’ll step off my soapbox now.:blush::laugh:

I’ve worn a sundress with dressy kitten-heels both times that I’ve eaten at CG with DH. He wore slacks and a golf shirt with loafers. I’m appalled at how some people choose to ignore the dress code though.

[QUOTE=missymouse;1031342]Me too! I’ve always felt a little aggravated when we’ve eaten at CG and I’ve taken extra time to get ready and look nice and people come in in their park clothes.:glare::glare: Last August I took my youngest daughter to the Perfectly Princess Tea Party at GF. I had taken my oldest daughter 4 years earlier and all of the moms were dressed for tea. Not so this last time. I was the ONLY mom dressed up out of about a dozen or so adults. :blink::glare::angry:Every other mom/grandmother was wearing park attire and their daughters were all froo-frooed up. I was glad that I took the time to look nice with my daughter, but it was just sad that the other adults didn’t think to model good manners and etiquette for their own daughters.

I’ll step off my soapbox now.:blush::laugh:[/QUOTE]

I agree with your soap box. my dh and i are looking forward to this we also dress up a little more for narooses. it is our anniversary dinner night we feel it makes ti more special . and after a day trekking thru the park i like to go back to the hotel freshen up before i go out.

Don’t let how others dress drag you down. Some how Disney always makes me feel like we are in our own cocoon; that there is no one else there but us.

Now I have been accused of living in my own world, but this is different. It matters not about the others in the room - it’s all about those at our table.

Sandals for women are fine. Guys, not so much.

I’ve worn dressy sandals (more like open-toe, open-back heels) and it was just fine. So I’m sure ones with a back would be extra-fine. :happy: