California Grill

In July we will be celebrating my DS 16th birthday. I let him pick the restaurant and he picked California Grill. How’s the food? What is the dress code?

Dress code is slacks, dress shorts, and collared shirt for men, dress, dress shorts, pants (easier to say what you can’t wear - tank tops, graphic tees, cut-off shorts, or swimwear) for ladies. I don’t believe they’re very strict on the dress code, but I’d suggest meeting it.

If that were only enforced, blah.

Actually, the code has been “relaxed” from “resort casual” which was collared or golf shirts for men to include solid colored tee shirts, although often times you will see many diners at Cali Grill and Narc’s wearing sport jackets and Dockers type slacks for men and casual and even less formal cocktail dresses for women.
What is allowable is cargo or pocket shorts like Columbia Sportswear.
Cut off shorts and sleeveless shirts (for men) are not allowed at all and of course, no bare feet.

The food is excellent. I should know, I’ve eaten up there 6 times and will be there again on my birthday.

The food is wonderful. Whenever I get to pick a special place to eat, Cali Grill is my choice. The view is awesome!! If you’ll be having dinner around Wishes time, make sure you go out on the balcony to enjoy the show with music! :happy:

So cargo shorts and collared shirts for the teen boys will be fine?

I think that would be fine. I can’t even tell you the number of folks I’ve seen in just 2 visits to CG dressed so inappropriately. I think your boys will look very nice.:happy:

If you like sushi, be sure and have the Spicy Sensation. YUMMY!

It’s what I usually wear to any of the signature restaurants, which all share the same dress code.

Thank you all for your input. I am looking forward to our dinner. There will be eight of us celebrating DS 16th. I hope they make it special for him.

That will absolutely work, I have worn just that myself.

Definitely. But have him ditch the flip-flops/tennis shoes and go for something like Sperry Topsiders.

Nike running shoes are fine!

Make sure that his “celebration” is noted on your ADR. And just to make sure, when you check in at the podium, make sure they have it noted as well. It is a very nice place for a celebration, he is showing good taste at such an early age!!

The food is awesome. I do not know of anyone getting a bad meal there.

Wow…we finally agree on something:laugh: The food is awesome!!:happy:

:blow: Ew! You cannot wear Nike running shoes with khaki shorts and a polo!!! :pinch:

Everytime I call I make sure that it’s noted. My husband is celebrating his birthday also when we are there so I make sure they have it note for both of them on everything but that night is only DS celebration. Turning 16 is a big deal. He loves to look sharp when going out. I’m soooo excited to go!

I beg to differ. Not only do I beg to differ but you should look around the next time you’re in WDW and see how wrong you are.
Earth tone cargo shorts and white running shoes work very well together.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;965272]I beg to differ. Not only do I beg to differ but you should look around the next time you’re in WDW and see how wrong you are.
Earth tone cargo shorts and white running shoes work very well together.[/QUOTE]

I agree they look fine together.