California Grill

Hey Guys,

I’m new to the forms. I’m 26 and from NH. My family and I have been to Disney World 3 times but we haven’t been since 1998. We’ll be going again in September and we’re all super excited! We’re bringing my friend with us this time and she’s never been at all so it double’s the excitement.

The first night there, we have reservations at 5:45pm at the California Grill. We’d like to stay and watch the MK fireworks afterwords. We’re guessing that we’ll have finished dinner well before 9pm so what would you all suggest we do until the fireworks start? How early should we take our spots on the balcony to wait for the show? 1 hour? 2 hours?

• Drea

Oh no - you don’t need to be out there so early. We have used the balcony view several times and 20 -30 minutes was fine. Neither time was it crowded. And if you use the back balcony, you can turn around and see the light show on the 7 seas lagoon.

To kill time? wander around the hotel lobby etc or grab a cocktail in the lounge.

Have fun. And welcome to here!

This is one of the most exceptional things we have ever done at WDW. We had a 7 p.m. ressie in December, and finished dessert just in time to head out onto the balcony. We chose the back balcony, and it was less crowded than the front and it was so much fun.

I’m so jealous~ we weren’t able to get CA Grill :crying: I was really hoping to see the fireworks from that location. We were able to get 6:50 dinner at Chef Mickey’s~ will this be okay for watching the fireworks?

You can really take your time for dinner at Cal. Grill. Unlike the theme park restaurants it’s a very relaxed place and they do not rush you. Odds are you will wait 20-25 minutes to be seated, so if your meal runs a 2-2 1/2 hours (easy to do there), you will be getting pretty close to showtime.

Oh, the balcony isn’t crowded, you can just walk out when they start.

If you want to be able to pick your spot at the balcony, I suggest 10-15 minutes before Wishes starts. That’s what we’ve done both times we’ve gone and we’ve been out there with maybe one other couple, so we were able to line ourselves up with a perfect view. If you don’t have a preference where you stand or don’t mind standing behind someone, you can wait until showtime.

Cali Grill is always the highlight of our trip! I love going there. Hope you enjoy it too! :heart: