California grill

has it always been about 100 a person restaurant…was trying today to make a reservation and decided to check the menu when I did they said cost was about 100 person…thought I saw a different type of menu a while back,having never eaten there ,I have no point of comparison…anyone been there and did I just look at the wrong menu or did it change …I was looking for a dining reservation for mid oct period

We just ate there in December on the night of my husband’s birthday & even though we were on the dining plan I know exactly what we ordered & it certainly wouldn’t have added up to $100/per person. We didn’t drink alcohol, so I assume that adding stuff like wine, apps, & desserts to a cash bill could really add up fast. Although, we shared an appetizer, both had an entree, 2 soft drinks, and each had an individual dessert. Our total would have been about $120. without the dining plan.

Allears has a recently updated menu with prices here: California Grill Dinner Menu - Contemporary Resort

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1032631]We just ate there in December on the night of my husband’s birthday & even though we were on the dining plan I know exactly what we ordered & it certainly wouldn’t have added up to $100/per person. We didn’t drink alcohol, so I assume that adding stuff like wine, apps, & desserts to a cash bill could really add up fast. Although, we shared an appetizer, both had an entree, 2 soft drinks, and each had an individual dessert. Our total would have been about $120. without the dining plan.

Allears has a recently updated menu with prices here: California Grill Dinner Menu - Contemporary Resort[/QUOTE]that is about what I thought,but when I went to make a reservation,it said says cost 100 plus person and fixed menu…just was wondering if there might have been a change,was looking in october…made citricos instead…we have eaten there many times and have always been happy…just thought since everyone comments on the grill I might try it…maybe go to the lounge area just to check it out

We think the Cali grill and Citricos are equal. If you like one, you’ll like the other.

One piece of advice - if the paired wine doesn’t have a price next to it -ask. Unless $30 a glass is cool w/you.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1032658]We think the Cali grill and Citricos are equal. If you like one, you’ll like the other.

One piece of advice - if the paired wine doesn’t have a price next to it -ask. Unless $30 a glass is cool w/you.[/QUOTE]

thanks …since it is so hard to get into cal grill…I will stick with citricos…always have a great time there…

We we’re there for our first time in March and loved it. The chef treated us so well. It is a must do on our next trip.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1032631]We just ate there in December on the night of my husband’s birthday & even though we were on the dining plan I know exactly what we ordered & it certainly wouldn’t have added up to $100/per person. We didn’t drink alcohol, so I assume that adding stuff like wine, apps, & desserts to a cash bill could really add up fast. Although, we shared an appetizer, both had an entree, 2 soft drinks, and each had an individual dessert. Our total would have been about $120. without the dining plan.
[/QUOTE]

This is why the deluxe plan makes more sense if you’re actually interested in eating. With three sit down credits including appetizer and two snacks a day, you can indulge yourself with character buffets for breakfast and signature dinners every day of your vacation. As you noted, the signatures without appetizer don’t equal two credits, but on the deluxe, with appetizer, you can easily break through $60 per person.
I’m not saying this is for everyone. Not even I can justify going deluxe on every visit. But if you plan it right, the deluxe plan can be a better fit for some people.

To the opening post, yes, you can go $100+ per adult, but only if you go nuts, order appetizers, get a couple of Yoshi’s special sushi rolls that cost over $20 each, drink alcohol to excess (either quantity or quality, i.e. $60 a glass dessert port or an 18 year old single malt scotch or 6 long necks) you should be able to have an entree and dessert with an iced tea for about $67 with tax and tip.
I always recommend looking at the menus at All Ears as an invaluable planning resource.

We made reservations for the end of November, how is CG? We are on the dining plan (regular) so appetizers won’t be included. Anything we should try?