California Grill

Hey guys. I’ve never been before and they open 2 days into my trip. We were planning on cancelling our reservation at whispering canyon and trying for California grill
my question is…will it still be on the dining plan? Anyone know?

I was just trying to find out when they reopen. 18 days you say? So while I have no answer to your DP question, I say go - I’ll need a report.

The Grill reopens on 9/9 and they will start taking reservations on 8/26. I just paid off my trip yesterday and tried to make reservations at CG. Cast member at DVC told me the news. I’ll be on the phone first thing on 8/26. It is one of our favorites. I was so afraid we would not be able to go on our next trip which is in 30 days. Absolutely love CG.

[QUOTE=DisneyFan722;1137055]Hey guys. I’ve never been before and they open 2 days into my trip. We were planning on cancelling our reservation at whispering canyon and trying for California grill
my question is…will it still be on the dining plan? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

CG closed down just before I went to WDW, and I was bummed out. Congratulations on being able to go. I, of course, would recommend making the reservation at CG first before cancelling whispering canyon.

Im going to cancel it when I make it. Im super excited. The food doesn’t appeal to my other half, but my friend that im going with is al about it!

I hope we are the only two calling that morning! LOL I plan on doing the same thing for our trip in February. Good luck in getting a reservation.

[QUOTE=DisneyFan722;1137055]Hey guys. I’ve never been before and they open 2 days into my trip. We were planning on cancelling our reservation at whispering canyon and trying for California grill
my question is…will it still be on the dining plan? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I love California Grill, and hope the new menu is just as good or better, but if you don’t get to go to CG, I would be just as happy with Whispering Canyon. We LOVE Whispering Canyon, and have always had a lot of fun and laughs there!

It’s two credits on the dining plan as far as I know.