Campfire at FT. Wilderness

Hello all! After reading Mickeygirlz TR I think its a must to do the camp fire in Sept. Does anyone know all the info on it? Where and when and how much? Is it packed? Thanks all

Are you talking about Chip and Dales sing along at FW campgroung/ If you are it ia so much fun. No, I did not think it was too crowded at all. There were pletny of seating. It is free, unless you buy the marshmellow that are to expensive. I would suggest you bring your own and all the fixins for s’mores. It is alot of fun with a movie after the sing along all for free.

We would love to do this too. Last trip we saw a movie event at Boardwalk and that was at the lake side and they were toasting marshmallows- these outdoor events are brilliant.

Is this only for guests of FW? This is the first I’ve heard of this… where can I find more info- it sounds like something my son would love~ so much of our Disney experience is Princess related- this would be something he could enjoy too!

If you are staying anywhere onsite you may go. Here is a bit of what you can expect.When does the campfire program begin and what is it like? What is this month’s campfire movie schedule

The campfire program has no admission fee and is open to all WDW resort guests. It generally begins around 7 p.m. during the fall/winter season and 8 p.m. after the time changes in April through the summer. It is held near the Meadow Trading Post in the campfire area. The program begins with a sing-along led by a Disney CM and a marshmallow roast around two campfire rings. You may bring your own marshmallows or buy them at the Chuckwagon (roasting sticks and marshmallows are $2). You may also buy pizza, hot dogs, candy, nachos, juice, popcorn, sodas, coffee, beer and other refreshments at the Chuckwagon. While this is going on, Chip and Dale make an appearance to visit with guests and sign autographs. The sing-along lasts about 40 minutes. Next, one or two Disney animated features, depending upon the season, are shown on a large outdoor screen. Seating is available in bleachers or on benches. There is also plenty of room to lay out a quilt or blanket. In the event of rain, the sing-along is still held on the porch of the Meadow Trading Post. Here is this month’s movie schedule:

April 2009

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday

THANK YOU so much for all the info! Sounds wonderful~ we will definitely consider this for something fun & different! You MouseBuzzers are the BEST!!

Anyone can attend. They sell a smore’s kit and hotdogs or you can bring your own.

I checked in at Guest Relations, and they gave me the schedule with the movies for the week. That way you can pick a night to go, when they are playing a movie you like!

You take the boat from MK to Ft. Wilderness, then you can walk .5 miles to it OR take an orange line bus one stop . . . ask the driver, he’ll call it out when it’s time to get off. (The bus stop is up the hill from the boat dock, pass hoop dee doo at the top of the hill)

There is the petting zoo, where they keep Cinderella’s horses to your right . . . that’s fun to do too.

NOTE: Leave yourself an hour to get there from MK!! And bring your own s’mores kit! Disney charges $12 for two sticks, 10 marshmallows, 2 bars of chocolate and a small box of grahams. (crazy! :blink:)

ALSO: Find a seat BEFORE Chip and Dale come around . . . they walk down each row for a meet and greet . . . you can not approach them. SO make sure you are seated if you want to meet them. They each do a side.

ENJOY!!! :heart:

Here’s a couple of cute pics from our trip last fall:

(I cant figure out how to post pics I already posted in my TR, so you get a pic of my DH and Chip, and the back of Chip!)

thanks mickeygirlz for the info and thanks all for the advise and pics. this is now a must do for us.

thanks for all the great info! I have always wanted to do this and decided we were doing it on our trip in may/june. It is so great to have all the info about it now!:happy:

I recommend this to anyone who like s’mores, Chip and Dale, sing-alongs, or just something fun to do that is out of the ordinary. It is a lot of fun and the interaction with Chip and Dale is pretty good. I know you are going to love it.

Here are some pics of the kids when we went on '06.

Making S’mores…

Meeting Chip

Following the leader

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;957256]

There is the petting zoo, where they keep Cinderella’s horses to your right . . . that’s fun to do too.

NOTE: Leave yourself an hour to get there from MK!! And bring your own s’mores kit! Disney charges $12 for two sticks, 10 marshmallows, 2 bars of chocolate and a small box of grahams. (crazy! :blink:)

ALSO: Find a seat BEFORE Chip and Dale come around . . . they walk down each row for a meet and greet . . . you can not approach them. SO make sure you are seated if you want to meet them. They each do a side.

ENJOY!!! :heart:[/QUOTE]

That’s where the petting zoo is??? Once we were going to take our DGD (about 2 at the time) to eat at trails end and then go to the petting zoo. Well she was just as happy splashing in the POP Jets at Pop Century, so we never made it. I thought the petting zoo was close to trails end???

I’m sure the high cost of the smores kit is the authentic disney sticks. Disney never overcharges for anything. :laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;957308]That’s where the petting zoo is??? Once we were going to take our DGD (about 2 at the time) to eat at trails end and then go to the petting zoo. Well she was just as happy splashing in the POP Jets at Pop Century, so we never made it. I thought the petting zoo was close to trails end???

I’m sure the high cost of the smores kit is the authentic disney sticks. Disney never overcharges for anything. :laugh::laugh:[/QUOTE]

Yep, it goes Trails End, Hoop Dee Do and then the petting zoo and then bus stop! :happy:

Since Chip and Dale are so rare these days, at least you know for sure you will see them here!

[QUOTE=timkelmom;957305]Here are some pics of the kids when we went on '06.

Making S’mores…

Meeting Chip

Following the leader
[/QUOTE]

Awesome pics~ Thanks for sharing. I cant wait to go.

I was thinking of bringing my own sticks but I can only imagine what the security at the airport will say. Do they sell the sticks seperate?

Yep! .75¢ each

You’re welcome. We had a great time, weird though, we haven’t been back since.

This looks like so much fun ~ & a nice, laid back change to the rest of our time at WDW! We will definitely plan on doing this!