Can a person obtain FP's for others who are not in park?

A guest at DHS turnstile was told by a CM that he can not obtain a FP for others who are not currently in the park.
He has his and his family’s tickets.
Also if you have a FP when can you get another?
Thanks
Frank

The tickets are supposed to have gone through the turnstile in order for them to be “valid” and make the FP machines spit out their treasures. I do not know this from personal experience; this is what I have always been told and I don’t doubt it’s true.

You can get a new FP 1 minute after the return window printed on the ticket begins, or 2 hours after you get the FP, whichever comes first.

You can not. The party must have passed throught the gate. Yes - we tried it.

Crashed and burned.

I second Boss’s reply. I tried the ‘Get to HS before everyone else to get toy story FP’s’ trick. Crashed and burned at the FP machine also.
When I asked a CM why the ticket would not print one out she scanned the ticket and saw that the 3 others had not gone through the front gate.

… or you can fib and tell the CM you have no idea why the FP machine won’t work. They can then manually issue one.

I didn’t know that you could get another fast pass after two hours of getting the previous one. I’ve always thought that you had to wait until the 1st FP window was open.

Thanks for the tip!!

My dad has tried to do that, and as said before, it does not work. The ticket must go through the turnstile in order to work FP.

HOWEVER… if someone goes in the park in the morning and then leaves their tickets with someone in the park while they go to their resort or something, then the tickets have been activated, and they will still redeem FPs.

but it’s a huge help if 1/2 your party goes to the room early and leaves you their tics. You can FP the rest of your day away :laugh:

Wow, there has to be loads of disappointed people. I see that happening a lot for Toy Story and Soarin’.

Frank

From experience, unless a ticket has been through an entry turnstile, it will not give you a fast pass.

I did not know this–good to know.

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;1069451]I didn’t know that you could get another fast pass after two hours of getting the previous one. I’ve always thought that you had to wait until the 1st FP window was open.

Thanks for the tip!![/QUOTE]

It seems that you’ve been to WDW quite a lot. The next time you go, read ALL of the information on the front of the FASTPASS. Near the bottom, it will tell you the exact time when you are eligible to get another FASTPASS. It’s printed right on there, every time.

We have been a number of times, but I guess we don’t really use the FP enough that I’ve paid that close attention. I’ve always just gone by the time of the eligible ride, and thought that’s when the ticket expired.

Usually we use FP’s for DH for all the big rides that the kids can’t go on. He takes the kids tickets and my parent’s tickets and gets all his FP’s. Then throughout the day as we rest or take a break with the kids, he’ll jog over at the appropriate time to his ride and then come back. Works well for us.
Thanks again for the info.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1069431]You can not. The party must have passed throught the gate. Yes - we tried it.

Crashed and burned.[/QUOTE]

shame on you …disney has always maintained that you must enter the aprk…we tried also…shame on me …what is amazing is how fast the FP’s go for TSM at the studios…

We tried to get FP for the kids early in the morning while they were still asleep and had no idea we couldn’t do this we actually asked a CM why the FP machine was not working. After she explained why, she asked how many we needed, popped in her most wonderful FP key and voila… four FP for the four of us:) Thank you awesome CM!

I have gotten fast passes for my parents when they were back at the hotel at the pool and i was in the studios before i just went in with my ticket then went in with each of theres but am unsure of how this would work with the finger printing scans

What a gracious response, Mickey Mom. I don’t think I would have been so kind.

It was my Disney response. :laugh::mickey: