Can anyone reccomend a romantic off site restuarant for our honeymoon?

Totally off site. Can be up to 1/2 hour outside of disney world .
Thanks!!

Not sure why you want off site but, if you decide to stay on property, California Grill is beautiful especially at night during wishes. We had dinner here after our wedding and it was wonderful. Good luck with finding a restaurant and your upcoming wedding. :wub:

We have done two anniversaries at California Grill and they have made it AMAZING. And trust me, we have 8 other dinners around Atlanta, some at incredibly expensive restaurants. Use the California Grill, you can’t do any better.

I have no suggestions for you off site, but there is plenty of romantic places on site! I personally don’t like to leave Disney for anything!!

Sure no problem!

First of all, I have been looking at Primo location in Orlando for awhile. It looks amazing for a zillion reasons, including what appears to be excellent food and a romantic atmosphere. It has a couple of webpages:
Restaurant
Primo Restaurant

I have also heard good things about Chef’s Table in Winter Garden. It is tiny and the food is supposed to be terrific:
Home Page

My husband and I also like the fabulous sushi restaurant at the Marriott World Center, just outside the WDW gates. The sushi bar is part of a Japanese steakhouse, but we always just go for the excellent sushi:
Orlando Florida Japanese Restaurant: Mikado Japanese Restaurant in Orlando World Center Marriott

Have you tried Victoria and Albert’s at the Grand Floridian? It is Orlando’s only 5 start restaurant. VERY romantic. PM me if you want more information.

If you decide to stay on site we love Narcoosee’s, we have been there for our past 2 anniversaries and are going again for our 15th this August. They
give you a personalized menu with your special date on it :wub:and each time we’ve gotten a complimentary glass of champagne. :laugh:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1016703]Sure no problem!

First of all, I have been looking at Primo location in Orlando for awhile. It looks amazing for a zillion reasons, including what appears to be excellent food and a romantic atmosphere. It has a couple of webpages:
Restaurant
Primo Restaurant

I have also heard good things about Chef’s Table in Winter Garden. It is tiny and the food is supposed to be terrific:
Home Page

My husband and I also like the fabulous sushi restaurant at the Marriott World Center, just outside the WDW gates. The sushi bar is part of a Japanese steakhouse, but we always just go for the excellent sushi:
Orlando Florida Japanese Restaurant: Mikado Japanese Restaurant in Orlando World Center Marriott[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much everyone.
California grill is already on the list :wub: We love it there!

I was looking for a really good sushi place, so this sounds REALLY good!
Is it comparable to “Kimonos” in the Dolphin?

Many years back, I used to go to Ran Getsu on International Drive.
It isn’t what I’d consider “romantic”, but it is an excellent sushi restaurant (and it must be because every time I’ve gone, it was loaded with Japanese businessmen).

RANGETSU - THE FINEST JAPANESE RESTAURANT IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA

I’d also recommend Victoria and Albert’s as well as Narcoossee’s for romantic settings on Disney property.
Jiko at the AKL could also be considered romantic.

[QUOTE=BLTLDZ;1016717]Thank you so much everyone.
California grill is already on the list :wub: We love it there!

I was looking for a really good sushi place, so this sounds REALLY good!
Is it comparable to “Kimonos” in the Dolphin?[/QUOTE]

We are very, very particular about our sushi. The tuna needs to be dark red, nearly purple if possible!, and the hamachi needs to have a touch of pink. The fish needs to be sliced perfectly, with none of those long dramatic tails hanging off the rice. The chef needs to work quickly because when we need anothe rorder, we don’t want to wait forever. I mean, we are probably every sushi chef’s nightmare.

The walkway to the Mikado is very lovely – through a Japanese garden and over a pond. Then you go straight into the sushi bar. The chef is quick and the pieces of sushi are perfectly sized, fresh and cut to perfection.

I have never been to Kimono’s, but I have had sushi at Teppan Edo and I did NOT like it at all. There was more attention paid to presentation than freshness and flavor, and we left huge amounts uneaten there.

Note: California Grill has stunning sushi, in particular the Malibu Roll. I see it is already on your list, so Iwanted to mention that if I were going to CG tonight, I would order that Malibu Roll!

Oh wait… I almost forgot. Try CG’s Tuna Three Ways. Wow… the waiter came to take the plate away but we weren’t finished licking the sauce up. It was an embarrassing moment, but they brought us a bit of rice to soak up the last of the sauce. Yeah. wow. We’re rough. LOL

YUM. We LOVE the Spicy Kazan Roll…
We have some pretty great sushi place in NY, but cali grill is some of the best sushi we have ever had…LOVE sushi.:heart:

>>They
give you a personalized menu with your special date on it and each time we’ve gotten a complimentary glass of champagne. <<

Off topic but we went to the Brown Derby for lunch last July on our anniversary. We had our anniversary buttons on. The CM’s were super. Took our pic and put it on a special Brown Derby menu type sheet. Very cool. Disney does things so nicely.
Frank

So funny! Now I don’t feel so bad when my husand asks the server “uh, what fish is this supposed to be? It certainly isn’t tuna…”