Can I add my own change to my Disney Visa gift card?

I have some points that I’m going to cash in for our upcoming trip, but we also have quite a bit of change that we’re going to use on our trip too. Does anyone know if there is any way that I can add that change to my rewards gift card so that I only have one gift card to keep up with? Could I roll my change, take it to the bank for paper money and then take my card to the Disney store and add that money to the card? Is there somewhere on property that I can do that? Thanks everyone!:happy:

Why not call Chase and ask?

I have no clue but for some reason I don’t think they would do it. I could be wrong. I was able to get Disney Gift Cards at a local stop & shop. Can’t you just use your change to get one of them to use at Disney. I bought a few so I wouldn’t have to use too cash but would have spending money (that is already paid for) on me.

Don’t forget to ask for your 10% with the rewards card if your purchase is over $50. A cast member clued me in to that. I wasn’t aware that I could get a discount, but once she told me that I only used the reward dollars on purchases over $50. My reward dollars were for $210 and I ended up saving around $18 in DTD. Would have been more if I’d known about it earlier :slight_smile:

You get a discount using the rewards gift card??? I always thought that discount was when you used the credit card? We had just planned on using our rewards dollars toward a meal.

That is what I thought too, but then a cm told me the discount was available on the rewards dollars if it was over $50. From that point on, we started using our cash for any small purchases with the plan to save the reward dollars for our purchase at the Christmas store and World of Disney when we knew we would be over $50. I was so grateful for her tip!

Well, of course I’m not logical enough to think of that!:wacko::laugh: I might do that on Monday if no one here can tell me definitely.

I have thought of that, but I really don’t want more than one card to keep up with. I try to travel as simply as possible, and I will do that if I need to, but if it is at all possible to add my money to what I have earned with my Visa, I’d like to do that.:happy:

Great reminder! I forgot that I could do that one time too, and, like you, I could have saved $$$.:pinch: I really am glad you reminded me, so it will be fresh in my mind when I’m shopping. Disney shopping is so much fun, I do lose my mind just a little when doing it!:blush::laugh:

That what I thought too…good to know that you can still get the 10%(if over $50.00) using the rewards card, thanks for the tip jen9804:happy:

:laugh::laugh:You’re too funny!

Don’t forget; just showing your Disney Visa gets you a 10% discount at some stores in DTD if you spend a certain amount…you don’t have to use it, you just have to show it…it’s a wonderful thing!

[QUOTE=MickeyEars;1039793]:laugh::laugh:You’re too funny!

Don’t forget; just showing your Disney Visa gets you a 10% discount at some stores in DTD if you spend a certain amount…you don’t have to use it, you just have to show it…it’s a wonderful thing![/QUOTE]

Didn’t know that, but will remember that for next trip! Thanks for the tip!

Did you call Chase?

My guess is No you can not add money to the rewards card

BUT…

Take the rewards card to your local Disney Store. Buy a Disney Gift Card with it and add the rest of your money to the gift card

Example:

$100 in rewards + $100 in change = a $200 gift card

Just a thought!

Lisa