Can i check in a day late?

Here’s my dilemma. If I check in on Nov. 18th I can qualify for free dining for my trip. I cannot check in until Nov. 19th. If I make my ressie for Nov. 18 but don’t show up until the 19th, what happens to my ressie. I can’t believe they would cancel it because it would already be paid for. I will gladly pay for the nite of the 18th because then I get dining for the rest of the trip. Will this work???

You can do online check in, that way you would be checked in, but I think you would have to call the resort and tell them that “something came up” and you won’t be able to get there until the 19th. I don’t think you can’t just NOT show up - there must be a policy on this listed somewhere?

Yes I agree with Mickeysgirl. Once we had a 12 hour delay from the UK to Orlando. So instead of checking in at 4 p.m on our said day of arrival, it actually had gone into the next day. I just apologised for our lateness and said there had been an unavoidable flight delay and that was it. Of course we in effect ‘lost’ a night but that wasn’t Disney’s fault or ours and of course we had paid, so everyone was happy- I think you’ll be fine doing that.

I also imagine that you’ll wind up paying for that first day.
You might consider buying trip insurance and concocting a good excuse for not being able to arrive as planned, say, your car broke down or you missed your flight, but that might not work without proper documentation.

One other thing to keep in mind is that in order to get free dining, you’ll have already payed in full 45 days before your check in date.

I would definitely pay for that nite. I just wont be able to get there until around 2 the next day. I’ll have to think more about this.

You know, with the package paid for, you should have one extra sit down, counter, and snack credit, which depending on how many people in your family and how much the room cost could make the money lost from your first night a wash. I would suggest cutting one day from your tickets, providing the savings there are $40. And that would be assuming you did not buy non expire tickets.

We didn’t have to prove why we were late, we just said we were- as it was true and it was accepted. If the room is paid for then there really shouldn’t be a problem.
Your have to work out karlie whether the monetary loss of one night is worth the dining plan, to me I would imagine you’d be a winner with the DP set against the cost of the room rate-if it saves you money overall, you should do it.

Isn’t your daughter there for the College Program? I checked my parents in when they came to visit me while I was on my program. It was nice, I checked them in and then stayed the night at the resort instead of at my housing apartment! :laugh: But my name was also on the room, because I was giving them my discount.

If this is the case for you, could your daughter perhaps stop by your resort and check you in, get your keys and then give them to you the next day?

Just a thought, I understand if her name isn’t on the room they won’t let her check in for you guys. But I just assume, she’ll be sharing her discount with you guys!

Just a suggestion!

If you paid for the room you should be fine. Last summer we were a day late getting to our house rental because of a flight delay. We called the house rental company and we were all set for our next day arrival. Luckily, we had trip insurance and got back the price of our first night. We did have to have proof from the airline and the house owner of our delay in order to reimbursed.
I agree that the price of one night is probably worth getting free dining for the entire trip!

[QUOTE=StaceyDarling!;1039906]Isn’t your daughter there for the College Program? I checked my parents in when they came to visit me while I was on my program. It was nice, I checked them in and then stayed the night at the resort instead of at my housing apartment! :laugh: But my name was also on the room, because I was giving them my discount.

If this is the case for you, could your daughter perhaps stop by your resort and check you in, get your keys and then give them to you the next day?

Just a thought, I understand if her name isn’t on the room they won’t let her check in for you guys. But I just assume, she’ll be sharing her discount with you guys!

Just a suggestion![/QUOTE]

This ressie is for November and she comes home in August so she will no longer be a disney CP. No discounts for us :frowning:

I’m sure it will be fine just call and tell them some sort of reasonable excuse and all will be well…I am sure, good luck