Can I get dessert later?

I’m going to DW first time in about a month. Have the DDP. I’m not a big eater. I had thought I read somewhere that if you didn’t want your dessert at the time of your counter service meal they would mark the receipt and you could get something later like a cookie or something. Is that true? Has anyone done anything like that?

We’ve done that at the water parks a lot. It is usually hot when we are there and we love ice cream (Micky Bars anyone?!?) We get our desert after we are done eating or a little while later it works out well. I assume it would be OK in the parks but we’ve never done it there. You can always ask the CM.

Can you get your dessert else where or do you have to go back where you had you meal?

You definitely have to get your dessert where you got your meal.

Welcome to Mousebuzzi! Your first trip to WDW! Exciting!! Stick around here for great advice and answers to just about any question you have.

I feel your pain about the amount of food. The first time we had the Dining Plan it’s a wonder I didn’t get arrested for harrassing people around me to take my dessert - PLEASE! I was giving it away to perfect strangers.:laugh: I’ve never heard of anyone having their receipt marked and getting dessert later though…

If it’s not a temp sensitive dessert, you could always take your dessert to go I imagine.

I’ve never heard that but luckily lots of CS desserts are pre-packaged cakes, cookies, pies etc. so you can always take them with you to eat later.

I worked in CS for a while and we were not allowed to do this. I’m sure it varies by location/manager though. Things like this tend to vary.

I’m not a big eater either, but we go in Sept. so the dining is free. My family never gets dessert out, so it’s a lot to eat. What I did last year for my cs meal was get a prepackaged cookie or brownie and stick it in my tote bag for later. However, for my ts the desserts don’t come prepackaged, so I brought little plastic tupperware type containers and stuck my dessert in that and put it in the fridge in my room, so I had a gourmet treat later

The ONLY place I’ve heard it being allowed is at the water parks . . . since ice cream melts so fast, they let you come back after you have eaten and pick up your dessert.

Most CS are prepackaged, and we do the same we take them to go and eat them later during the fireworks or for a midnight snack. Even the choc cake doesn’t melt fast it’s SO dense.

For TS, they pack it in a to go container . . . luckily I have a stroller still so I stick it in there. Most nights if we are at a TS a lot of the times we just go back to the resort after (late dinner then bed) so I take it and store it for another day. The kids are ALWAYS starving after a dip in the pool, and it comes in handy then! :happy:

This was a “tip” when the new DDP first came out. I tried it at Cosmic Ray’s and they looked at me (politely) like I was an idiot. I even talked to the manager. Never tried again.

I think this only works at CS locations, not TS locations.
I also seem to recall that you have to order your dessert with your meal, but you can pick up your dessert later.
I know for a fact that at the water parks, you can pick up your dessert later.
Ice cream does melt very fast in sunny un-air conditioned dining areas.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;985817]I think this only works at CS locations, not TS locations.
I also seem to recall that you have to order your dessert with your meal, but you can pick up your dessert later.
Ice cream does melt very fast in sunny un-air conditioned dining areas.[/QUOTE]

When we were there in March they let us do it at Blizzard Beach.

I’ve got an even better one from Blizzard Beach.
I guess this was in Sept 2007 and we ate lunch in BB. We had them put the dessert on our bill so we could get our ice cream after we finished eating.
I was at the counter and being ignored for so long that I opened up the freezer myself and just took our ice cream.
NOBODY SAID ANYTHING AND NOBODY SEEMED TO NOTICE!

What a great idea! Thanks for the tip~ normally we’re so stuffed after our TS meals (the portions are always huge) that no one can manage to eat dessert, even though it always looks so yummy. I will definintely remember this tip for our trip in Sept. Thanks!!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;985817]I think this only works at CS locations, not TS locations.
Ice cream does melt very fast in sunny un-air conditioned dining areas.[/QUOTE]

Actually they don’t do it at CS locations. Cosmic Rays is a CS location and they didn’t allow it. We actually did order our dessert but just wanted to “pick it up” later, they still wouldn’t allow it.

I am not certain about water parks, never tried it there.

The absolute worst thing that can happen is that you eat your ice cream first and your CS meal second.

Wait a minute…did I say the worst thing…? :pinch:

Hey honey, I have an idea… :happy::happy:

[QUOTE=Tiggerific;985904]The absolute worst thing that can happen is that you eat your ice cream first and your CS meal second.

Wait a minute…did I say the worst thing…? :pinch:

Hey honey, I have an idea… :happy::happy:[/QUOTE]

Now I don’t feel so bad~ just walking past Main St. Bakery in MK & I’m ready to just forget all the other meals & eat a day’s worth of calories in one breakfast of sticky buns!:wub:

Life is all about having the right priorities!! :laugh::laugh: