Can I get DirecTV reception at Ft. Wilderness?

We are planning a two month Florida trip this winter with a 10 day stay at Ft. Wilderness. Will I be able to get satellite reception at a “full hook-up” campsite or do I need to make a reservation at a “preferred” campsite and pay the $5 a day for cable?

Cynthia

I have never actually personally set up the dish, but my father does on every trip to FW. There are a lot of trees though, so we always heard a lot of complaining and swearing before he would finally get it to work. I think it really depends on what site you get. We just always seemed to get the sites with a lot of trees around them, but we never had a time where we didn’t get it to work in the end.

We have Dishnetwork and we can never get it to work down there we think it is because of the trees

It can be tricky if there are a lot of trees, but it should be doable, especially if you have a tripod. We have a roof mounted unit and sometimes we have to move a bit back or forth to get it just right.

I don’t want to be judgemental, but I would answer with one word . . . .

WHY!!! I go to WDW to forget the outside world. :confused::confused:

Just wanted to chime in and say that there aren’t too many trees left at FW like there used to be. Within the last year or so they did a lot of tree cleaning.

[QUOTE=Big Al;994012]I don’t want to be judgemental, but I would answer with one word . . . .

WHY!!! I go to WDW to forget the outside world. :confused::confused:[/QUOTE]

I recall, a number of years ago, when our family would make semi annual trips to Ft Wilderness in our 3 motor homes, I would wonder why my son-in-law would get so frustrated trying to set up his dish. He couldn’t miss ‘the race’ or ‘the game’. I would try to get him to loosen up, after all this is Disney. He wouldn’t hear any of that. I realized that he was still young( in his mid 40s) and still involved in a competitive world. I had been retired about 5 or 6 years at the time and only hoped he could let go before he got much older. Of course Ft. Wilderness ain’t what it used to be since they dumped 'Agent Orange" on it.
Subvetss

Don’t know if I would ever stay at FW. When we have been at WDW and there has been a big game, I went to a bar that was outside WDW to see the game. Had a good time but I think for the future I would just go to ESPN club at Boardwalk or wherever it is

[QUOTE=Big Al;994012]I don’t want to be judgemental, but I would answer with one word . . . .

WHY!!! I go to WDW to forget the outside world. :confused::confused:[/QUOTE]

We’re not going to any of the parks. We’re going to spend our time at Ft. Wilderness and I was debating the $5.00 a day for cable that WDW charges vs. the $5.00 a month charge for DirecTV if we could get reception.

Oh, I see. You’re just going to the campground. That would change my opinion.

I wonder if someone at FW could answer your question. They might have experience with campers asking for certain loops/sites where you’ll have better reception.