Can I have a do over? A TR

In a word, our trip was wonderful. I’d love to do it again just the same.

Here are some highlights.

Meals
We ate at Cape May (dinner), Ohana (dinner), 1900 Park Fare (breakfast), and Captain’s Grill (breakfast). We also ate at Contempo Café, Peco’s Bill, Roaring Forks, Studio Catering, La Cantina, Beach Club marketplace, and Starring Rolls. We were very happy with our meals. Everything was great and not hamburger all week. On my birthday we had a bit of pixie dust. My DH went to BC marketplace and got a breakfast sandwich. As he was about to pay, another guest came up and said he had an extra credit so he paid for the meal. That evening, at Cape May, our server brought over a dessert for me with a candle and card.

Rooms
We had a studio at BCV. It overlooked the quiet pool. We quickly discovered the other elevator and the shortcut across the pool instead of walking down the long hallways. The room was ready by 9:30 am.
At BLT, we checked in about 3 pm. As we walked onto the balcony, I asked my DH “what do you see”? He replied “trees, cars, grass”??? I pointed out the castle, thus we would be able to see fireworks from our room. Whoo Hoo

Parks
The first few days we spent at Epcot and DHS. We focused mostly on Christmas stuff. We wanted to hear the Christmas processional, but we weren’t expecting to get in because it was Neil Patrick Harris and I had heard he was VERY popular . At 3 oclock there were people waiting in the package line. No way would I stand in line for hours for anyone. I asked a CM what are the chances of getting in. She said if the line gets to a certain poinsettia , get in line, after that it’s iffy. So we sat and watched the line get longer and longer. Just about 4:30, the line was getting to that point, so we got in line. About 10 mins later, they started seating people. The line moves and moves and moves. The guy in front of us jokes the line will stop right in front of him. Guess where it stopped. Yup, right in front of him. I asked him for lottery numbers. But then they started seating a few people here and there, we did get in.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1126526]In a word, our trip was wonderful. I’d love to do it again just the same.

Here are some highlights.

Meals
We ate at Cape May (dinner), Ohana, 1900 Park Fare (breakfast), and Captain’s Grill (breakfast). We also ate at Contempo Café, Peco’s Bill, Roaring Forks, Studio Catering, La Cantina, Beach Club marketplace, and Starring Rolls. We were very happy with our meals. Everything was great and not hamburger all week. On my birthday we had a bit of pixie dust. My DH went to BC marketplace and got a breakfast sandwich. As he was about to pay, another guest came up and said he had an extra credit so he paid for the meal. That evening, at Cape May, our server brought over a dessert for me with a candle and card.

Rooms
We had a studio at BCV. It overlooked the quiet pool. We quickly discovered the other elevator and the shortcut across the pool instead of walking down the long hallways. The room was ready by 9:30 am.
At BLT, we checked in about 3 pm. As we walked onto the balcony, I asked my DH “what do you see”? He replied “trees, cars, grass”??? I pointed out the castle, thus we would be able to see fireworks from our room. Whoo Hoo

Parks
The first few days we spent at Epcot and DHS. We focused mostly on Christmas stuff. We wanted to hear the Christmas processional, but we weren’t expecting to get in because it was Neil Patrick Harris and I had heard he was VERY popular . At 3 oclock there were people waiting in the package line. No way would I stand in line for hours for anyone. I asked a CM what are the chances of getting in. She said if the line gets to a certain poinsettia , get in line, after that it’s iffy. So we sat and watched the line get longer and longer. Just about 4:30, the line was getting to that point, so we got in line. About 10 mins later, they started seating people. The line moves and moves and moves. The guy in front of us jokes the line will stop right in front of him. Guess where it stopped. Yup, right in front of him. I asked him for lottery numbers. But then they started seating a few people here and there, we did get in.[/QUOTE]

…sounds like a great time…I’m looking forward to hearing more…

:heart: Neil Patrick Harris!

Okay, we need more…

Welcome home! Neil? OH WOW…that was a treat! Can’t wait to hear more!

Generally we just hang out in the back for the processional. Did the dinner plan once and you got a seat but still had to stand in long line.

Saw Doogie last year. Don’t know the celib for next weekend - some singer.

Come on back down. Next weekend looks good with lows near 60 and highs in 70s. I’m even going to plan on sneaking into the DVC annual meeting and reception on Thursday and we’re going to try and catch up with King and his DW.

Sounds like a wonderful time, can’t wait for more!

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1126551]Generally we just hang out in the back for the processional. Did the dinner plan once and you got a seat but still had to stand in long line.

[/QUOTE]

After the 5 oclock show, we were walking back toward France, and the package line was unbelievable for the next show.

I got the package once, when the dining plan was still good and it was only one credit. Since then it’s either listening while across the way eating something or jumping into a short line last min. We will not wait in a line for ages to get in. My DH can walk just fine, but standing in one spot just kills his back. Listening to the storytellers for 10 - 15 mins was almost too much for him.

More later and perhaps some pictures (if I can remember how to post them :blink:)

I’m going to post pictures and then continue writing later this evening.

These are the only food pics we took. Captain’s Grill breakfast.

[attach]57519[/attach]

[attach]57520[/attach]

[attach]57521[/attach]

[attach]57522[/attach]

[attach]57523[/attach]

The french toast had a flavor I just couldn’t place. I asked…they use OJ in the french toast.

We didn’t try everything, but what we had was yummy. A great way to start the trip.

View from our room at BCV.

The storytellers, well almost all, we missed Norway.

Italy

China

Mexico

Canada

Morocco

A few more, but it appears I forgot to take pictures of all that we saw.

France

Japan

Germany

Of course the lights at DHS were great.

They had Santa Goofy meet and greet where the manger was last year. I thought they had taken away the manger, but we found it around the corner.

A few pictures of the carousel at BC.

After a few days we moved to BLT. This was our view.

One night we went over to Fort Wilderness to see the displays set up by campers. A CM told us one guest comes every year, same spot for three months.

One guest had this huge table set up with models of the castle, resorts, monorail, etc. And she was handing out candy canes.

The weather was just amazing the whole week. One day is was a bit chilly, but nothing a long sleeve shirt wouldn’t fix.