Can I pack for 7 days in a carryon?

I’m planning a new trip! YEah!
Got a great airfare! Yeah!
Got the 7/4 special! Yeah!
Airline charges $30 per bag X 5 of us for an extra $150. BOO!:angry:

I usually do laundry once while we are there and I think I could totally do it. We are going Jan.18-25. The only thing that concerns me is that the weather could go either way so I will have to pack some warm things along with our usual shorts/tshirts. I figure if we wear jeans,shirt and sweatshirt/coat leaving from Philly that is our bulkiest stuff and then pack one pair pants,several shorts, shirts we could pull this off. Or maybe we would check one suitcase with our toilietries and bulkiest stuff. What do you think? I hate to fork over all the moola that I could be spending at the World.

We are heading down about the same time. Jan 13th - 21st. Our first bag is free, but with 3 children I don’t take more than what each of them can handle themselves. They each get a small backpack for stuff to occupy them on the plane and a small rolling duffle. I am shipping a box to the hotel with toiletries, laundry detergent and snack stuff. DD 5 is celebrating a birthday while we are there so I am also shipping down some gifts. Yeah you’ll have shipping, but it will be a lot less. and you won’t have the hassle of checking baggage…

I think it is totally doable!!

I couldn’t do it with wonter clothes, jeams and sweatshirts take up too much room. We went last Christmas and had to layer cothes everyday so We needed a Tshirt every day as well. I might be able to it in the summer if I was doing laundry a couple of times but it would be hard.

Could you check a couple of large suitcases with a mix of clothes for everyone? That plus carry on luggage should be enough room.

If you will do laundry once, I really think that you could do it! There are so many advantages to only packing carry-on. Just make the rule: if it doesn’t fit, it doesn’t go! :laugh:

Sure you can if you do a load of laundry. Or, f you are staying in a villa, you can do laundry every night, so it should be even easier.

I can be done, I’ve done it for a business trip. Have you looked into the space bags, they work.

I think its doable too- either pack carefully using capsule items that can be intermixed, or as Dee above says Space bags- we saw a couple who had gone from the UK to the USA for two weeks using carryons filled with…space bags… amazing!

I’m a packrat and I usually take everything under the sun! But to save money if I were flying, I’d MAKE IT WORK!!!

I am going next week (YAY!) and I plan to wear jeans most of the time. If you wear a pair of jeans on the plane with a tee shirt, sweat shirt AND your heavy jacket, you just have to pack a couple of pairs of pants, tee shirts, maybe a couple of long sleeved tees, a pair of shorts or two and undergarments and toiletries. TOTALLY DOABLE!!!

Space bags are a great idea. That would help you get a lot of stuff in your bags for travel down, but would you be able to suck the air out of your space bags to come home?

You could make it work you’d just have to REALLY make it work! I might be tempted to check on bag because I tend to bring WAY to many shoes. That’s always my problem. But we drive…so it’s really not a problem I guess.

You most certainly can do it. I just got my dh packed for China using one carry-on and his briefcase, for 12 days!!

But how’s he going to get home?!?!?!?!?! :eek: or are you going to show up to pack for his return trip also?

Heehe!! Good point. :eek

I guess I should have said we did it together. :redface:

From what I hear, Wish does it all the time :wink:

That’s true! She almost NEVER checks luggage!

You guys amaze me, I couldn’t do it. We took two larger checked bags and a carry on at Christmas and all the bags were full.

yup, same here. Not that I ever wear everything I bring because things suddenly look totally different in the unfamiliar mirrors at the resort :eek:

I do laundry on the last day so that when the secret service riffles through my stuff it is all good :laugh:

[QUOTE=Dopey;903480]
I do laundry on the last day so that when the secret service riffles through my stuff it is all good :laugh:[/QUOTE]

ROFL! I have always wondered what they encounter in baggage they search! Ewwww!

You can buy the space bags that you roll the air out of instead of using a vaccume.
We always and only take carry on and one Disney canvas bag each. (The ones they sold a few years ago for $10 with purchase=nice,large size)
The canvas bag is for souviners and clear baggie stuff. We roll the heck out of jeans and t-shirts. Rolling seriously saves ALOT of room!
Disclaimer*** we are from MN so we are happy in t-shirts and light sweatshirts in FL- no parkas here! We tough it out from the plane to the car***

[QUOTE=Dopey;903480]yup, same here. Not that I ever wear everything I bring because things suddenly look totally different in the unfamiliar mirrors at the resort :eek:

I do laundry on the last day so that when the secret service riffles through my stuff it is all good :laugh:[/QUOTE]

:laugh:Good thinking–can you imagine going through those stinky dirty clothes?

I agree, I like options once we get there. Things look different and I’m not always in the same mood I was in at home. I over-pack and I know it but I like to have too much rather than too little.