Can I use Disney visa card rewards at Disney Restaurants

Hi,
Thinking of getting a Disney Visa card. Can I use the “rewards” toward restaurants and shops at WDW resorts and parks??
How about toward tickets for special events like the VMCP

Thanks.

Frank

I am pretty sure you can. It is just like a gift card.

I have a Disney Visa, and I love it. I have a nice chunk of rewards dollars that we are using on our upcoming trip. You asked about using the reward points for purchasing special tickets, and I have to say that as far as the Halloween and Christmas parties go, I don’t know, but I tried to use mine to pay for the Perfectly Princess Tea Party when I called to book it, and it the CM couldn’t get it to go through. She said that she thought it was supposed to work, but she couldn’t get it to work. I ended up just using my Visa and getting more points.

[QUOTE=fjs08;975473]Hi,
Thinking of getting a Disney Visa card. Can I use the “rewards” toward restaurants and shops at WDW resorts and parks??

Thanks.

Frank[/QUOTE]

YES! Get it now and use it on everything you can from gas, groceries, utilities or anything you’d normally pay cash, debt or check for throughout the month. We waited and made a BIG mistake. First of the year we moved into a bigger house, which meant more furniture and changes to our liking. We put it on our standard card THEN got the visa. We could’ve had 100’s more points ($) for our next trip had we not waited. Just DO IT!

I have been thinking of getting one of these as well.

yuppers! You can use it pretty much on anything “Disney” you want. Although, I never seem to rack up more than like 20 stinkin’ points. I should REALLY put a lot on it every month & then pay it off on-line after the points get credited. I can’t be trusted like that though. :pinch: :laugh:

We use our Disney Visa to pay for just about everything in our life. The key is to pay off the bill at the end of the month so you don’t pay interest, then the reward dollars truly are freebies. For every one of our trips, the reward dollars paid for our food and for some souvenirs. We love going to WDW with very little money in our pockets! :wub:

We do this, too. Sometimes they offer bonus points on certain types of purchases. We recently received 5X points for a few months on gas, groceries, and restaurants, I believe. We ended up racking up a lot of points over the past year by charging everything and paying it off each month. We have almost $400. We’re going next month on free dining, so I’ll use the rewards card to pay all of our tips throughout the week. If there’s anything left at the end of the trip then I’ll use it to buy a few souveniers!

I’m using the Disney Visa now two. I don’t use it for everything, but I do make sure and pay it off at the end of the month. Hopefully it will take care of an anniversary meal for my parents’ 40th next January!

I got enough points racked up in 3 years to get a “free” night at the Contemporary.
In that vein, I’d apply reward dollars directly to your room account instead of paying each meal piecemeal.

[QUOTE=fjs08;975473]Hi,

Thanks.

Frank[/QUOTE]

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card. We too use it for everything and pay it off. I know you can use the reward card like a gift card and we used our rewards to pay for the three of us to attend the MNSSHP last year. I love saying that we attended the party for “free”! I am so looking forward to our trip next year. We are gonna have A LOT of rewards to use for souvineers!

Get it, its worth it.

Lisa

This looks pretty neat. I would love to use it for Food & Wine… walking around Epcot with a nice little “debit” card of rewards. It would be perfect. I wouldn’t have to lug cash, nor see a million little charges on my credit card.
But I like one design and my wife likes another. If I get a card for her and me on the same account, can you pick two card designs… decisions-decisions <g>.
Frank

I agree, it is great. We put EVERYTHING on the Visa card and then pay it off each month. I think the best way to use it is to have everything charged to your room account and then the night before checkout pay off the room bill with the rewards card. We did this on our last trip and it worked out great. We had enough reward points last trip to pay for 2 nights at POR plus enough to pay for the majority of our food for the 10 day trip. This trip I think we will have enough to pay for 1 annual pass (yay!!)

And just FYI for those thinking about doing it…have someone who already has one send you a link. The current member will get reward points and I think the current reward for new members is $100 gift card (sent after your first purchase on the card)

Can you post a link for the $100? I can’t find it :slight_smile:
Thanks!

Yes, yes , and yes. You can use it at WDW. We put our points on our room key/park pass/credit card and pay for everything and get a credit until they are all gone. It’s like Disney pays for it while it lasts!

[QUOTE=fjs08;975867]
But I like one design and my wife likes another. If I get a card for her and me on the same account, can you pick two card designs.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think so, but call Chase just to be certain.

>>I don’t think so, but call Chase just to be certain.<<

You’re correct. I got an additional card for my wife, but there was no option for another design.

Frank

Here at the SG residence, I called the shots on which design (it’s my account anyway from before we were married) and DW really didn’t even have any idea, nor care about the actual picture.
When I converted to a Disney rewards account there were only three designs. I believe there are now 6 to choose from.
I do wonder if you could order a replacement for your wife alone and ask for a different design if they’d fulfill your request.

We use our points for spending money! I feel like a kids in a candy shop because it all seems free.