Can someone explain catagory number?

[I]Disney[/I] [I]Magic sail date 5/18/13 14 night Easbound Transatlantic category 09C, rates per person starting at $55 per night or sail the Disney Dream on 2/24/13 4 night Bahamas.[/I]

What does category 09C mean? Is this a good deal?

Don’t quote me on any of this!! We just sailed on the Magic and I believe we were category 5B, which was a balcony room on the 6th floor that was awesome!! I do believe the highest floor there were staterooms on was floor 8, but I am sure that is different on each ship. That sounds like a decent room and price to me!!

From the Vacations To Go newsletter:

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom
2nd deck
Category 9C
Category 9B
Queen-size bed or two twin beds, single convertible sofa, privacy divider, split bath, window view. Sleeps 3, some sleep 4, 214 sq. ft.

Disney Magic - Discount Cruises, Last-Minute Cruises, Short Notice Cruises - Vacations To Go

If that’s a Deluxe oceanview then i’m even more bummed now since we can’t use this. Sure wish we’d get these offers for the month of June. I have a Grad trip to start looking into for 3 girls for next year.

Oceanview is just that, a view. The porthole in the picture from the site looks bigger than most.

Scan through the site and look for sailings out of the port of choice and see what is available. What port are you looking to go out of. I know some lines sailout of NOLA.

FL was our choice but i’m finding more out of NOLA and Galveston, which will be much closer.
The view isn’t as important since the idea is not to spend a lot of time in the cabin. Space on the other hand :whistling

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1129718]FL was our choice but i’m finding more out of NOLA and Galveston, which will be much closer.
The view isn’t as important since the idea is not to spend a lot of time in the cabin. Space on the other hand :whistling[/QUOTE]

The interior and oceanview cabins are not that large on most of the ships. To get a little more room you need to move up to a balcony or suite cabin.

One thought for you- Friends took their 2 daughter and 2 freinds a few years back. The 2 moms got a larger balcony cabin and the girls got 2 interior cabins within sight of the mom’s cabin since the kids would hardly ever be in theirs. And the mom’s cabin was plenty large to host all 6 with the balcony and larger sitting area if needed.

Besides, you would deserve a larger cabin for the work you put in getting you child to that point.