Can this price for this buffet be right?

I was just looking at allears and the price for dinner at 1900 park fare is 35.99. That’s plus tax and tip. Is that the normal price or the “holiday” pricing?

Any body just back remember prices for other bufferts? Some of allears menu are a little old.

I think holiday pricing adds a few bucks. The menu on Allears is from July which had the holiday pricing until 0712. But you have to remember dinner is always more than breakfast and there are characters. So, it probably is right.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;979332]I was just looking at allears and the price for dinner at 1900 park fare is 35.99. That’s plus tax and tip. Is that the normal price or the “holiday” pricing?

Any body just back remember prices for other bufferts? Some of allears menu are a little old.[/QUOTE]

YEP! That is the new price for dinner for an adult. Makes the dining plan look soooooo good doesn’t it? :happy:

Totally makes the dining plan worth it!!

Yes, because the holiday surcharge doesn’t effect the DDP price either, another PLUS! :happy:

It certainly makes it harder to decide. It used to be the buffets weren’t such a good deal for the DDP, but it seems that has changed.

I think that 1900 ParkFare is always slightly higher than the rest. I am one of the few that doesn’t think it’s worth it to be honest. ( for the food at least)

My friend and I ate at 1900 park fare last Feb and we were not on the DDP and the total was almost $80.00 with tip.
In Dec we were on the DDP and it was so nice just to swipe a card and leave

Yeah, only if you can get it. Sorry but many don’t qualify for it, nor do many including myself care for it yet I feel the heightened popularity of this program has contributed to a price hike in many of the restaurants. One level of proof is how the menu’s have changed by eliminating some of the higher end foods at some places and offering lesser expensive items for the same price. Why? with the high participation of DDP the same program price is paid regardless of menu item. So, while these prices continue to rise all those on DDP can continue to enjoy noticing minimal differences while the rest of us will pack our PB&J’s to bring in the parks:frown:

btw: not ranting on you guys that choose to or are eligible for this program but rather on the system itself.

In May, Our Dinner was $27.99 per adult / $17.99 for child … It was not DDP and we had other items on the bill such as a Mothers Day Cake. It got up there … But to us it was worth it . They Have PRIME RIB !!! I think somewhere else I might have posted it a time … or two!:laugh:

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;979377]Yeah, only if you can get it. Sorry but many don’t qualify for it, nor do many including myself care for it yet I feel the heightened popularity of this program has contributed to a price hike in many of the restaurants. One level of proof is how the menu’s have changed by eliminating some of the higher end foods at some places and offering lesser expensive items for the same price. Why? with the high participation of DDP the same program price is paid regardless of menu item. So, while these prices continue to rise all those on DDP can continue to enjoy noticing minimal differences while the rest of us will pack our PB&J’s to bring in the parks:frown:

btw: not ranting on you guys that choose to or are eligible for this program but rather on the system itself.[/QUOTE]

How come you are not eligible?

Of course . . . when you are TREATING Mom, you don’t look at the price! :wub:

Another place to get PRIME RIB as a CS is at the Pepper Market at CSR! $34.99 for a cs! YES!

I think this is my favorite “vintage” of WDW “whine”.
I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve posted this observation.
Honestly, it’s really starting to yank my chain a bit too hard.
Average number of dinner entrees? 8
Number of WDW O&O restaurants serving lobster? 1

And most of the “prime” rib isn’t that great either.

Eeesh. :noo: $35.99?! That is ridiculous!

At that price, you oughta be getting a show along with your dinner. :dry:

That night at 1900 Park Fare , The Prime Rib was amazing. I told the CM behind the cutting board to just tear off the Hooves and the Horns and look out!!!:laugh:

Sometimes we stay at SOG and sometimes we stay at another Dis resort. DDP isn’t available to SOG, or Swolfin. This fall we’re splitting between SOG and Poly. Most of the time we choose not to be locked into having to be somewhere everyday while on vacate…takes some of the relaxation and impluse out of vacates. Sometimes we don’t mind set schedules though, just not the whole trip. But that’s our “choice”. However some can’t afford to stay onsite, they do good to make it in the front door while some others (like FL residents) are fortunate enough for day trips and don’t need to stay, although they all still have to eat while they’re there.
The price of meals continues to climb and I truly believe ONE of the factors behind that is because of the elevated response to DDP. WDW still charges those who can/will buy it the same price and by raising the menu $ those aren’t affected. But those not on it are.

Like I said b4, not yelling at you guys but at the system.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;979474]Sometimes we stay at SOG and sometimes we stay at another Dis resort. DDP isn’t available to SOG, or Swolfin. This fall we’re splitting between SOG and Poly. Most of the time we choose not to be locked into having to be somewhere everyday while on vacate…takes some of the relaxation and impluse out of vacates. Sometimes we don’t mind set schedules though, just not the whole trip. But that’s our “choice”. However some can’t afford to stay onsite, they do good to make it in the front door while some others (like FL residents) are fortunate enough for day trips and don’t need to stay, although they all still have to eat while they’re there.
The price of meals continues to climb and I truly believe ONE of the factors behind that is because of the elevated response to DDP. WDW still charges those who can/will buy it the same price and by raising the menu $ those aren’t affected. But those not on it are.

Like I said b4, not yelling at you guys but at the system.[/QUOTE]

Right! I’ve looked into SOG before and then not gone because of no DDP! FL residents can use the DDP either . . . but they allow passholders too which for me is just AWESOME!

Disney pushes the stay on property, all inclusive package idea . . . must be more profitable for them!

Thanks for clearing that up! :happy:

I haven’t done dinner at 1900 Park Fare (that’s always a breakfast stop for us).
I wasn’t that impressed with the prime rib at Chef Mickey’s last month or the other times I’ve done dinner there, although it was serviceable. I guess I just expected more and was hoping for it to be on par with my memories of Victoria Station and Steak and Ale.

Getting back to the price. Even without holiday pricing, I’m fairly certain that dinner buffet prices have been around $30 per adult for years now. I think I’ve posted a few times in the past year that meal prices would be rising, if only to keep pace with the cost of fuel and animal feed among other factors.
It just honks me off to no small degree that “holiday” pricing is now in effect for anywhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the year at buffets on top of price increases.

Yes FL residents can use it, IF they stay on property. But for some the drive is close enough to not have to, yet not close enough to run back to the house for a bite to eat.:wink:

Disney offers enough discounts out there to where if everyone looks most can find “something” to apply to them to help out. This particular one (DDP)just happens to NOT be one of my fav’s.

Since you qualify for SOG hopefully you’re using the 40% off any WDW room on one of your trips this year.

And SG I agree with you on this, 1900 is definitely a good breakie stop. Mary Poppins & Alice are great.

I think Mickeysgirlz meant “can’t”, not can.
On the other hand, as passholders, we can book room only for one or two nights and still get the dining plan. But as Florida residents, we’re eligible for Tables in Wonderland, which is a 20% discount (and then an automatically applied 18% tip) including alcoholic beverages.

Mad Hatter is my favorite. One morning because it was later and many tables were open, we found Mad Hatter, Alice, and Mary all pulled up at our table chatting. The sad part is Alice puts on a really thick accent and it was sometimes hard to understand her.

As for SOG, which we’ll never be able to stay at, I love the rate schedule where the lower your rank, the less you pay. I think that’s great. I’ve got nothing at all against officers, I just think it’s great that they level the playing field for enlisted men and NCOs.