Can you pack this in suitcase on planes?

We were soooo sick at disney in late Sept. I want to have more than a 1 oz bottle of hand sanitizer to the parks, with a 4 oz refill in the room. We’ve always been ok, with just that, but I’m concerned for our next trip. At home, we use plain soap, teach sunday school(so I have weekly contact with little germ factories :laugh:) and we’ve been fine. But I feel I need something more for disney.

I want to bring clorox hand sanitizer, wipes, and/or spray. I’ve been reading this brand is suppose to be good against norovirus and other bugs. I know I can take the little 2 oz bottles with me in carry on. But a 16 oz refill and a spray can??? Are they allowed in suitcase??

Jo Jo, sorry I can’t answer your questions. I’m assuming it maybe can be packed in checked bags, but not sure.

I’m not one for all those sanitizers. Something about all the chemicals drying my skin and if you constantly use them, you build up no resistance. I go about fighting off germs a different way, in that the week before I make sure I have a green smoothie once or twice a day (frozen banana, orange, frozen grapes, spinich, kale and romaine lettuce). All those extra vitamins definitely help block those nasty sick germs. Then the day before and day of, I take airborne. I don’t want to jinx myself, but knock on wood, it’s worked so far.

It might be better to take two smaller refills in your suitcase…just so X-ray won’t look so big. Be sure to put them in ziplock bags. I took cough syrup in my suitcase one trip and even though it was in a cosmetic bag, it leaked and got all over everything…

When we’ve taken liquid I triple wrap in ziplock bags with a paper towel or two tucked in.

Bethishooked, I agree, I’m not usually one with sanitizers. A few germs are good for you. I just don’t like to be sick at disney and it has nothing to do with wasting money or park time. Everyone wants to be home when feeling yucky.

Totally agree!

3.3 oz is limit for liquids/jells. One QUART clear plastic bag per passenger. Nothing larger. They will take 16 oz and aresol spray cans.

Does not include prescriptions which can exceed but must be in seperate bag and have pharmacy labels.

You shouldn’t have any touble bringing extra as long as it is in your checked bagage, aresol cans included. However, you should always check with your airline’s policy to be sure.
Happy Packing!

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1141472]3.3 oz is limit for liquids/jells. One QUART clear plastic bag per passenger. Nothing larger. They will take 16 oz and aresol spray cans.

Does not include prescriptions which can exceed but must be in seperate bag and have pharmacy labels.[/QUOTE]

That’s the rule for carry on—I’ve put liquids in my checked baggage all the time. :slight_smile: I think Jo-Jo is talking about checked luggage.

You should have no problem taking those things in a checked bag. I’ve taken large bottles of liquid like that before.

Yes, checked bags. My thought is the hand sanitizers have a lot of alcohol. It that allowed?

Hmmm… Good point…I the TSA has a website that lists all the things allowed and not allowed in both carryon and checked baggage. That might be the best way to find out for sure. :slight_smile: