Can you use Disney dollars for tipping?

Can you use Disney dollars from your Disney visa for tipping?

I guess you could, but not sure I would. The reason being they can only be used in Disney and therefore spending them would be very limited. As usually tips are relied upon by staff to subsidise a low wage, I would have thought they, Disney dollars, wouldn’t be really appreciated, but then that’s just my opinion and others may think differently.

Hi! If you are talking about the rewards dollars, it is OK. It is just like using cash. We have gone a few times during free dining and have used our Disney Visa rewards dollars for all of the tips. It makes free dining really free!

You can use reward dollars for a tip, so long as you’re using the reward dollars card to pay for the meal, or part of the meal.
Or at least, there should be no problem.
I found the best use for my reward dollars was to put them toward paying the room.
And now that I think, if you are charging everything back to your room anyway, when you check out, you can use all or part of your card to pay for any portion of the entire bill you wish.
(Hope this was understandable)

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1039676]You can use reward dollars for a tip, so long as you’re using the reward dollars card to pay for the meal, or part of the meal.
Or at least, there should be no problem.
I found the best use for my reward dollars was to put them toward paying the room.
And now that I think, if you are charging everything back to your room anyway, when you check out, you can use all or part of your card to pay for any portion of the entire bill you wish.
(Hope this was understandable)[/QUOTE]

What he said. Boss Mouse says that you can use the rewards card for beer and bail money. :laugh:

Thanks for your answers. Yes, they are reward dollars.

No go on bail money, but you can use reward dollars for beer, both in the bars and in the resort stores.

I apologise, I thought you meant the regular Disney dollars- doh us foreigners huh?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gee, I only think to bring bail money when I go to Vegas. I must be missing out on all the good stuff at WDW. Note to self: study BossMouse.

I commented on this in another post too, but thought I’d mention this here also since I don’t know if it is common knowledge.

A CM told me to save our reward dollars for purchases over $50 because we can get 10% off our purchase. We had cash along for smaller purchases and loved seeing our Reward Dollars stretch further than we expected! I had no idea the 10% discount worked on the Reward Dollars until she mentioned it to me. She said you have to ask for the discount, though, because most CMs won’t automatically give it to you.

Is that 10% anywhere in WDW or just World of Disney, like so many other discounts that are offered?

love you karen! LOL xx ( I was thinking the same as you if it makes you feel better! ) :laugh::laugh:

Thanks Hon it did!! xx:heart:

You can use them, but I am not sure they would be as appreciated as cash.

I always use my reward dollars for ride photos, souvioniers, and extras on our trips! And I too have gotten the 10% off $50 or m ore purchases, but I do think it was at World of Disney. I can’t wait to use all my new reward dollars on our next trip in 16 days!!:smile::mickey: