Can you use disney gift cards to buy tickets?

I’ve always used credit cards to buy the tickets, but this yr we are buying a bunch of tickets for Christmas gifts. I’ve read Bj’s is selling gift cards at a small discount. So I’m thinking if I buy a whole slew of them, I could save an extra 40 -60 dollars. But I’d need to used a bunch at one time. I thought I read someplace trouble using them for tickets or only can use one or something like that. Has anyone used gift cards in this manner?

Yes, you can use gift cards to buy tickets.

So you’ve used a bunch them online? I looked online and didn’t see a spot for any? Just a disney reward card or credit card. Am I missing something? Is there another way to do it? Call?

YES!!! I did this September 9 of this year. I bought one day passes at MK for 5 (cant remember how much but like $400 something I think). I paid using $25 gift cards. The CM that was over the transaction at the window just smiled and looked over at her friend in the next window who was laughing. I asked if it was an issue and she very politely said, “No, but you are going to have a very long reciept”. Then one by one she swiped my cards and I did have a long reciept and took about 5 minutes in total but I had NO issues.
I buy the gift cards at our Kroger store. For every 100 points you put on your Kroger Discount card you get 10 cents off a gallon at the Kroger Fuel Station. For the gift cards it counts as double fuel points…so if I buy $50 in Disney Gift Cards I get 100 points equaling 10 cents off a gallon. Since we have started buying at least 1 $25 card every time we go to the grocery store, we have yet not to have at least a 30 cent discount per gallon at the pump.

BUT YES!!! they take them right there at the tix window as of Sept 9.

Do you have a Disney Store? You can do it there or at the parks. You can also call Disney Tickets and pay over the phone with the gift cards.

If you are near a Disney Store, a couple of years ago (maybe still) if passes were purchased at a Disney Shop there was a 10 % lower price. Add that to your no cost gas and you got it created. Present certificates can be used anywhere in Disney globe World.

They are indeed lower at the Disney Store because you aren’t paying resort tax on the purchase which is higher than normal stupid state tax.

Wow I never knew that! I think there is a disney store at king of prussia mall near me. I wanted to buy two of the special DVC PAP for 399 before the deal runs out. But I only want the voucher, not an active pass. I thought I read if you buy them AT disney, they are active passes.

Thanks all for the info. :happy:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1124124]Wow I never knew that! I think there is a disney store at king of prussia mall near me. I wanted to buy two of the special DVC PAP for 399 before the deal runs out. But I only want the voucher, not an active pass. I thought I read if you buy them AT disney, they are active passes.

Thanks all for the info. :happy:[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that they were not active until you used them at WDW, but it has been many years since I have bought one. It’s an excellent bargain for DVC owners even without the extra money off the gift card deal at BJs.

So do all of the restaurants take disney gift cards? It seems like a great way save for dining!

I just post the restaurant charges to the room key card and then the night before checkout I bring all my gift cards to Guest Services to pay down my balance. I just think its easier than remembering balances on different cards.

We used our gift cards at the table at Cape May back in September.

Side note, I paid down on our trip in March with gift cards to the tune of $320…and my next fill up is $.80/off now bc of it…We drive a Yukon XL so we are talking $20 off our next fill up. In today’s economy every little bit helps.