Can you use the dining plan (cs) at Blizzard Beach?

I have the two counter service DDP and I was wondering if you can use it at Blizzard Beach?

Yes you can.

Yes ma’am!

And it’s a good dang thing, cuz I’m a hungry hippo at the water parks! :laugh:

Yes you can and the best part is that you can go back later for your dessert. You can sit down and enjoy your lunch, after your finished you can go play in the water a little more and then go back and get your dessert when you need a snack (you will have to hang onto your receipt from lunch in order to do this); your choices for dessert are usually ice cream.

We liked that touch with the dessert. What fun would melted ice cream be?

We used our DDP at both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon in September. They actually have quite a bit to choose from at the waterparks too which surprised me …salad, wraps, chicken sandwiches, hamburgers. There is one main stand at each park (near the entrance) and little stands spread here and there, most of them accessible by the lazy rivers. Some of the little stands have different things to eat, so definitely browse around for what you are hungry for.

Definitely check out the gift shops too. You can find cool pins there that might be sold out at DTD and the resorts. We found a Port Orleans pin there after we looked at multiple resorts, DTD, and the parks. They have other cool merchandise there that you won’t find at the resorts and parks either.

[QUOTE=mairinmaureen;934823]
Definitely check out the gift shops too. You can find cool pins there that might be sold out at DTD and the resorts. We found a Port Orleans pin there after we looked at multiple resorts, DTD, and the parks. They have other cool merchandise there that you won’t find at the resorts and parks either.[/QUOTE]

Wow that is good to know! I don’t think I’ve ever lingered in the gift shops at the water parks very much. Thanks!

Thanks for all the tips!! Like I said before I haven’t been to the WP in YEARS!! So I wasn’t sure exactly how they worked.

Does anyone know if the mugs we get with the CS dining plan work at the waterparks too? Or do we need to get BB mugs?

I think you need to get BB mugs. I am not definite on this as I am going by memory, but I am pretty sure you had to buy theirs. Considering you are on the new CS plan though, it could be different. When we were on the DDP, one drink was included.

Here’s an answer from the Mom’s panel. It seems to confirm that you need to buy a seperate BB mug…

“The souvenir mugs are only to be used in the Resort and not at the parks. The Water Parks equally have a refillable drink mug, the costs were similar, but I don’t remember the exact amount. There are drink stations all through the park, the stations have a bar code scanner, when you scan the bar code on the cup, and then the soda will flow, or non carbonated drink. It works in both Water Parks too, so if you go to another Water Park another day, all you have to do is pay for the bar code sticker, which is about half the cost of the cup, two refills pays for the bar code sticker. Hope you have a fabulous trip!!! Heather M.”

[QUOTE=mairinmaureen;934936]Here’s an answer from the Mom’s panel. It seems to confirm that you need to buy a seperate BB mug…

“The souvenir mugs are only to be used in the Resort and not at the parks. The Water Parks equally have a refillable drink mug, the costs were similar, but I don’t remember the exact amount. There are drink stations all through the park, the stations have a bar code scanner, when you scan the bar code on the cup, and then the soda will flow, or non carbonated drink. It works in both Water Parks too, so if you go to another Water Park another day, all you have to do is pay for the bar code sticker, which is about half the cost of the cup, two refills pays for the bar code sticker. Hope you have a fabulous trip!!! Heather M.”[/QUOTE]

I always forget about the Mom’s Panel! :blush:

Thanks! I remember someone else mentioning the bar code.

You know, when the DDP first came out, I read this tip online. You could save your receipt at any CS in the parks and come back for dessert. We tried it at Cosmic Rays (even talked to the manager) and they all acted as if we were insane!:blush::blink::laugh: (We never tried it again.)

Heck yeah!
In fact, a couple years ago, we went out of our way to eat lunch there in order to use up our CS credits.
Gingles is correct about dessert. You don’t have to get your desserts with your meal. We also didn’t get our dessert right away, partly so that the ice cream wouldn’t melt.

You do have to get an actual BB mug in order to refill it at the water park. But hey, it’s another irresistable souvenir (that will take up space in your cabinets!) right? :laugh:

OMG! I had to move our mug collection to boxes in the garage I have THAT many!??!?! :blink: I was going to sell them on ebay, but I don’t want to be responsible for misuse!! :ph34r:

Whoa I never even thought of that! (?! :blink:) I probably would have sold some on ebay without giving it a second thought.

My mom picked up a great Disneyland mug for me at a garage sale the other day, and I just started laughing when she gave it to me. I was like “Mom, don’t you think I get enough of this stuff every time I go to Disney??” :laugh: