Candlelight Procession

I’m am still wet behind the ears with some of the things at WDW. What exactly is the Candlelight Processional? Is it a live show? I know it involves a story taken from the Bible, but in what form? Thanks!

Anyhoo, I made our dinner/show reservations for the 25th and can’t wait! Just the smell of Christmas in Disney… Wahoo!!!

From the Disney web site. Dinner packages are also available.

Candlelight Processional - Epcot

One of the most beloved and joyous Disney traditions since 1958, the Candlelight Processional enthralls you as a Celebrity Guest* narrates the Christmas story, accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and a glorious mass choir. Guest choirs travel from as far away as the UK to sing with over 400 performers each evening. The Candlelight Processional takes place in the America Gardens Theatre and is included with Park admission.

Showtimes: 5 p.m., 6:45 p.m. & 8:15pm

2005 Schedule of Narrators:
Rita Moreno Nov 25-27
Phil Donahue Nov 28-30
Haley Joel Osment Dec 1-3
Cicely Tyson Dec 4-6
Jaci Velasquez Dec 7-9
Eartha Kitt Dec 10-12
Lou Diamond Phillips Dec 13-15
Harry Hamlin Dec 16-18
Marlee Matlin Dec 19-21
Jim Caviezel Dec 22-24
John Stamos Dec 25-27
Steven Curtis Chapman Dec 28-30

Thank you Handicap18. This was very helpful.

It is a very special show, a must see. this year both my kids are in it. One as a cast member and the other as a visiting school member. We are excited. They are going to be performing together.

It is just beautiful! Even my children were left speechless.

OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I would be bawling like a baby if I were you when they are on stage.

The Candlelight Processional is definitely one of the not-to-be-missed events at WDW. We usually go at least two or three times during the holidays, sometimes more if we get a lot of out-of-town guests who’ve never seen it. I’m a little disappointed, though, that for the first time in several years neither Edward James Olmos nor Gary Sinise is among the celebrity narrators. Edward James Olmos is absolutely the best we’ve ever seen do the narration.

We make this a must see show when we go. Great show.

Wow! What a moment to treasure! How proud you must be!

This is such great news! You must be walking on air! That really is a dream come true!