Candlelight Procession

Do you need tickets for this event? I know there is a Dinner offer - but if you don’t want that, do you still need to buy a ticket?

There is no need to buy a ticket.
Like the concerts, it’s free, but seating is first come, first served general admission.
Of course, nobody can predict how heavy the crowd might be for any given performance.

I just found out that Edward James Olmos is scheduled as the narrator for two nights I plan to be in or near Epcot. I wonder what I’ll wind up doing in the end?

No, it is first come, first seated. But the line starts early.

And you get people who hold spots for the other 10,000 people in their family.

I’m thinking maybe the Dinner Package might be worth it…we do have to eat anyway…I hate standing in lines. I’ll have to check and see who’s doing the readings.

Even with the dinner package you still will stand in line just your line will get seated first (and you know you will get seated).

hmm - decisions, decisions… It’s Mira Savino and somebody named Michael Smith - have no idea who he is - while we’re there. I really want to see it…think I’ll go check the Rose & Crown menu…

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1095540]There is no need to buy a ticket.
Like the concerts, it’s free, but seating is first come, first served general admission.
Of course, nobody can predict how heavy the crowd might be for any given performance.

I just found out that Edward James Olmos is scheduled as the narrator for two nights I plan to be in or near Epcot. I wonder what I’ll wind up doing in the end?[/QUOTE]

I saw him last year and he was great. Definitely worth a watch if you’re in the area.

I would definately do the dinner package. You do still need to wait in line but you’d be seated first b/f those who didn’t do the package. When we went the line for those w/o the package was very long and started really early.

Micheal W. Smith is a contemporary christian singer. I like his music, but how he is reading the Christmas story I don’t know.

We have gone on the standby line and waited for 30-40 for the 5 oclock show and just got in. Which means the people who was behind us had to wait until the next show, so another hr of waiting.

If the line is toooooooooo long,(like two countries away) we just listen from outside.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1095560]Micheal W. Smith is a contemporary christian singer. I like his music, but how he is reading the Christmas story I don’t know.

We have gone on the standby line and waited for 30-40 for the 5 oclock show and just got in. Which means the people who was behind us had to wait until the next show, so another hr of waiting.

If the line is toooooooooo long,(like two countries away) we just listen from outside.[/QUOTE]

I’m sort of leaning toward taking a late lunch res. at the Rose & Crown and then doing the first show at 5:00 p.m. on Nov. 28. I really don’t relish waiting in a 40 minute line-up.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1095541]No, it is first come, first seated. But the line starts early.
[/QUOTE]

You’re going to quibble about two letters, “at” vs “rv”, when you are served by being seated?
Not on my watch:nonono2:

By the way gang, we discovered that as long as the PA is loud enough for that show, you can sit at the picnic tables at the Japan side of that plaza in front of the American Experience.
We did while “The Orchestra” was performing a set and could both converse at a normal level and still hear every word from the stage. We just didn’t have line of sight.

Micheal W Smith is a contemporary Christian musician.

This is another bit of a problem - my dh isn’t exactly religious…don’t know if I should tell him in advance or spring it on him just before it starts.:whistling

You’re forgetting a few things.
The Disney Company is not going to allow any performer to inject too much of their personal beliefs into anyone’s reading or performance during the CP, or anything else in a Disney park (Narnia notwithstanding:angel:).
This isn’t Nights of Joy and the audience is secular and mixed, not exclusively comprised of joyful Christians gathered to profess their beliefs (I’m trying to be politically correct so that I don’t insult our more religious friends, whose beliefs I respect even when I don’t share them).

But look at the population of World Showcase, or WDW in general.
Every group, religion, race, and nationality are there. Disney does not want to make any guest uncomfortable, so they’ll tip toe up to the line with Christmas messages, and then haul it back in before anyone gets truly upset.

So, your hubby should be fine with any narrator that Disney has cast for the CP, be it Pat Boone, Micheal Smith, or Rob Zombie(?:whistling).

I’m certainly not a Christian, but I have no problem letting the sights and sounds of the season wash over me and through me.
And while I may not be a Christian, I am very aware that this major religious holiday has been co-opted and corrupted by capitalism and the “free market”.

Well, everybody reads the Christmas story, although I suppose some may add a bit more that others. It’s been a few yrs, but I believe it’s read a bit, sing a song, read a bit , sing a song. Not one long reading like at church.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1095580]

I’m certainly not a Christian, but I have no problem letting the sights and sounds of the season wash over me and through me.
And while I may not be a Christian, I am very aware that this major religious holiday has been co-opted and corrupted by capitalism and the “free market”.[/QUOTE]

Well, he’s suppose to be a good Catholic.:dry: No - he wouldn’t be offended at all - not like that - he’d just be a little “surprised”, shall we say.:angel:

Oh come now Llama, they’re reading a Christmas story to the accompaniment of a large chorus all dressed in white gowns performing holiday music.
IF he’s that surprised, I’d be surprised.

Hey, did you see we’re just missing each other again.:wacko:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1095587]Oh come now Llama, they’re reading a Christmas story to the accompaniment of a large chorus all dressed in white gowns performing holiday music.
IF he’s that surprised, I’d be surprised.[/QUOTE]

:laugh: I’m making him seem a lot worse than he is - it’s just that it’s something that wouldn’t even occur to him until it started. No, he’d enjoy it I’m sure. I know I will.

I took the plunge and reserved the Rose & Crown for a late lunch and the 5 o’clock Candlelight Ceremony. Haven’t been to the Rose & Crown in a very long time, but as long as there is roast beef & Yorkshire Pudding and Sticky Toffee Pudding, we’ll both be happy.

Remember to sing along as loud as you can!

Have a good time!!