Candlelight Processional dinner package

Hello, Has anyone ever done the candlelight processional dinner package? Can we use dining package credits for this? Thanks

We have done it a few times, in the past, and it has been wonderful. However, we were not on the dining plan, so I can’t say if you can use the dining plan. IS it open for booking yet?

I went last year and used the DDP. It’s a set menu, but you get to choose a app/entree/dessert. Mexico, Italy, England and Garden Grill were the choices last year.

No more Le Cellier? The last time we went, we had a Le Cellier dinner.

I remember asking, and they told me it was TOO popular so they took it off the list.

This year might be different though?

I wonder since you used the DDP, the rules were different.

THIS IS 2008 INFO FROM ALLEARS FOR THE PACKAGE

Tier 1
Seating 1 - $27.99 plus tax & gratuity / ages 3-9 $12.99 (Lunch)
Seating 2 & 3 -$33.99 plus tax & gratuity / ages 3-9 $14.99 (Dinner)

The Garden Grill Restaurant - Land Pavilion
Biergarten - Germany Pavilion

Tier 2
Seating 1 - $37.99 plus tax & gratuity / ages 3-9 $12.99 (Lunch)
Seating 2 & 3 - $44.99 plus tax & gratuity / ages 3-9 $14.99 (Dinner)

San Angel Inn - Mexico Pavilion
Restaurant Marrakesh - Morocco Pavilion
Nine Dragons - China Pavilion
Rose & Crown - United Kingdom Pavilion

Tier 3
Seating 1 - $44.99 plus tax & gratuity /ages 3-9 $12.99 (Lunch)
Seating 2 & 3 - $53.99 plus tax & gratuity / ages 3-9 $14.99 (Dinner)

Chefs de France - France Pavilion
Tutto Italia - Italy Pavilion
Le Cellier Steakhouse - Canada Pavilion
Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining - Japan Pavilion
Coral Reef - The Seas with Nemo and Friends Pavilion

We did it last year and went to Biergarten and yes we used the dining plan. We were so glad we did. There is a seperate line for those who purchased the package. Those people are guaranteed seats first and then there’s another line for walk-ups and those seats are 1st come 1st serve. We were there Thanksgiving weekend so it was quite crowded and the standby line looked endless!

If you are on the dining plan it totally makes sense since it was still just 1 credit and you weren’t paying any more than you would for a normal dinner. Not sure if pricing for the dinners is more if you’re not on the dining plan.

Is it one table service credit or two?

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;981622]I remember asking, and they told me it was TOO popular so they took it off the list.

This year might be different though?[/QUOTE]

We also paid for it, didn’t use the dining plan so maybe that was the difference?

One credit for the processional dinner pkg.

Anybody know when they are going to open the booking for this? It seems to me we booked really early last time we went, I am surprised there hasn’t been more info about it.

We used the DDP and there was no problem. I think booking will open after the W&F festival. they seem to concentrate on one event at a time. (W&F started after the flower/garden gig.)

I don’t know if I can wait that long. Can’t I just call them and tell them you said I could book it now? Don’t you know people?

I called and ask about reservations for the candlelight precessional dinner and I am not sure the cm had ever heard of it. He ask someone else and then told me that reservations would be 90 days out like the rest of the dinning reservations.

:eek: Must be a new CM who started after last year.

I hope this helps. I found it on another site…

Candlelight Processional
The Candlelight Processional is an annual event at the America Gardens Theatre in World Showcase at Epcot. It consists of a celebrity narrator presenting the Biblical Christmas story, plus a large choir and an orchestra performing traditional religious Christmas carols. The Processional is an explicitly Christian religious presentation with a “church service” feel to it.

In 2009 it will be offered from November 27 through December 30. There are normally three performances each night, at 5:00, 6:45 and 8:15 pm. Each show runs about 40 minutes. You’ll need to line up at LEAST 45 minutes prior to the show if you want to have any hope of getting in (or buy the Dining Package for guaranteed entry).

There is no additional charge for the performance over and above your Epcot admission.

2009 Candlelight Processional Narrators

11/27/09-11/29/09 - Isabella Rossellini
11/30/09-12/2/09 - John O’Hurley
12/3/09-12/5/09 - Steven Curtis Chapman
12/6/09-12/8/09 - Anika Noni Rose
12/9/09-12/11/09 - Andy Garcia
12/12/09-12/14/09 - Vanessa Williams
12/15/09-12/17/09 - Abigail Breslin
12/18/09-12/20/09 - Whoopi Goldberg
12/21/09-12/23/09 - Brian Dennehy
12/24/09-12/26/09 - Edward James Olmos
12/27/09-12/30/09 - Angela Bassett and Courtney Vance

Candlelight Processional Dining Package

You can purchase a special Candlelight Processional Dining Package. With this special package you pay a flat rate for a sit-down meal at an Epcot restaurant and you receive “preferred seating” for the Candlelight Processional at no extra charge.

Based on my experience, getting the package may be the only way you’ll get a seat at all, particularly on weekend nights. Expect to wait in a significant line to enter the show, even if you have the package.

You must schedule your Candlelight Processional Dining Package BEFORE the performance you will attend. There is a Lunch Package for those attending the 5:00 performance and a Dinner Package for those attending the 6:45 or 8:00 performances.

The participating restaurants are priced in three tiers. Admission to Epcot is NOT included in the package price. If you wish, you can use the Dining Plan to pay for your meal.

We did the dinner package at Biergarten in Dec 08, the restaurant was beautiful decorated and the food was delicious. Yes, we used TS credits; definitely worth doing.