Cape May Cafe

Never ate here. I would love to hear your opinions on this restaurant. Thanks

This was a new venue for us two years ago, and we really enjoyed it. In fact, being on the DDP we went back a couple of times to the evening buffet and always found it very good. Its such a nice place too. Try it, I think you’ll like it too.

Thanks Dixie, I am gonna cancel the Sci-Fi and try this one.

We have had breakfast here many times, and we love it! Good food, wonderful atmosphere, and, if you’re looking for character interaction, we’ve had our best character experiences here.:happy:

We loved Cape May all the food was fantastic. Word of warning- we used Disney transport to get there. As some of you will know getting from resort to resort can be difficult, but this was even more so for some reason. when we did get there it was so worth it.:wub: we also got a photopass photo in the grounds

Cape May Cafe is one of our favorites. Love the resort, the food and the character interaction.

Jimbo, where did you get the photopass picture taken? I’d love to get one there when we go!

Love the breakfast, you can keep the dinner.

We are doing the clam bake buffet. We love seafood. We will prob drive to the resort and not depend on the WDW transportation for this one.

The transportation does take some time, but there is something rather sweet about arriving there by boat. We actually enjoyed the boat ride and the walk along the dock and the white sand beach as much as the buffet itself. But that’s just us…:happy:

Last trip since we were staying at BCV, we had dinner twice and breakfast once. This trip only doing dinner once since we are staying elsewhere. And now for the 64 thousand dollar question…we are eating at boma twice for dinner and once for breakfast…where are we staying???

disclaimer…there is no prize, just the joy of being old enough to know about the “64 thousand dollar question”.

Jen, what do you mean by the boat ride? Can we take a boat ride from POFQ, that is where we are staying or would we have to go to MK and hop on that boat? How would I check this?

Here is a link to a transportation wizard that tells you the best way to get from one place to another:

OLP: Transportation Wizard – Our Laughing Place home of OLPTravel

I looked up all our ADRs and plugged them in on this site in order to figure out how much time to allow in the morning and to get us to the bus lines on time. It gives you the options of how to travel including transfers. Hope it helps!

When we went to Cape May Cafe, we traveled from All-Star Movies, so they recommended going bus and transferring to boat to get there.

The dinner is awesome!! And I HATE seafood! :blink: My Dad REALLY loved it, he’s a seafood fanatic, but there was plenty for none seafood lovers too. (Cape May Salad - YUM!!) The kids area is pretty good too and the desserts YUMMY!!

Here are two pictures I took:

Dad’s plate and the yummy desserts!

[QUOTE=jen9804;1035055]Here is a link to a transportation wizard that tells you the best way to get from one place to another:

OLP: Transportation Wizard – Our Laughing Place home of OLPTravel

I looked up all our ADRs and plugged them in on this site in order to figure out how much time to allow in the morning and to get us to the bus lines on time. It gives you the options of how to travel including transfers. Hope it helps!

When we went to Cape May Cafe, we traveled from All-Star Movies, so they recommended going bus and transferring to boat to get there.[/QUOTE]

Bus to where? The boardwalk? And then take the little boat across the lagoon? If you go out the back of Epcot, you can easily walk to Beach Club Resort - it’s a great walk back when your tummy is full too! :laugh: There is also a boat from there to the Boardwalk.

If you are staying at POFQ, the only boat is the one that goes back and forth to DTD - I guess you could take a bus from there to the Beach Club Resort?

You can catch a boat from DHS or you can walk from there aswell. If you are at Epcot they also have a boat or you can walk from there too, not far to walk so a boat is not really needed. From DHS it takes about 15 maybe 20minutes to walk over. Epcots walkway is called the International Gateway (I believe) and is over by France, the boat launch is there aswell. If you travel from DHS the Launch is over to the left as you exit the park. Stay to the left of the water if you want the boat. If you want to walk still exit to the left , but stay to the right of the waterway, you will see signs and the footpath runs right along the water. They all take you to Cresent Lake and the resorts that are on it. Hope this helps.

We did the Clam Bake (they also have things other than sea food) last Oct. and had a great time! The food is good and the resort is worth seeing.

We also had trouble getting there. We went for breakfast and ended up being late. The hostess was so nice and told us there was no such thing as late, lol. It was great and so worth the trouble of getting there. However, I think it will be alot easier if we go again.

Thanks for the great link to the WDW transportation. I think we will stick to driving to this resort.