Cape may clam bake or via napoli

i have two more adrs to make we are trying to hit a couple new places this trip as we have our favorites we go to every time… so out of the two of these which one.cape may or via napoli.
also we need someplace in MK for the day we go to MNSSHP… where in MK would you suggest. we will probably go to mk in the am back to AKL for a break and then back there and stay for the party…

We’ve done both- and for me it would be Via Napoli although the Cape May clam bake is good too- but I find Cape May a little over rated. My DH loves it there so we do always fit it in, but given the choice it would be Via Napoli, let us know what you choose.

And at MK I love Liberty Tree Tavern or the Crystal Palace.

Don’t forget about the monorail resort dinning options. For a really relaxed and light atmosphere with the kids I would recommend the Grand Floridian Cafe. You cannot go wrong w/ the menu as it offers a wide selection for all. Another would be Narcoossee’s.

Many here have recently written good reviews of the Wave at the CR. Our meal was really nothing special a year ago, but it looks like they changed either the staff or the food prep to make it a good choice.

And a third for us is appitizers and drinks from the Tambu Lounge in the lobby of the Poly. We have been able to also order apps from Kona Cafe for a wider selection, but you have to ask the waitress covering the lobby. Love sitting in the couches and relaxing while looking over the activities on the water w/ the castle in the background.

You can walk to MK from the CR which builds excitement with the little ones. The Poly and GF are 1 or 2 rail stops away.

Between Cape May and Via Napoli, I’d go with Via. We weren’t terribly impressed with Cape May - it was ok - but nothing special. On the other hand, we loved Via Napoli! For the MK day I, too, would suggest a resort restaurant. Kona Cafe is a terrific “sleeper” restaurant.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1078188]Don’t forget about the monorail resort dinning options. For a really relaxed and light atmosphere with the kids I would recommend the Grand Floridian Cafe. You cannot go wrong w/ the menu as it offers a wide selection for all. Another would be Narcoossee’s.

Many here have recently written good reviews of the Wave at the CR. Our meal was really nothing special a year ago, but it looks like they changed either the staff or the food prep to make it a good choice.

And a third for us is appitizers and drinks from the Tambu Lounge in the lobby of the Poly. We have been able to also order apps from Kona Cafe for a wider selection, but you have to ask the waitress covering the lobby. Love sitting in the couches and relaxing while looking over the activities on the water w/ the castle in the background.

You can walk to MK from the CR which builds excitement with the little ones. The Poly and GF are 1 or 2 rail stops away.[/QUOTE
thanks no kids this trip just dh and i our annversary…

Via Napoli is my easy choice.
I’ve never been impressed with the dinner buffet at Cape May.
To me it feels like there are a lot of traditional items that are missing and the selection, to me, seems limited. Perhaps misdirected is a better description for their offerings.

Via Napoli…the thought of seafood on a buffet makes me seriously gag.:laugh:

I’d pick Cape May. On our trip in April we stayed at BC and walked past the Clam Bake many times and it looked/smelled amazing. I tried to get us in and they couldn’t accomodate our large party for a last minute reservation.

We tried Via Napoli on this trip as well, and unfortunately, we were less than impressed and wouldn’t go back there again.

We had reservations and we were seated in the corner right beside the kitchen, so we couldn’t enjoy all the unique atmosphere of the restaurant. The wine was good, but the food was only so-so. My DF had spagetti and he loved it, but my DM had Lasagne made with their special white sauce and she didn’t like it at all. My DH and the kids and I had one of the specialty pizzas but the crust was so soft and the sauce and cheese were so runny, you couldn’t even serve it onto the plate, you had to scoop it and pour it onto your plate. I was dissappointed, we love to try new restaurants, and I thought this one would be really great.

But, like I’ve always said, you have to try everything at least once! Good luck with the decision.

After having a two day reaction to some crab salad I had in Hawaii:blow: - I agree!:laugh:

Via Napoli by a mile!!..the thought of the last time we tried CMC for dinner still causes me pain…warm u-peel shrimp…it was horrible.

okay you guys are scaring my. I have Cape May booked for the night my Grandparents arrive!

Never have gone to Cape May, so can’t comment on that, but Via Napoli has a wonderful atmosphere. There were only two of us, so they put us at the end of the long table, near the faces (cooking ovens). At first, we were a little nervous, not knowing the people across the table from us, but that soon subsided and we had a wonderful time enjoying some good pizza, cocktails and appetizers, sharing stories of our trip with our new found friends. The atmosphere of the whole restaurant was energetic and fun. I would definitely suggest trying it.

Cape May is good… But Via Napoli is GREAT! I have dined there many times and we have never had a bad meal.

And the other thing I like about Via Napoli is… If you close your eyes, you get a little whiff of “Europe”. They did a great job with the theming!

As you can see, there are lost of opinions on both places.

Via Napoli just didn’t do it for me. I’m in no hurry to go back.

Is Via Napoli like Germany where you will be sharing tables with others :ohmy: I hope not as that’s one of the main reasons we’ve never eaten there.

We did Cape May a few years ago and really did not care for it, BUT we live in Maine and felt the food did not do New England justice, haven’t tried Via Napoli, looking forward to trying it in the future.

We are not huge Italian food fans so haven’t tried Via Napoli. We had done Clam Bake several years ago and thought it was very good. This last December, we decided to step out of our usual and go there again. It was great! Living in Central Texas, there is just no place to get unlimited crab legs…and with an urn of drawn butter, my skinny as a rail DH was in heaven! He has requested it again for one of our this years trips.

No, it isn’t seating like Biergarten.
It’s standard restaurant type seating although there is a huge table in the middle of the restaurant that has to be for very large parties.

Yes, what Soundgod said. The majority are individual tables, but near the ovens, there is this huge block of wood of a table. I could see it being used for large parties, but they were filling it with smaller parties at the time I was there. They put the two of us on one side, and then another couple across from us. Then kept a chair between us and another party. So, we weren’t on top of each other. You could definitely see the separation. I’m sure that if you weren’t comfortable with the location, there is enough tables for you to request not to sit there and wait for a table.

We prefer Via Napoli and had great food, service, etc.

For MK we love to hit Liberty Tree right before the party starts.

Have fun!