Cape may clam bake

I was just wondering what everyone thinks of the Cape May Clam Bake? Is it worth the trip to BC if you are not staying there? Thanks!

Weeeelll, we went one time in 2004 and it was wonderful.
In 2007 it was terrible.
I know that I am no help here. Sorry.

We went once - it was ok - not terrific. But I don’t like clams…

We’ve only been once. It was good but not great. I’m sure we’ll go back at some point since we usually stay at Beach Club.

We go almost every trip and we love it!! A trip to the beach club is worth it anyways. After dinner take a stroll sround the boardwalk. It really is nice over there!! I do not eat clams, but my family LOVES them. I find they have enough for non clam lovers!!

The Cape May Clam Bake was the favorite meal of our 2008 grand gathering. Everything was delicious and there was something for all the pickey eaters in our party. And the men LOVED the seafood!

We have eaten there many times, and never had a bad experience. The menu is very diverse between salads, seafood and general meat and vegetables. They also have things like pizza and mac & cheese. The desert selections are also very good. We were there oner time, and had the last seating of the night (not my favorite time to eat) was very surprised that they kept everything full, and did not cut back on selections.

I have eaten there several times and only find it so-so. My in-laws like buffets, so if they suggest we go there, I wouldn’t “veto” the choice. But if it is just me and my wife and she wanted seafood it would not be my go-to choice. (I take care of making the ADR’s on our trips)

I’ve eaten dinner there twice, once in 2002 and again in April.
Neither time did it excite me. In fact, in April I felt there was quite a bit lacking for something purporting to be a seafood buffet.
I don’t regret the choice, but I’m not racing back, especially as they had no fried shrimp, no scallops of any description, and no crab legs.

See now, what you and KimV are saying is what I was hoping for. I so love seafood and we love to go over to the Beach Club.
I would try it again, I think.

We have eaten there a couple of times. Personally it was OK. I like clams so that was cool, but the rest was just OK. I hear they sometimes have crab legs on the buffet. We have never been able to time it so we are there when the crab is. If the legs are there it would make the trip more worth while. Not a total loss, but if you are lookin for really great seafood look elsewere!

They don’t serve the crab legs unless you order them. they are an extra item. Says it right on the menu at allearsnet :wink:

The All Ears menu says it’s a sample menu. I don’t recall them having ribs the night we ate there. It also says they have prime rib, which I don’t recall from the night I was there. This is from January and it doesn’t mention crab legs.
(And the confusion continues)

Cape May Clam Bake Dinner Buffet Beach Club Resort

Its ok. We have been there 3 times for dinner. I like the roasted veggies they have and the kids eat the clams. To me the clams were just sitting in water and wasnt all that great like we would have down the Jersey shore.
Its worth trying once.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;978900]The All Ears menu says it’s a sample menu. I don’t recall them having ribs the night we ate there. It also says they have prime rib, which I don’t recall from the night I was there. This is from January and it doesn’t mention crab legs.
(And the confusion continues)

Cape May Clam Bake Dinner Buffet Beach Club Resort[/QUOTE]

Oh dear, there’s only one thing to do. 7 MBers please sign up and go on different days to see what they have on the table :closedeye

Thats a great idea.:happy:

Im pretty sure when I was there Dec 27th they had prime rib. I dont eat it but I do recall seeing my nephew with it.

I’ll be there Oct. 24, so I got that day covered!

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;978922]Its ok. We have been there 3 times for dinner. I like the roasted veggies they have and the kids eat the clams. To me the clams were just sitting in water and wasnt all that great like we would have down the Jersey shore.
Its worth trying once.[/QUOTE]

Well, at least it’s better than Boston Lobster Feast on I-Drive.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;978937]
Im pretty sure when I was there Dec 27th they had prime rib. I dont eat it but I do recall seeing my nephew with it.[/QUOTE]

If you see me using qualifiers like “I don’t recall” that means “I’m really unsure so don’t take it as Gospel”.

More like the end of the Pink floyd tune “Money” - ‘I don’t know, I was really drunk at the time.’

See my comment in the Space Mountain thread.