Capt. Eo will return

The Retired show “Captain Eo” has gotten the Green Light to return to Tomorrowland at the Tomorrowland Theatre, replacing the tired tired “Honey I shrunk the Audience” show, but the okay was given too late and Captain Eo will not return in time for Halloween but will now debut in January to help boost winter attendance.

Wow-Color me surprised…MJ was so controversial, and I thought Disney would stay away from this one.

YES!!! I love it!!! I have a feeling it’s not going to happen in WDW but OH MAN how I would love to see Captain Eo again on the big [Disney] screen!! To me, this is like a piece of vintage EPCOT coming back to life 'cause that’s where I watched it in paralyzing fear as a child. :laugh:

DANG! I wish I had a winter DL trip planned!!! :sad:

George Lucas, Francis Ford Coppola, MJ, and Angelica Houston!! OMG, god bless Disneyland!!

How awesome would this have been for Halloween? Dang.

Nice! Do you know how long it will stay? We are planning on going sometime next year.

We are hoping to make a trip to DL next summer, maybe it will still be around then. I never had the chance to see it.

Wish, why were you paralyzed with fear?? Is it scary??

[QUOTE=lovemysons;988225]We are hoping to make a trip to DL next summer, maybe it will still be around then. I never had the chance to see it.

Wish, why were you paralyzed with fear?? Is it scary??[/QUOTE]

Well, for any child under like age 8 I think it can be a little scary. Especially in the 80’s when kids my age weren’t accustomed to those kinda images. I feel like kids are desensitized now thanks to hi-res CGI images from video games, movies, etc.

Angelica Houston plays this Witch and she is SOOOO scary looking. I remember her long nasty fingernails reaching out to you in your face. I would FREAK out & pull off my 3-D glasses! :laugh:

Not violent or OVERLY scary, I think it’s mild compared to stuff kids see now, but I believe you can find it on YouTube if you wanted to preview it before kids see it.

After we watched it on Youtube, my DS9 wants to see it! I wasn’t a MJ fan (not my kind of music, but for some reason my kids can’t stop watching him dance!

I miss my fuzzball. :heart: I wish I still had that stuffed animal!

For some reason? Haha, maybe cause he was like an AMAZING dancer?! :tongue:

The 80’s dance scenes in Captain EO are pretty sick! Love it!

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;988234]For some reason? Haha, maybe cause he was like an AMAZING dancer?! :tongue:

![/QUOTE]

:laugh: I know- it’s just so funny since their favorite music is heavy metal and classic rock! Rush, Metallica, and MJ :blink: :laugh:

That’s funny!!! hehe. Are they moonwalking across your wood or tile floors yet? :laugh:

Will this be a set attraction or are Disneyland officials already planning on replacing the attraction with something else?

Not sure there is any official word yet, when I scouted for information on the web it was pretty vague besides saying that it will start in January. My instinct is that it won’t be permanent and after the “Captain EO” comeback they’ll replace it with something else. If they can’t get the theater refurbished in time to re-open EO for Halloween than I am assuming there may be some slightly significant structural changes going on.

Then again, I could be wrong. haha. But I really don’t see it being anything really permanent.

Hooter, NO!!! hehe

[QUOTE=lovemysons;988225]We are hoping to make a trip to DL next summer, maybe it will still be around then. I never had the chance to see it.

Really??? I must send you a pm…:happy:

It’s really cool actually. Somewhere in the story rocks come flying your way, maybe that’s a little scary?

I thought a one time MTV had this in a 1/2 hour special many moons ago , I know they had the mini movie with Danny DeVito as well. But I could have sworn that MTV had played the show before it became a Disney Epic?!?!?!?

i loved this i wish they would bring it back to wdw. i really dont like honey i shrunk the audience I hate rodents.

Well knock me down. I never expected this to happen!
But yay!! I wish I had a trip to DL planned.