Captain EO Changes

Due to all of the hyped mess involving Michael Jackson’s death and the doctor possibly going on trial for Murder of MJ, the Captain EO attraction may very well indeed NOT be coming to Disneyland park as Executives don’t want to be involved in anyway with that big ol’ mess. More updates to come as I find out more…

haha, you’d THINK they would have considered this BEFORE making any decisions public. So weird.

well well now…you know how those TDA and Burbank Executives dont always use their logic and common sense…as with everyone who knows me…my saying is “do your homework”, meaning in this scenario, don’t make any decision/public announcements until you’re sure of what the pros and cons would be of the situation, you get what I mean?

In a way, I am kind of glad. We are supposed to be going foward with TL. Now if we could some how somehow change the idea of the Laugh Floor…

Has there been a public announcement already?? Wow, I didn’t realize that. The execs tested EO in the HISTA theater on September 9th and I was told that they were still in the decision-making process. There are some obstacles to overcome involving the floor of the theater and lighting issues.

The poor HISTA staff are up in arms…one minute they’re being told, “as soon as we’re back up from refurbishment, Captain EO will begin”…then it’s, “No Captain EO; too many technical issues”…nobody really knows WHAT is going on, but the execs have been pounding out the details for weeks now.

[QUOTE=dznygrl;998969]Has there been a public announcement already?? Wow, I didn’t realize that. The execs tested EO in the HISTA theater on September 9th and I was told that they were still in the decision-making process. There are some obstacles to overcome involving the floor of the theater and lighting issues.

The poor HISTA staff are up in arms…one minute they’re being told, “as soon as we’re back up from refurbishment, Captain EO will begin”…then it’s, “No Captain EO; too many technical issues”…nobody really knows WHAT is going on, but the execs have been pounding out the details for weeks now.[/QUOTE]
No “public announcement” has officially been made, but enough announcements and updates have been made with CMs that one could call it a public announcement, like you said, I feel bad for the HISTA CMs because the execs cant figure out what they want to do and those CMs are still displaced, aye aye.

Yeah it’s super stinky for those CMs. I can just see Disney telling them at the last possible second, “Oh hey, we finally decided - Captain EO starts tomorrow! Here’s a seventy-page manual on what you need to do and spiels you need to say. Be here at 0700.” :laugh: Can’t you?

hahaha! :laugh: You just know it so well dont you! :tongue:, I could see Disney doing that, no problem at all to them, luckly it has never happend to me, but Ive had friends that have had things like that happen to them, spiels changing, them not finding out about it until the morning of and expected to know all the changes when the park opens at 08:00 :pinch: (they were not big changes, but still)

NOOOOoooo NOOOOoooo NOOOooo (echo echo) LOL… I wanted to see Captain EO sooo bad… I even got to talk to someone that worked at HISTA and he said he got to see the screening… he said it looked really good. (JELOUS!)

Nothing is set in stone yet, so it may very well be on the way, Disney has announced nothing publicly yet.

Best decision ever…