Captain EO is "officially" a go

Yes, it may be information you want to take with a grain of salt considering the fluctuation of Captain EO rumors, but…

…CMs at HISTA were informed today that EO is definitely a go. It IS coming back in January, and HISTA will close down as of the 17th of this month and remain closed until EO opens in January.

Thought I’d toss that out there!

And in completely un-EO-related news: the Christmas tree went up at Disneyland today, and the Christmas music started up too. :happy: So it looks like DL’s most magical season is already in full swing!

[QUOTE=dznygrl;1003832]Yes, it may be information you want to take with a grain of salt considering the fluctuation of Captain EO rumors, but…

…CMs at HISTA were informed today that EO is definitely a go. It IS coming back in January, and HISTA will close down as of the 17th of this month and remain closed until EO opens in January.

Thought I’d toss that out there!

And in completely un-EO-related news: the Christmas tree went up at Disneyland today, and the Christmas music started up too. :happy: So it looks like DL’s most magical season is already in full swing![/QUOTE]

I do believe the first MVMCP at WDW is tonight.

So Kim, does that mean that HISTA will be gone for good? I do not like that show, brrrrrrr…mice:nuke:

Awesome, good to hear that, it will be nice to get HISTA out of the parks for a while, such waste of space considering how little guests actually attended the tired show. Awesome to hear about the christmas tree and holiday music starting up, yay!

I agree guys, HISTA being gone is definitely not a bad thing! :laugh:

Dopey, there is no final word on HISTA yet but it is being put on an indefinite hold: the rumor is that they may be looking for a replacement “permanent” attraction while EO is in the theater. Here’s hoping!

never liked the EO attraction…hope disney comes up with a new attraction soon …i don’t know about the logistics,but wouldn’t Mickey’s philharmonic…be a better option

I wouldn’t mind that at all. Especially since the Laugh floor absolutely does not match the theme either.

I’d be thrilled if they came up with something completely NEW to replace HISTA! I love Philharmagic but I don’t think it fits in Tomorrowland, and I hate that they’re adding Laugh Floor. Tomorrowland is really going to suffer at this rate, so if they would come up with something new and exciting to put in that theater after EO’s run, it would be great!

Well if all goes to plan, in the next few years Tony Baxter has plans to completely re-theme Tomorrowland, certain aspects of the projects have already gotten the green light, or so I had been told…

That would be awesome; I reeeally hope they put a lot of time and thought into it. I would hate to see TL get yet another refurb that isn’t going to stick!

Man I hope his entire project gets a green light. Let us know ASAP whenever news becomes available. :slight_smile:

So far the only part of that project that’s gotten the go-ahead (and happened) was the new TL costumes. Maybe it’s just me, but it seems like they should have waited until other parts of the project were closer to completion? By the time TL gets its overhaul (assuming it happens) they’ll probably have to change the costumes all over again! :laugh: Oh well…

So HISTA didn’t close: CMs continue to be left completely confused. They were told HISTA would be closing in preparation for EO, but no closure happened and now they’re being given the silent treatment by higher-ups once again.

Come on Disney! What is this?! :blink: :laugh:

[QUOTE=dznygrl;1005559]So HISTA didn’t close: CMs continue to be left completely confused. They were told HISTA would be closing in preparation for EO, but no closure happened and now they’re being given the silent treatment by higher-ups once again.

Come on Disney! What is this?! :blink: :laugh:[/QUOTE]

What the heck Disney? Come on now…make up your mind!

Good gravy!
Didn’t I have a poll in June asking if we thought Disney should bring back Eo?
I seem to recall opinion split down the middle, including a smattering of “I don’t care”.

(I just checked, it was 35 for, 22 against, 8 I don’t care)
http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-theme-parks/51198-poll-bring-back-captain-eo-short-time.html

I know in Epcot, Honey I Shrunk… was the replacement for Captain Eo so I could see it physically working, but in light of all the uproar, maybe it isn’t the best idea to bring back Eo. Then again, now that autopsy shows Jackson to have been healthy and basically was killed by a doctor administered drug overdose and that doctor is now a suspect for homocide…

I think I would agree that the “Honey” franchise is dated, obsolescent, and losing favor, unlike the timeless Muppets.
Honey, tangentially does belong in Tomorrowland (addressing earlier comments) because at its heart, it is a science fiction movie. PhilharMagic belongs in Fantasyland, as it is in the MK or possibly in Toontown.
As for Laugh Floor, again, at its heart, Monsters Inc. is science fiction, so there is a case to be made. Well that and the fact that it’s already in the MK’s Tomorrowland.

Compared to everything else though, costumes are the least expensive thing on the list and also the item needing replacement most often even if the costumes were to stay the same just because of everyday wear and tear.