Captain EO Passholder Preview

I got an AP email today that announces the passholder preview for Captain EO at EPCOT on July 1st!! :heart: We will be at Disney then, and I signed me and my DD up for 4pm. I am ecstatic. This is the first passholder event I get to participate in. I can’t wait. This will just make summer nightastic that much cooler. As a matter of fact, we are watching a tribute to Michael Jackson with his top ten videos on MTV right now!!!:heart: THRILLER!!! YEAH!!!

I’m going to the 5 PM showing.
Got my reservations printed and secure in my (home) office.
DW is going to take a personal day and play hooky from work.

I was excited to attend the ELP Passholder Preview - it was AWESOME!! :wub:

I’d like to go see EO, but no way, no how do I go ANYWHERE near the parks July 4th week!! :laugh::laugh: Been there, Done That, NO WAY am I going back!! :ph34r:

ENJOY!!! :heart:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1038527]I was excited to attend the ELP Passholder Preview - it was AWESOME!! :wub:

I’d like to go see EO, but no way, no how do I go ANYWHERE near the parks July 4th week!! :laugh::laugh: Been there, Done That, NO WAY am I going back!! :ph34r:

ENJOY!!! :heart:[/QUOTE]

WOW if you won’t go there then, then i am DEFINITELY staying away lol!!:laugh:
:laugh:t’s really THAT crazy???

[QUOTE=nubeanie;1038532]WOW if you won’t go there then, then i am DEFINITELY staying away lol!!:laugh:
:laugh:t’s really THAT crazy???[/QUOTE]

I made the mistake of going one 4th of July week (when I first moved to Fl) can you say HOT!! Then add all the bodies in and WOW HOT! HOT! HOT! On 4th of July we got to the MK gates at 11am, and we had to wait until 6 people left for them to let us in! The park was to capacity and as people left they’d let people in! Since (as a FL resident) I have the option of going off season, I’m spoiled now and like my Disney with fewer people and walk on rides! :laugh:

Don’t get me wrong the fireworks are AMAZING!! But like I said, now that I’ve seen them on 4th of July - :ph34r: I’m good! :laugh:

I’m excited to see Captain EO though . . . anyone who goes can you find out when this limited run ends? I had read somewhere it was August, but can’t find the info anywhere now?? Thanks.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1038527]I was excited to attend the ELP Passholder Preview - it was AWESOME!! :wub:

ENJOY!!! :heart:[/QUOTE]

But it’s Thursday, we’re doing it as a day trip, and won’t really be trying to hard to do any rides. The main focus is Captain Eo at 5, the Electric Parade at 9 and MK fireworks at 10.
Plus, I do have a stash of yellow super fastpasses that I can use in the MK, just in case.
If you set your expectations low, you won’t be as disappointed:cool:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1038542]But it’s Thursday, we’re doing it as a day trip, and won’t really be trying to hard to do any rides. The main focus is Captain Eo at 5, the Electric Parade at 9 and MK fireworks at 10.
Plus, I do have a stash of yellow super fastpasses that I can use in the MK, just in case.
If you set your expectations low, you won’t be as disappointed:cool:[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh: True, very true!! ENJOY! :heart:

I used to live in FL and we camped at Fort Wilderness every year over July 4th. I know about the crowds and the heat, and am planning accordingly. However, it is when my work is closed for a week and I really wanted to see Summer Nightastic and it is the only time I can go, so I will make accomodations and exceptions where I have to. We are already planning to get to MK when it opens @ 8am and stay all day on July 4th. We are going to get a locker so we do not have to carry stuff around. That also happens to be our last day there so I am good with that. I always like to go to MK first and last before I leave.

You will get chills at the ELP! I love Elliot too! :wub:
On the passholder preview night, we lined up 1.5 hours prior to the show (I did an ice cream/water run!) It was PACKED!! So as long as you are prepared, you’ll be good! ENJOY!!

I can’t believe I made the fatal to/too error in my post.
I try so hard to not make those mistakes before I hit post, and worse, to see it quoted:blink:
A second error I made was I meant, “it’s A Thursday” not “it’s Thursday” which could imply my thinking “well it’s this Thursday” and seemingly assumed you all knew (new?:laugh:) what I meant.

Anyone know if EO is going to stay for a long time or if its just a short stay attraction??:wub:

I cannot wait to see ELP. I have it on my schedule to see it twice every night we are there. My dd can do whatever she wants, but my rear is going to be parked on the parade route until both runs are over. I have not seen it in almost 30 years and I’m going to see it as much as I can, go home with pictures, go home with CD, go home with pins, go home with t-shirt. You catch my drift here right? LOL

:happy: I do! My whole family was complaining I made the wait so long . . . but then the magic began :wub:

I just want her to see what ELP means to me. This was the parade from my childhood. I used to watch it every time we went to Disney, which was a lot because we lived in FL. She has heard me talk about it and seen the pictures I took with my disc camera in 1980. She also knows that Elliott is my FAVORITE disney character. I saw the movie three times in the theater. People forget about that movie, but I love it. Have it on VHS, and DVD (twice), I also have the 33 album storybook (with the album) for the movie that Disney sold in the late 70s, bought it at Disney in the record shop in Tomorrowland. That was the only way to repeat the movie before VHS. I know every word to every song, and the dialogue to the whole movie. My daughter gets a kick when we watch it, 'cause I’m just talking and singing right along with them.

I have three days left till we get to Disney and I’m getting so hyped up. I can’t wait. I’ll probably cry the first time I see ELP. I missed it that much.

You will :heart: it - I had goosebumps!

Is there anywhere that sells the DVD still? I’d love to get it for my girls!

I would think it is safe to say that having taken one year to bring Eo back to Epcot, it should be safe to assume it will run for the next year. How long after that is anyone’s guess for now.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1038657]You will :heart: it - I had goosebumps!

Is there anywhere that sells the DVD still? I’d love to get it for my girls![/QUOTE]

Considering the norm for Disney film releases for home video, if it isn’t in stores now, I’d look for it to be re-released sometime in the next year for another limited time before it goes back into the vault. Remember, they’ll be rotating most of the Disney catalog out now that Blu Ray has taken hold in the retail world.

Me? I saw the movie once. I saw it in Radio City Music Hall along with their annual Christmas pageant. I could have cared less for any of it, but the girl I was trying to get to know better had come down from Ct. to see it with friends, and naturally, it was much easier for me to get into Manhattan than it was to get to Milford.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1038679]Considering the norm for Disney film releases for home video, if it isn’t in stores now, I’d look for it to be re-released sometime in the next year for another limited time before it goes back into the vault. Remember, they’ll be rotating most of the Disney catalog out now that Blu Ray has taken hold in the retail world.

Me? I saw the movie once. I saw it in Radio City Music Hall along with their annual Christmas pageant. I could have cared less for any of it, but the girl I was trying to get to know better had come down from Ct. to see it with friends, and naturally, it was much easier for me to get into Manhattan than it was to get to Milford.[/QUOTE]

I got it on ebay! $18 DVD! :wub:

Good for you!
Is it widescreen or regular?

I’m still holding hope out for Song of the South on Blu Ray.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1038691]Good for you!
Is it widescreen or regular?

I’m still holding hope out for Song of the South on Blu Ray.[/QUOTE]

I’ll be lucky if it’s the ACTUAL movie! :laugh::laugh: I’ve been duped before :huh: