Captain grille dress

ok dumb question but we have adrs at captains grille the night we check into akl… is this place casual [park attire] like most of the restaurants or do we need to dress up a little more.

I probably should know this, but where is Captains Grill at? Not sure if I’ve ever heard of it.

That makes two of us…:confused:

yacht club. we are trying to add at least one or two different places. we tend it eat at the same places each trip :mickey:

Well - you learn something everyday! There’s a picture of it on AllEarsNet. It doesn’t look fancy - sort of relaxed and “homestyle”. I wouldn’t think they’d have a dress code. Their menu is certainly extensive. I’m going to have to think about it for our next trip!

they sold me when i saw crab legs lol… we just wanted something different… we usually eat primarily in epcot…

Tee shirts and shorts (park attire) is acceptable.
This is a casual/family sit down restaurant, not a signature.

I don’t think flip flops are acceptable anyplace, but I might be wrong.
I’m guessing Crocs and sandals are OK (And for cryin’ out loud guys! DON’T WEAR SOCKS WITH YOUR SANDALS!!!).

Llama, you might recall this place as Captain’s Galley and the Yacht Club Galley.
They changed the name a couple years ago, but it’s off everyone’s radar.

It used to have an excellent New Year’s Day brunch (a real brunch with real brunch hours!!!).

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1088193]Tee shirts and shorts (park attire) is acceptable.
This is a casual/family sit down restaurant, not a signature.

I don’t think flip flops are acceptable anyplace, but I might be wrong.
I’m guessing Crocs and sandals are OK (And for cryin’ out loud guys! DON’T WEAR SOCKS WITH YOUR SANDALS!!!).

Llama, you might recall this place as Captain’s Galley and the Yacht Club Galley.
They changed the name a couple years ago, but it’s off everyone’s radar.

It used to have an excellent New Year’s Day brunch (a real brunch with real brunch hours!!!).[/QUOTE]

i don’t wear flips flops unless Im at the pool… I would not allow dh out of the room in sandals and socks… lol

Other than the Yachtsman, I’ve honestly got to say I haven’t really thought about the restaurants at the Yacht Club…it’s just one of those resorts, ya’know? I don’t ever remember anyone ever writing a trip report about Yacht Club…yet Beach Club is so popular - I wonder why that is?

I can’t say Llama.
My first two Disney stays (three times at the Dolphin don’t count) were at the Yacht and my third was at the Beach.

I honestly don’t see any real difference between the two. The overall themes are about 5 degrees apart from each other (out of 360 degrees, that’s very close). The two are in reality one big building. The service in one is no different than the other.
I believe they share the room service kitchen/menu.

Maybe there’s a perception that being a “yacht club” it is stuffier than the “beach club” because beach clubs are funner than yacht clubs?

We ate there, and the dress was casual. Food was very good

We ate there, the food was good, it’s casual dress. I think the food comes out of the same kitchen as the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

thank you im glad u liked it… im excited to try it./.

It got great reviews on AllEarsNet… hmmm, I think I’m tempted to change around my ADRs…not only would I get a good look at the Yacht Club - I’d love me some crab legs!:happy:

definitely love those crab legs and it is a nice break from all the steak served at disney.

The Yacht Club is my favorite resort, well except for the Poly that is. But only when I can get the company to pay for it. I even went so far as to buy a shower curtain from an ebay vendor from there. It fits in perfectly with our master bath!

Having said that I don’t think we ever ate at the resort and I have been there a few times. Usually we wander over to the Swan / Dolphin or the Boardwalk for sit down, resort meals. Odd now that I think of it, but I think the choices were better with small kids.

-Harry