Care Package - specific suggestions

Hey all!

I am headed to WDW in a week and I am trying to put together a surprise care package for my family. I am looking for specific suggestions for ideas that I can throw in the package. I am making some Mickey cookies, I thought one or two magazines (workbooks for the 5 yr old). Any other ideas for little items you would like to see in a package when you first arrive?

Thanks!
MissJ

If you have a Disney store near you, I would go and see if they have any Disney stuff that the kids would like. My store always has great deals and that might help you save on buying stuff at the parks.

Also, Walmart and Dollar Trees usually have Disney related stickers, coloring books, beach balls, swim wings (if you need them) and stuff of that nature.

Oh, and welcome to MB!!

Welcome to MB! I would include a small bottele of hand sanitizer and some sunsreen. Some packages of crackers (they can take into the parks). GUM - you can’t buy it there.

And a stack of 50 dollar bills

I would include autograph books and big pens (disney store or outlet), glow in the dark necklace things (so you dont have to buy them there - they are CHEAP at dollar stores or big lots), some pins from Ebay (to trade), and gummies or similar candies that wont melt.

We always drive and bring stuff like this as well - sometimes we spread them out throughout the week so the kids are constantly getting new “stuff” but we are not constantly buying it at Disney!!! really keeps the spending money in check. Disney store has great inexpensive tshirts - I always buy them there before we go - they are like $5 as opposed to park prices!

Welcome to MB! I’ve been slowly collecting things for a care package for my neices the next time we go. There’s not a disney store around here, but Dollar General has some inexpensive disney items. Pens, light up wands, things like that. Is the 5yo a boy or a girl? Any other kids going?

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

The 5 yr old is a boy.

I’ll continue to check out bargain bins - those have been a good source of neat (and cheap) fun things.

Is there anything that anyone remembers wishing you had with you, but didn’t bring?

Also - how many people utilized the lockers at the parks? I thought glow sticks would be a fun gift, but I know that my nephew will want them while watching the light parade. I was thinking we could bring those to the park, but I dont really want to carry them around with me all day. I think we could pack other things (snacks), but I wanted to know if you really utilized the lockers, or just gave up and spent the money on the funnel cake that you really wanted anyway! :pinch:

:happy: Well, if it’s a locker of funnel cake, I say go for the funnel cake.

However, my family really made use of the lockers last time. We went in Dec when it was a little cooler at night. We shoved our jackets and extras in there each morning and then sent 1 or 2 people to retrieve them at dusk. And - if I remember correctly - when you turn in the key, you get a refund on your locker fee. (I don’t remember if it’s the full amount or partial).

We used the lockers a few times on the last trip because it was constantly raining on and off and we hated having to carry extra jackets and ponchos around with us so we would just leave the extras at the lockers and head out. We’d send someone back for them if the weather got worse. It was great being able to take extra snakcs into the park aswell and stopping back at the lockers for a light snack and rest in the middle of the day.

The care packages are a great idea! Id suggest maybe getting hold of a Disney baseball cap or some sunglasses to add to the box of goodies.

We’re a pack pack oriented group. But my guys are older. That being said, we all bought the lights because we never grew up. Take them if you can - save the money.

Hi, MissJ! Welcome to MB!

I recently bought some of those glow stick things that you can link together, the long skinny ones, at Michael’s for about $1 for a package of 10.
I have bought Disney temporary tattoos at our Dollar Tree in the past. One year they had the cutest black and white and red Mickey and Minnie ones.

[QUOTE=MissJ;967568]Hey all!

I am headed to WDW in a week and I am trying to put together a surprise care package for my family. I am looking for specific suggestions for ideas that I can throw in the package. I am making some Mickey cookies, I thought one or two magazines (workbooks for the 5 yr old). Any other ideas for little items you would like to see in a package when you first arrive?

Thanks!
MissJ[/QUOTE]

Hello and welcome.

Umm…won’t your people be busy without all that at WDW? They have a great Confectionary there :wink:

Welcome to MB!
I am getting my DD some glow sticks from the dollar store.
What about ordering from Disney Floral & Gifts - Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830 - Delivering Fresh Flowers and Gifts They have a nice arragement of things at a nice price.