Caribbean Beach Resort Choices?

What area of the Carribean beach resort/section is the one you like best. If you had a choice, would you go pool view or lake view. Thanks!

I have never stayed there. I am sure you will get a lot of good advice though
JB

I believe I have been in the Jamiaca section each time. It is the yellow buildings across the bridge from the pool and the food court. It is the first or second bus stop when the bus hits the resort so there is always room when you get on and you are the first ( or second ) group to get off when it returns from the park.

We really like this resort a lot.
-Harry

I prefer Jamaica. Although it’s been a while since I last stayed there, Jamaica has a nice walk to the main food and shopping building over a couple of bridges with the short but winding path through an island located in the large lake.

Just wanted to point out that if you get a “pool view” it will be one of the quiet pools, not the main pool with the slide. I would request a building close to the main building rather than a certain view. The resort is HUGE!

We stayed at Caribbean Beach in April, we were in the Martinque section, building 26…it’s the perfect spot, close to the main pool, Old Port Royale and a bus stop.

Enjoy the resort, it’s one of our favorites. Make sure you have a Pina Colava at the pool bar, they’re delicious!!!

We also stayed in Jamaica, Building 43, and we liked it. Was quiet but a very short walk over the lake to Old Port Royale.

I agree with not worrying about view but location at CBR. We love Jamaicca or Aruba as these buildings are a short walk to the food court and main pool. Also, (unless the routes have changed which is possible) these are the first pick up area on the bus loop. We love CBR!

when we were there recently we were in Martinique 21 (non preffered). It was about a 5 minute walk to main building (would have been quicker if we didn’t have a toddler). We didn’t have a water view. I guess I don’t see the point of paying extra since there are no balconies, but that’s just my opinion.
I had requested Jamaica, but did not get the request. If I were to stay again, I would request Jamaica or Aruba. Martinique is fine, I just like the look and feel of the other sections better.

we’ve staying aruba and barabados. i love the walk around the lake and my little ones LOVED that resort:)

If you pay for water view, you have no control whether the water will be the lake or your village’s quiet pool, as both are within the water view category and there is no way to guarantee one or the other.

In my opinion, water view is a waste of money at any of Disney’s Moderate resorts. Your window and door open onto an exterior corridor, where everyone walks to get from here to there. So if you leave your curtains wide open to enjoy the view, then everybody walking by has a great view of YOU. :eek: