Caribbean Beach Resort

DW and I just returned from a six night stay at CBR. We were stayed in Aruba and loved it. Aruba has a great location, especially building 54. We were close to the bus stop as well as not too far from the bridge that went across to OPR. I was extremely impressed with bell services and the lady at the desk when we checked in. Was really impressed with the bus and transportation the whole time. Loved CBR up until the last day!

We attempted to call bell services for over 30 minutes to take our luggage up to the custom house. We finally had to give up and walk from Aruba over to the custom house with our luggage becuase we were afraid that we would be late for our lunch reservations. Once we got there that place was a disaster! There was no organization and people were upset all over that place. I will not complain too much about that.

All in all we really enjoyed CBR and would stay there again. We just know to be a little weary about bell services. Has anyone else had trouble with bell services here?

[QUOTE=Buzz’s#1Ranger;1007743]We attempted to call bell services for over 30 minutes to take our luggage up to the custom house.

Has anyone else had trouble with bell services here?[/QUOTE]

We only stayed there once and I remember being a little nervous about bell services on the last day. They DID show up, but about 15 minutes later than we had been told.

Overall, we had no complaints. The Custom House has a very charming configuration, but it can become a mad-house with a lot of people.

I believe this can happen at any resort these days. Companies (including Disney) are keeping staffing levels at a minimum. Where staffing levels used to be kept at a capacity to handle 90% of big rushes, I suspect it’s been reduced so the odds of a resort being overwhelmed by a wave of guests is much greater.

I’m glad you had a great trip overall.

We never had any problems when we stayed there (although it was years ago); but we seem to wait a very long time when we’re at Boardwalk Villas - don’t know why, except that it takes about six months to walk down that hallway.

Have stayed there the last two trips and did not have any troubles. Hope it was isolated as I will be there again in less than 4 weeks.

I suspect this is just good/bad luck. It’s probably not something that’s a big problem and only becomes noticeable when there’s a wave of people arriving or leaving…

We stayed at CBR twice once in Jamaica and the other in Aruba and both times it was great

We have stayed there a bunch of times and never had a real problem. Once, my aunts luggage took forever to be delivered but I think it was more of an ME issue than bell services!

I am glad to hear that it seems to be an isolated thing because we did enjoy this resort and would stay there again in the future.

[QUOTE=Buzz’s#1Ranger;1007743]We attempted to call bell services for over 30 minutes to take our luggage up to the custom house. We finally had to give up and walk from Aruba over to the custom house with our luggage becuase we were afraid that we would be late for our lunch reservations. Once we got there that place was a disaster! There was no organization and people were upset all over that place. I will not complain too much about that.

All in all we really enjoyed CBR and would stay there again. We just know to be a little weary about bell services. Has anyone else had trouble with bell services here?[/QUOTE]Let me guess … did you call within maybe 30-60 minutes of check-out time? And was this on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday? If so, you were probably one of HUNDREDS of other rooms calling at the same time for the same service. It would be impossible for them to pay enough staff to cover that need that exists for such a relatively short amount of time.

Here’s how we handled it when we stayed there in May 2005. We did pretty much the same thing, called Bell Services not far from check-out time. The person who answered the phone said they were very backed up. They asked if we’d be comfortable simply leaving all of our bags inside out room, grouped together near the door, and they would come and get it and place it in storage until we were ready to for the Disney’s Magical Express bus to pick us up. We did this, and left a tip on top of the bags, as well. It worked out well for everyone!:cool:

Wow I liked Caribbean Beach Resort…
This resort is really amazing and wonderful…

CBR is our favorite moderate by far. We have been in Jamaica both times we stayed there and thought it was the perfect location.

I was at the Yacht Club last visit and I noticed that the service seemed a little off compared to earlier years. I sure will be glad when this dog-gone recession is past and place start staffing up again!