Caribbean Beach Resort

We are booked for two rooms at the Caribbean Beach Resort in a few weeks. I was doing some research, just for fun, and came across Trip Advisor. Trip Advisor reviews of Caribbean Beach were NOT good. Many posts about the rooms being dirty, etc.

Help! Its my fav moderate resort, never had a problem, but haven’t stayed there in a few years. . . has it gone down hill that fast??? I can’t believe it has.

You will get negative reviews for every single resort at WDW on occassion. I really wouldn’t worry about it. Ask for a newly rennovated room or pay for one fo the Pirate rooms to ensure you are getting a newer, clean room. Sorry for the fans, but I am not impressed with Trip Advisor. Enjoy your trip and dont’ stress it.

[QUOTE=Magic;1067349]We are booked for two rooms at the Caribbean Beach Resort in a few weeks. I was doing some research, just for fun, and came across Trip Advisor. Trip Advisor reviews of Caribbean Beach were NOT good. Many posts about the rooms being dirty, etc.

Help! Its my fav moderate resort, never had a problem, but haven’t stayed there in a few years. . . has it gone down hill that fast??? I can’t believe it has.[/QUOTE]

:noo:This is not what I want to hear Magic :noo:
We are staying at CBR in 10 days in a Pirate room! We’ve never stayed at this resort before. I will defiantly report back to let you know.

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1067362]:noo:This is not what I want to hear Magic :noo:
We are staying at CBR in 10 days in a Pirate room! We’ve never stayed at this resort before. I will defiantly report back to let you know.[/QUOTE]

I seriously wouldn’t concern yourself with this nonsense review. It is RARE to have a filthy room at WDW. If you go in your room and it’s not spotless, have them clean it. Simple enough. It’s not a random hotel on I4…it’s WDW afterall.

We actually stayed there for our last trip in Jan. I loved it! We were in the Aruba building. I was impressed with the whole resort. Our room was clean. I will def stay @ this resort again!

Plus it’s a Pirate room…they should be spotless, they were just redone!
The only complaint I’ve ever had with the cleanliness of the rooms was at POR. The mold on the shower tile :blow:

Just had this conversation about “clean” WDW rooms the other night. We are all going as a group and the reduced rate is a value hotel. We have stayed value for the past few years…with no issues! Some of these folks are so funny…“are you sure its clean”…Disney is not going to let any room go unclean…C’mon people.

Go enjoy the CBR…my worry would be how LARGE it is and getting around! Is it really as bad as everyone says? I honestly wouldn’t want to have to take a bus to refill my mug…that I bough from the last trip…LOL!

Will be staying here myself for the first time in two weeks can’t wait, and I would not worry about the rooms be dirty have never had a problem with disney and if something was wrong they have always made it right.

I will arrive at CBR on Thursday. I do like tripadvisor, but you have to keep in mind people are much more likely to take the time when its a negative review than when its a positive.

I spent a lot of time looking at the pictures here:

CBR pics. - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

With over 2000 rooms, and assuming a 7 day vacation, thats over 104,000 stays at CBR (Probably more)

Now, there are 1500 or so reviews on Tripadvisor, so thats about 150 a year. That means only 0.14% of stays are reviewed.

Now out of 1575 Reviews, 150 are poor or bad. Thats about 10%. That means about 0.014% of people staying at CBR had the urge to post a bad review.

That means 14 people every thousand have a bad enough experience to post a review.

Now if you want some really bad reviews, check this out

TripAdvisor’s 2011 Top 10 Dirtiest Hotels

Yeah, I wouldn’t worry about it. I agree that you’ll see reviews like that of all resorts simply because people like to report the bad and not necessarily the good on those websites. I’ve stayed there for several trips (9 maybe?) and have loved each and every one. We’ve never had a problem with our room. If you find your room unsatisfactory, Disney is really good about moving you to a new room. We’ve done this with POR/POFQ more than once and it was a very simple process and they moved our luggage for us. We even got a big fruit basket and a voucher for a free night on our next trip if we decided to give that resort another chance. :mickey:

Pinocchio’s Pal, we always request Aruba or Jamaica because it’s just a walk across the bridge to get to the main area but far enough away that you don’t get a lot of noise. I’d steer clear of Trinidad South since it feels like it’s on the other end of the world as well as Martinique because it’s right next to the main pool/Old Port Royale and can be very noisy.

I agree, every single hotel worldwide gets a bad rap somewhere amongst Tripadvisor type reviews. You can’t please all the people all the time and there’s always the whiners too.
If there should be anything at all you are unhappy with, you should bring it to someone’s attention although I doubt very much that will happen.
We have stayed at CBR three times over the years and dirty rooms have never been an issue.

Never had a problem there at all… CLean rooms, but it was huge. And the scenery was gorgeous on those walks to the main bldg… Do not worry!!!

We stayed in Aruba and loved it! You have nothing to worry about.

You always have to take reviews with a grain of salt. Keep in mind that these people are usually griping about something that others probably wouldn’t notice. I once read a review about OKW that went on and on and on about how horrible it was - turns out she was miffed because the bus driver wouldn’t let her keep the stroller open on the bus (this came out at the end). Remember - there are people out there who aren’t happy unless they’re complaining - usually there’s an underlying reason. Disney resorts as a whole are beautiful and clean. If you do have a problem (which I bet a million dollars you won’t) just let them know; I’m sure it’ll be rectified.

I figured. . and have stayed at all different levels of disney hotels and NEVER had a problem, so that is why I found it difficult to believe that people were having issues with the cleanliness. . just wanted to check.

As far as distance around the resort, I have never seen it as a problem. . .you walk enough already, so whats a little more. I love the atmosphere!

We were there in January in Trinadad North. Absolutely no problems. Ignore the negative reviews and have a good time. I sometimes chalk this up to people who would never be satisfied no matter what happens.

Comic example: I once ran a trip for a group where a person wrote a negative review to my boss of an event during the trip that SHE had planned! How was that my fault?

We stayed in one of the Pirate Rooms in 2009, and it was great. When we first arrived, it was late and we got into our room and the carpet was wet…soaking wet. It was late, and I thought maybe they had just cleaned it and it would dry, so we made-do with it for the night, but, the next day it was still just as wet, so we called the front desk and we were moved to another room, no problem at all.
There will always be negative experiences everywhere, but you know that Disney will always make things right.
Enjoy CBR, we loved it.

I stayed at the CBR Jamaca last year and I hate to say but our room was not the cleanest. Still, out family would stay again, but we saw a few things we were less than happy about.

We’ve stayed several times. One time back in 2005, we stepped into the room and it smelled of mildew so bad that I called the front desk. It was too late for them to do anything so I sprayed the room. In the morning, they came for our bags and upgraded us to a ground floor, courtyard room in Trinidad N. Then in 2007 the floor was soaked between the beds. I called and they had shampooed the rug but changed our room again. They are VERY accomodating at CBR.

If there is any problem at all, call and request a new room!

The resort is awesome!!! As mentioned, if you are not paying for preferred in Trinidad N. or Martinique, request a room in Aruba or Jamaica. A great location to just walk over the bridge to OPR and the main pool.