Carribean Beach or French Quarter?

Ok, so I am not long away from deciding which resort to choose. I LOVE FQ but am also looking at CBR for next year. I am asking you all to give me the pros V con’s on these resorts. I know the size is a big difference but besides that, what are the pros and cons?

Well, FQ only has one bus stop so that is very convenient and I think it has a dedicated bus to MK which is really nice.

The rooms at CB are slightly bigger, but the transportation is lacking. I have not stayed at FQ but was at POR and the transportaion was not a problem. Have you atayed at either one before? If it was me I would choose FQ just because I have not stayed there yet.

[QUOTE=skunis1;1041514]Well, FQ only has one bus stop so that is very convenient and I think it has a dedicated bus to MK which is really nice.[/QUOTE]Not really, they share with POR. I believe the dedicated MK bus is in the afternoon/evening hours.

Funny a friend of mine just ask me the same question. I never stayed there but my sister who stayed there told me this.

I prefer the Riverside only because it is more laid back and there are lots of trees all over the place and it is quiet. Supposed to look like the “old south” I guess. We request the Alligator Bayou area (most quiet).

The French Quarter is more lively, has a really cool pool (for kids mostly) and is decorated in Marti Gras. They kinda make it look like the streets of New Orleans (not that I was ever in New Orleans). The food court has yummy beignets (can’t get them anywhere else), which are a type of a puffy fried doughnut with powdered sugar – delicious!!!

Thats a hard choice! Those are our two favorite moderates. The French Quarter is beautiful and the Caribbean Beach is so tropical! Either are great choices! Sorry, that wasn’t much help!

Excited to see your decision!

The FQ is a much smaller resort than the CBR but at the FQ you get to share in the POR amenities so that is a plus. Depending upon which building you are in at CBR it can be quite a walk to eat too. What ages are you your party? Both main pools at each resort is very kid friendly so either is a good choice there too. It is much easier to get to DTD from the FQ too so not sure if that is a consideration for you. The food courts are pretty similar but got to love the beignets at FQ.

I’ve stayed at at both. Definitely preferred FQ over CBR. But then again, it really depends on your personality and preferences. CBR is too big. Every time we went on the bus, there were 5 or 6 additional stops. Got very old, very fast. FQ is much smaller. Although you do have to share a bus with POR, the stop is much closer, and you get out of the resort on to the parks much quicker. Then, you also have the choice of using the boat for a relaxing trip to DTD. I just love the greenery so much more at FQ also. Much more cozier.

We have stayed at both and prefer CBR. If you choose CBR ask for a room in Martinique (building 25); it’s close to a bus stop, the main pool and dining.

Here a link to a map of the resort: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort Map - wdwinfo.com

I have never stayed at FQ, but I have stayed at CBR and although we liked it very much, the bus service was not good if I remember rightly. However, the resort itself is very nice.

We have stayed at CBR many times and it is one of our families favorites. We have always enjoyed our stay there and really enjoy all of the bright colors. It is rather large and all of the additional bus stops never really bothered us. We would get on the bus after having breakfast at centre town and their werent many stops till you were on your way to the parks.

We also stayed at POR when it was Dixie Landings many years ago. The first time we stayed there we were with a family of five so they needed the trundle. It was also a very pretty resort. That was many years ago though and I don’t remember much of it now. Although some other MBers have stayed to POR recently and said it was in much need of a remodel.

I’m sure you will enjoy your time there no matter where you stay. Good Luck with you decision!!

CBR needs a refurb - unless you stay in a Pirate Room (which is way out on the map) Food Court is OK. Pool is a lot of fun with the Pirate Ship Slide.

Stay at FQ if you want easy access to DTD and yummy delicious Beignet for breakfast! :slight_smile: They have a cool slide at their pool as well. :happy:

This is really hard. I love the look on both and there are pros and cons on both resorts. I don’t mind walking but maybe I would feel different after having been in the parks all day,I don’t know. I gues we are just going to have to sit down and write out what we are looking for and go from there.

FQ having it’s own bus is heavily dependent on time of day, time of year, and overall park population. The most often single bus is MK, but I have seen singles for the other parks during the heaviest attendance periods (Christmas, Easter).
So plan on sharing all your buses with Riverside. This means 5 stops total ( 4 at Riverside and 1 at FQ), but you’re the first stop when returning except the DTD bus.
CBR is 4 stops. I have stayed at POR as well and when we stayed there, we did not share any buses with FQ.
There is one other downside to FQ. They do not have a sit down restaurant, Boatwright’s at Riverside is the only sit down for both hotels and Boatwright’s only serves dinner.
But French Quarter is much smaller than any of the other mods and smaller than all of the values.
There is now only one one stop bus route in WDW and that’s Pop to anywhere, but Pop has 3,000 rooms. Compare that to the All Stars, which do share some buses between a total of 6,000 rooms!

I’d still stay at FQ over CBR.

I like the theming at CBR and enjoyed the pirate room we had. I picked CBR last time because I like trying new resorts. So, if you have never stayed there I would try it. :happy:

Now, having tried them both I would likely go back to POFQ next time just because it is smaller.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1041566]CBR needs a refurb - unless you stay in a Pirate Room (which is way out on the map) Food Court is OK. Pool is a lot of fun with the Pirate Ship Slide.

Stay at FQ if you want easy access to DTD and yummy delicious Beignet for breakfast! :slight_smile: They have a cool slide at their pool as well. :happy:[/QUOTE]CBR was just rehabbed. They changed the non pirate rooms to nemo themed rooms. POFQ is just beginning their rehabbed and a permit for buildings 1-6 was recently filed.

So, GQ is getting updated? Do you know when this will begin and be done?

The permit filed with the county states work will be completed by 3/25/2011 but it doesn’t say when they will begin.

Really? I knew about the Pirate Rooms and have stayed in them they are AWESOME and very much worth the extra $$ and long walk. But in March I stayed in a Nemo room and it didn’t feel or look new to me . . . it was pretty shabby and I was disappointed. :frown:

After my last stay at POR I’ve decided it’s CSR for a Mod or Deluxe (with a Fl resident deal) for us from now on. I think the values (which I’d stay at too) are better kept up then POR or CBR.

Do the buses start their pick ups a Barbados or Aruba?