"Cars" is Number 1 at Box Office

“Cars”, as you might have guessed it, came in first place this weekend for the number 1 movie, making $62,800,000. that figure is lower compared to what “The Incredibles” and “Finding Nemo” made, but it is still a lot of money!! Congratulations Disney and Pixar for another successful movie and a job well done!!

I am SOOOO GLAD it’s done as well as it has!!! I can’t wait to check it out!!! :cool:

That’s great!! I hope it continues to do well in the weeks to come.

We really loved it, it was so cute! I’m hoping they’ll add some of those characters to the Autotopia!

It’s a good, entertaining movie… JimHillMedia.com says its not up to speed (attendance) with the other Pixar films. But then, the other films weren’t released at a time when gas prices exceeded 3.00 a gallon. It’s a family movie and families are hurting to find mad money. The reason why other movies did better is because they are aim at the 15 - 25 year olds that may still have money left in their pockets for a single ticket. Anyway, I didn’t take the whole family because of the sticker shock. The youngest loved it. Bring on the DVD! It will sound great on the surround sound!

It was a great movie, my kids can’t wait to meet Lightning McQueen and Mater when we go to Disney in Jan. Hope they are still there then!

My son has asked several times to see Cars again. I guess he really liked it.

We’re hoping to see it before we go on our cruise! It all depends on if I can get all the days leave that I’m trying for! If not, we’ll probably see it on the ship! :happy:

Well, take the poor kid! He should have SOME fun this summer! Heehee!

BTW, it’s STILL number one at the box office!!!

OK-
SSSHHHHHH! Don’t tell the FCC or Motion Picture Assoc,

But I got an awesome copy of Cars at home! I’m already addicted to this movie!

Thats it I’m telling!!!

LOL

I can’t wait to see the movie. I wounder if WDW has any special plans for CARS in the parks.

MJD

I’m not surprised, cause it’s a GREAT movie. Luckily, we only live about 3 miles from the theater and didn’t have to worry too much about gas prices… :laugh:

Disneyhog had some great pics of him and his family with Mater and McQueen at MGM. They even have sound effects!

We are going to see it for the second time today! Yay!

DD and I just saw Cars yesterday - It was great. (BTW: I didn’t realize the “Car Talk” guys from my fave NPR radio show are in it.) Great movie!

Woot Woot and it is still kickin in the top 3!