Cars Land at DHS? Or another Pixar area?

Have heard rumblings that Disney is considering doing something with the backlot area at DHS and a Pixar attraction of some kind would be the plan. Iger has said that they were goiong to pull the throttle back on spending after pouring out 6 billion on the DCL and DL expansions so who knows. I would think they would want to see what type of attendance boost they got from CarsLand before moving forward on a huge project like that at DHS.

California Adventure has gotten an INSANE boost from Cars Land.

And why is it so amazing?

Because they committed to that place. People were ready to quit over having the budget slashed… and in the end, it wasn’t. And DCA ended up with the most amazing, immersive, detailed area I have ever seen. Because they were allowed to do it right. They didn’t cut corners, they didn’t settle for good enough or “people won’t really care about the little things”. And it is paying off for DL/DCA.

If WDW were going to go into a project like Cars Land, they would have to commit to a serious budget. Going in with thoughts of “how can we do this cheaper/what can we slash?” is going to result in the kind of failure that DL experienced when they did a cheap version of WDW’s Pooh ride- only this would be failure on far grander, more expensive scale.

I would love to see them do something else… but with the kind of love, dedication, commitment, and budget that was put into the Cars Land project. And if they choose to do Cars Land- I really hope they do it right.

I would love to see them take out the Back lot tour and lights motor action if they would replace them with a Carsland or expand the Pixarland area.

Heck they could expand the north parking lot so they could use part of the south parking lot for the expansion.

(I would much rather see that than Avatarworld…land…whatever.)

[QUOTE=tigger;1119349]I would love to see them take out the Back lot tour and lights motor action if they would replace them with a Carsland or expand the Pixarland area.

Heck they could expand the north parking lot so they could use part of the south parking lot for the expansion.

(I would much rather see that than Avatarworld…land…whatever.)[/QUOTE]

Me too!!! I mentioned before that I will bypass any Avatarland…and the backlot tour has become sad and needs to go now…

[QUOTE=Andrea;1119344]California Adventure has gotten an INSANE boost from Cars Land.

And why is it so amazing?

Because they committed to that place. People were ready to quit over having the budget slashed… and in the end, it wasn’t. And DCA ended up with the most amazing, immersive, detailed area I have ever seen. Because they were allowed to do it right. They didn’t cut corners, they didn’t settle for good enough or “people won’t really care about the little things”. And it is paying off for DL/DCA.[/QUOTE]

The old adage is reliable. You gets what you pay for. :pirate:

Well they said when avita land is finished at AK that would be the end of spending for a long time,

i would love to see a pixar section of DHS:wub:

They marketed DL Cars Land really, really well too. Might have a hard time finding families who aren’t aware of it on some level. If they did the same for WDW, I think it would pay off. They have been expanding the number of rooms at WDW for so long, that they REALLY need to have more stuff to do so they can spread guests out a bit and keep up with the growing number of guests. It has gotten unwieldy to move around, compared to how it was 20 years ago. I would love more attractions.

I hadn’t thought about it that way…you bring up a good point…they really have expanded with the resorts to get people on property but they do need some fresh expansion now…