Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade

This will hopefully put an end to all the speculation of WDW getting Parade of Dreams this year.

Starting in 2 weeks, we will unveil the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade. This will be the 3rd incarnation of SADCT, but this is anything but that former parade, or the current DDCT. The music? Outstanding! There will be 3 show stops. Two new floats to go with the current parade floats. The costumes of the dancers and the characters are so incredible. This really is a Disney Parade many of us grew up coming to MK to see all those years ago!

I’m currently in rehearsals for it and I’ve to say it really has been warming my heart more and more I hear the music. I’m so proud of what we’re about to unveil to the world.

So mark your calendars! Friday, January 23rd, the Magic Kingdom will Celebrate a Dream Come True!

Can’t wait, Can’t wait, Can’t wait!!! :wub:

I will be there to see the 1st parade!! WooHoo!!

Sounds great! Can’t wait to see it.

This will be a must for us on our up coming trip.I seem to enjoy the parades ak MK more than any other park.

Ooooo exciting stuff it sounds great!! Wish I could be there to see it sooner!

Woohoo, can’t wait!!! We are bringing my DH’s DS with us for the first time and he hasn’t been in WDW for almost 10 years.

Oh my goodness! I am really looking forward to this! Thanks for the info Rowdy. :slight_smile:

Sounds Great!

I am looking forward to seeing this with friends on our visit in Feb.

I’ll re-post with comments.

What a tease

New music? I really liked the old music from Celebrate a Dream Come True… looked for it online, but no luck. Can’t wait to see the new version, though!

Yay! A new parade just in time for my trip on 2/1!

RR - I am interested in hearing about how they imagine, design and construct new floats. Any scoop to share?

Also, when you have rehearsals, where are they?

Cool!! We’ll be there the 23rd, too!!! I had hoped to get to MK in the afternoon, now we’ll have to try and be sure it happens!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;921756]RR - I am interested in hearing about how they imagine, design and construct new floats. Any scoop to share?

Also, when you have rehearsals, where are they?[/QUOTE]

Interesting questions.

For the floats they are designed by the Show Director. Every show and parade for the theme parks has a person who either created or is left in charge of the running of the show. Our show director is told what the higher ups are looking for, and he’s given the task to come up with a cool concept or parade. For this new parade, we are using all of the floats currently used for DDCT, only Mickey’s float will have an all new look to it, and the Castle Float at the end will have a new design on it as well to better match the theme of what we’re celebrating.

As far as rehearsals, we have rehearsal rooms and buildings all over property. Each park has several rehearsal halls. If it’s a large group rehearsing, sometimes we rehearse at a convention room in one of the many resorts. Whatever soots our needs.

Hope I’ve been of some help.

You have!

I am DYING to be you!

Wow great insider tips! Can’t wait to see it!
Thanks.

[QUOTE=WDWmemories;921795]Wow great insider tips! Can’t wait to see it!
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Can’t wait to do it. Unfortunately I won’t be there opening day. :sad:

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;921351]This will hopefully put an end to all the speculation of WDW getting Parade of Dreams this year.

Starting in 2 weeks, we will unveil the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade. This will be the 3rd incarnation of SADCT, but this is anything but that former parade, or the current DDCT. The music? Outstanding! There will be 3 show stops. Two new floats to go with the current parade floats. The costumes of the dancers and the characters are so incredible. This really is a Disney Parade many of us grew up coming to MK to see all those years ago!

I’m currently in rehearsals for it and I’ve to say it really has been warming my heart more and more I hear the music. I’m so proud of what we’re about to unveil to the world.

So mark your calendars! Friday, January 23rd, the Magic Kingdom will Celebrate a Dream Come True![/QUOTE]

So, wait, will MK have two parades? This one and the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate it! parade?

We’ll be there on the 23rd and it is Karlie’s 10th birthday! What a great way to celebrate!