Celebrate! A Street Party

So this is a bit late, but on the 27th of March Disneyland Parks new “Celebrate! A Street Party” party/dance parade debuted at Disneyland, this has replaced “Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams” and is planned to run until the holiday season when the annual “A Christmas Fantasy Parade” begins its run and as of now will not continue into next year as it is meant only for this years promotion “What Will You Celebrate?” and is to be replaced by the all new “Wonder” parade which is planned to debut next year for Disneyland’s 55th Anniversary. Just thought Id share that for those of you who did not know!

Aww… I liked Parade of Dreams.

Me too! It was a great parade, but it had outlived its life and had a great run, the new “Celebrate! A Street Party” will be a good energetic summer filler parade until the holiday season and until the new “Wonder” parade debuts next year, “Wonder” (as its being called now) is planned to be just as good or even better than what “Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams” was, cant wait!

Yay! I’ll be able to see the new one next year when I go for my DLCS! :] 55th Anniv<3

Celebrate! A Street Party Opens at Disneyland (Laura’s Disney Lines)

I would like to see it in person but based from these photos it looks a little garish to me, almost something we would have seen in the late 80’s or something. And WHAT in the world is Mickey Mouse wearing; a hoodie!?!

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;948589]Celebrate! A Street Party Opens at Disneyland (Laura’s Disney Lines)

I would like to see it in person but based from these photos it looks a little garish to me, almost something we would have seen in the late 80’s or something. And WHAT in the world is Mickey Mouse wearing; a hoodie!?![/QUOTE]

I was told it is a really great street party parade - not so much in terms of the parade units but in terms of high energy and fun, Im going to be going down to the resort in the next few days for the day and Im going to see it, I guess we will find out!

This is interesting! haha. I have to agree with Wishy! Very 80’s and colorful. Looks like a blast though. And a little humorus at the same time! :blush:

haha all true, I however am happy it isnt going to be a 4 year event like Parade of Dreams was, haha!

Haha, yeah, it doesn’t seem Timeless or special enough for a four year engagement, but it does look like it would be some fun! :smiley:

Oh heck yea, totally fun and vibrant! Is it really all that “Disneylandish”? No, not really…more DCAish, but still, its fun and has great dancing, etc!

anaheimboy can you confirm what I have been hearing as far as the Al lutz article mentioning Parade Of Dreams may return this summer? I then recently heard from a friend there was a 80% chance Parade Of Dreams would return this summer.

I would really like to know whats going on. Some say there is no chance of Parade Of Dreams returning, then I go and hear otherwise. :confused:

[QUOTE=etwtec;954076]anaheimboy can you confirm what I have been hearing as far as the Al lutz article mentioning Parade Of Dreams may return this summer? I then recently heard from a friend there was a 80% chance Parade Of Dreams would return this summer.

I would really like to know whats going on. Some say there is no chance of Parade Of Dreams returning, then I go and hear otherwise. :confused:[/QUOTE]

As of now it can still be considered a rumor, but from what I have heard Disney would like to re-fresh Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams, and starting this summer (starting around June once the summer season picks up) Disney would like to bring back the parade for one showing a day (the one showing being the usual 3:30 first parade showing) and then the evening parade would be the “Celebrate! A Street Party”, as for this parade would shine much better in the evening since it uses a lot of lighting and an evening performance would be much easier on the performers with all the dancing they do - it can get nice and warm down in LA during the summer time and will make it harder on the performers during the first street party showing if POD does indeed not return.

HOWEVER, here is where I am a bit stuck…it seems it would be a very tight fit backstage with all of the POD units and the Celebrate units in the one area behind Main Street, seems like it would cause a nice big traffic jam, IMO. I know they could all fit back there but it still seems like a tight fit to me.

But I always say with Disney anything is possible and I know they would like to being back POD for the summer season since Celebrate! isn’t going over as well as the suits and Imagineers had wanted. If POD were to come back, once the summer season was finished the parade would officially retire as the parks roll into the fall season and gear up for the Holidays.

I guess we will find out what will actually happen! I will ask some friends to see if they have anymore info on this subject and I will report back if I hear anything.

[QUOTE=anaheimboy;954158]As of now it can still be considered a rumor, but from what I have heard Disney would like to re-fresh Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams, and starting this summer (starting around June once the summer season picks up) Disney would like to bring back the parade for one showing a day (the one showing being the usual 3:30 first parade showing) and then the evening parade would be the “Celebrate! A Street Party”, as for this parade would shine much better in the evening since it uses a lot of lighting and an evening performance would be much easier on the performers with all the dancing they do - it can get nice and warm down in LA during the summer time and will make it harder on the performers during the first street party showing if POD does indeed not return.

HOWEVER, here is where I am a bit stuck…it seems it would be a very tight fit backstage with all of the POD units and the Celebrate units in the one area behind Main Street, seems like it would cause a nice big traffic jam, IMO. I know they could all fit back there but it still seems like a tight fit to me.

But I always say with Disney anything is possible and I know they would like to being back POD for the summer season since Celebrate! isn’t going over as well as the suits and Imagineers had wanted. If POD were to come back, once the summer season was finished the parade would officially retire as the parks roll into the fall season and gear up for the Holidays.

I guess we will find out what will actually happen! I will ask some friends to see if they have anymore info on this subject and I will report back if I hear anything.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info on this! Do you suppose the return could be included in the upcoming press released about EP, Fantasmic, and Magical? Or will they more than likely drag it out till almost the summer time before a decision is made?

Thats a hard one to say, they may mention it if it does return for the summer season but then again the resort may just keep it on the down-low. Thats one of those questions we all are just going to have to wait and see what happens.

Guess they decided to keep POD on the down-low since it was not listed in the press release. Unless it wont be coming back after all :sad:

It may still be coming back but it was not listed in the “Nightastic” press release the other day, so it either was decided not to be returned for the summer season or it simply was not listed since it isn’t a “new” parade. Who knows! If anything is listed on the Hub anytime soon I will let you know! :smile:

Cool, Thanks :slight_smile: