Change in dining reservations

We have all of our dining reservations made for our upcoming trip in three weeks. My dilemma now is that we will be adding one more person to this trip and have recently called to increase our number of people in our party from six to seven. They were able to accomodate me on all but two of our reservations.
Has anyone had any experience with going up to podium and telling them at time of reservation that number in party has been changed to include one more person? I am a little nervous about doing this (although gal I talked to at Disney said to try this) thinking it might not work and they will turn us away from the restaurant.
I will also say that the two restaurants involved are Cinderellas Royal Table and Teppan Edo. Guess I was expecting problems with these.
Any input will be appreciated.:ohmy::ohmy:

[QUOTE=jessica m;1052689]We have all of our dining reservations made for our upcoming trip in three weeks. My dilemma now is that we will be adding one more person to this trip and have recently called to increase our number of people in our party from six to seven. They were able to accomodate me on all but two of our reservations.
Has anyone had any experience with going up to podium and telling them at time of reservation that number in party has been changed to include one more person? I am a little nervous about doing this (although gal I talked to at Disney said to try this) thinking it might not work and they will turn us away from the restaurant.
I will also say that the two restaurants involved are Cinderellas Royal Table and Teppan Edo. Guess I was expecting problems with these.
Any input will be appreciated.:ohmy::ohmy:[/QUOTE]

I think they will be able to accommodate one more at Teppan Edo- Not sure about CRT though.

[QUOTE=jessica m;1052689]We have all of our dining reservations made for our upcoming trip in three weeks. My dilemma now is that we will be adding one more person to this trip and have recently called to increase our number of people in our party from six to seven. They were able to accomodate me on all but two of our reservations.
Any input will be appreciated.:ohmy::ohmy:[/QUOTE]

You know what, I wouldn’t worry, I would just turn up at the podium. Can it really be that awkward to accommodate one more person? What if there had been a real misunderstanding and seven of you turned up anyway? I dont think for a moment they would turn you all away, they would try to seat the extra person. You’ve done your best to rectify the situation, but for the ones you can’t dont worry about it.

We’ve had this exact question so many times and I have never understood the need to ask it. Really.
Just because it’s Disney it doesn’t mean that they can’t work things like any other restaurant would. You bring one more person, they add a chair to the table - voila
The same is true if you show up with one less person than the reservation was for.
No big deal, sit down and have a good time.

I’d act like they made a mistake in the number of guests on the reservation.
Who’s to say that isn’t what happened.
Teppan Edo should be able to handle the extra person.
CRT could be a toss up.

depends from my understanding on the total number ,if it goes from 3 to 4 no problem but from 4 to five a different story,why because restaurants are setup by type of table setup,that being said i would be extremely surprised if you got denied…extremely …another strange thing about dining reservations ,we had reservations at the brown derby,we were there earlier to tell them we were there and also to double check and make sure we had the time right and i over heard people being told they were sold out,and totally turned away,like there was no chance ,no check back in an hour and we will see if everyone shows up,shortly after there was a brief shower and when we were sat, the restraunt had at least a third of the tables open,i asked the waiter what gives,and he said when it rains there are alot of no shows and even if people come up to counter and ask how about now they still will be most likely turned away,the waiter also said the waiters hate it because they had more waiters scheduled and ultimately less business and less tips,that was a couple of years ago ,i don’t know if the policy has changed …but thought it was curious that the maitre’d didnt have more discretion

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1052729]I’d act like they made a mistake in the number of guests on the reservation.
Who’s to say that isn’t what happened.
Teppan Edo should be able to handle the extra person.
CRT could be a toss up.[/QUOTE]

Tell me why CRT would be different, Doug.

They are a restaurant. You don’t think that they order 200 steaks because they have 200 guest coming - according to the reservation schedule. They have plenty of everything and a whole lot more. Honestly people, it’s not science. They love extra guests, it’s extra money :pirate:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1052778]Tell me why CRT would be different, Doug.

They are a restaurant. You don’t think that they order 200 steaks because they have 200 guest coming - according to the reservation schedule. They have plenty of everything and a whole lot more. [/QUOTE]

It isn’t a food supply or food capacity issue. It is a limited resource in terms a finite supply of tables versus how fast they can turn the tables to the next guests.

Still, they (the restaurant) will try their best to accommodate the party, but they’ll (you’ll?) probably have to wait a little longer for their table. (Or maybe they won’t wait longer.)

I saw this and felt the overwhelming necessity of adding my unrequested $.02:pinch:
(I’m so sorry for that outburst!:blink: I accidentally disengaged my sarcasm filter)

This is a really good point to always keep in mind.
You can easily bump up one from any odd number to the next even number with no problem. A party of 3 uses the same table as a table of 4, a party of 5 up to 6, and so on. Bumping up from any even number to the next odd number would result in bumping the party to the next sized table. Due to required table clearances and overall layout, you might be able to stick an extra chair at the table but not very often. There’s a lot of variables.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1052792]

I saw this and felt the overwhelming necessity of adding my unrequested $.02:pinch:
(I’m so sorry for that outburst!:blink: I accidentally disengaged my sarcasm filter)
---->:laugh::laugh::laugh:<------ = Dopey laughing out loud

This is a really good point to always keep in mind.
You can easily bump up one from any odd number to the next even number with no problem. A party of 3 uses the same table as a table of 4, a party of 5 up to 6, and so on. Bumping up from any even number to the next odd number would result in bumping the party to the next sized table. Due to required table clearances and overall layout, you might be able to stick an extra chair at the table but not very often. There’s a lot of variables.[/QUOTE]
Now that makes so much sense. It really does. A good rule of thumb to not worry about adding or subtracting

Wetried this last year and was told they could not do it. So, I said what if I had made the ressie for that amount of people and the system had it wrong? They basically said that there is no way their system would be wrong, they can not seat the extra person. We were the first seating of the dinner time at LeCellier-the place was empty, which made the whole situation more frustrating.

If you’re going to play the wrong sized reservation card (either honestly or in a diversionary manner) you have got to play it all the way down.
Do not divert and do not digress, the system is at fault, not you!
Remember, in this country, a person is innocent until proven guilty and no Disney manager is going to allow that kind of scene to take place in front of other guests.
This also means that if the drone won’t give you satisfaction, call for the manager and if needed, raise a stink in front of other guests.
(Just don’t tell them I told you to:angel:)