Change in weather, summer's here

Well boys and girls, the nights of below 70 degree, open the windows and turn off the AC are just about over. The last strong cold front blew through the Florida peninsula early this week and since then, the AC hasn’t been off. Daytime temps have also gone up, the last of the 75 degree days is also past.
The calendar says May, and in Florida that means summer has arrived.
The humidity is rising and the afternoon thunderstorms will be here soon.
I’m in South Florida, but when we head to summer, O’ville is exactly the same weatherwise. In fact, because it’s 60 miles inland, it can even be a degree or two warmer up there than down here on the coast.

This heads up has been brought to you by the Florida Board of Tourism (not really).

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1030881]Well boys and girls, the nights of below 70 degree, open the windows and turn off the AC are just about over. The last strong cold front blew through the Florida peninsula early this week and since then, the AC hasn’t been off. Daytime temps have also gone up, the last of the 75 degree days is also past.
The calendar says May, and in Florida that means summer has arrived.
The humidity is rising and the afternoon thunderstorms will be here soon.
I’m in South Florida, but when we head to summer, O’ville is exactly the same weatherwise. In fact, because it’s 60 miles inland, it can even be a degree or two warmer up there than down here on the coast.

This heads up has been brought to you by the Florida Board of Tourism (not really).[/QUOTE]

My AC ran most of last night. When I woke up there was a breeze so I opened the door to let in the cool morning air…yeah right summer is here.

I have to say last night starting around 7pm it was so wonderful out. After a day in the high 80’s it was nice to enjoy dinner on the patio. That is one of the great things about FLA, even though most of the summer during the day is super hot and humid most evening are very enjoyable.

Can i just say how none of us at move it shake it yesterday were prepared for the dramatic heat change yesterday omg!

i feel extra sorry for poor mickey mouse and the gang.

I can sympathize with you. Costumes and heat don’t mix and I swear it’s almost as if someone flicked a switch.

Tigger, I think you’re a little closer to the coast than I am so you’ve got a bit more of a sea breeze than I do. In order to take advantage of weather like this at night, you have to have one of the older style Florida homes with many windows and a screened Florida room. I don’t have that.

slept with the AC on here in CT too.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1030921]…

Tigger, I think you’re a little closer to the coast than I am so you’ve got a bit more of a sea breeze than I do. In order to take advantage of weather like this at night, you have to have one of the older style Florida homes with many windows and a screened Florida room. I don’t have that.[/QUOTE]

SG, I moved. Just a few miles east of downtown Orlando (about half way between disney and the coast). When I lived in southFLA I lived about half mile from the beach on the top floor of a low rise. I know all about opening the windows to catch the sea breeze. I don’t get that here.

We hit 90 pretty early today. It actually feels really nice…in the shade. Nice breeze today as well.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1030921]I can sympathize with you. Costumes and heat don’t mix and I swear it’s almost as if someone flicked a switch.

Tigger, I think you’re a little closer to the coast than I am so you’ve got a bit more of a sea breeze than I do. In order to take advantage of weather like this at night, you have to have one of the older style Florida homes with many windows and a screened Florida room. I don’t have that.[/QUOTE]

I have a FL room that’s been glassed in here in LA, or at least that’s what it was called on the MLS listing when we bought the place. Everyone else around here calls it an enclosed patio or add-on. I call it a place to stick the kids and close the door when i’ve had enough:happy:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:I wish I had one of those!

As far as the heat and humidity goes, we’re feeling it here in NC this weekend too, and I :heart: it! I hope it’s here to stay. Bring on summer, I say!:happy:

Well cann’t say I am ready for the summer like that. Which means a 100degrees at work in the humidity controled areas, 115-130 in the non controled areas. but what is nice is the fact that my electric ussage went from 2600kw to 1100kw this month a real nice break for the wallet.awwwww just tired of rain right now have had several inches of rain this weekend the yard is staning in water.

The nice dry weather will be a change for us next week. We have been getting poured on here in KY with rain for two days:eek:. Nice weather hopefully will prevail in the Kingdom when we get there!!! :pirate:

Your Kentucky rain must be heading to NC because we are supposed to get some heavy rain the next day and half. :glare: I hope you have great weather for your upcoming trip!:happy:

I want some rain. Please send some south.

Thanks MM …

I’ll send some … just not to south! :laugh:

Just you wait, wishes will come true (in spades).

PS: I remember Kentucky Rain. I always thought it was one of Elvis’ better hits.

Ive been checking the 15 day forecast for my next week trip and for Orlando it says 87-88 but feels like 102. Is that how its been lately? I sure hope not because DH and I are going to MELT

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1030967]Just you wait, wishes will come true (in spades).

…[/QUOTE]

As long as my roof doesn’t leak I am golden.

My lawn needs the rain to help it fill in. The previous owner didn’t take care of it very well. It is coming along well just needs a drink…more then the Florida water management districts will allow me to server.

Go to the parks early, plan on shaded or indoor actives in the middle of the day, make use of extra magic hours in the evening. The sun is the real enemy, look for and try to stay in shade if you are out midday.

Make sure you drink plenty of water.

You will be fine

New York is A Blazin!

I have the air on in the bedroom right now. I already took the 3M plastic off of our window air conditioners this afternoon. I usually don’t do that for a few more weeks yet. At least a little closer to June. The fans just aren’t cutting it.

[QUOTE=tigger;1030971]Go to the parks early, plan on shaded or indoor actives in the middle of the day, make use of extra magic hours in the evening. The sun is the real enemy, look for and try to stay in shade if you are out midday.

Make sure you drink plenty of water.

You will be fine[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advise. I guess Ill be saving money now that Im going to have to drink water all day and not those grey goose slushies that I was planning on:laugh: