Change of Dining plans question

On my 180 mark, I booked all of our dining for our Christmas trip. Two days ago, DD convinced DH to bring a friend this trip. When I called today to add one person to our reservations, I was told that we could not because we were given a table size that only accommodates 4 and by adding 1, we would need one for 5. Most of our dining plans are no longer available. Can we just show up at our time and say we have 5 instead of 4? In addition to our regular dining, we have also booked a Fantasmic Pkg and the Candle Light Processional using DDP. This is really stressing me out!!! Help!

they will not seat you. they are very strict when it comes to the reservations.

This happened to me in May. I had to call and add my DD that didnt want to go when I booked it. So basically I lost EVERYTHING and had to change it all around. On my last night I had Ohannas for party of 4 and when I needed to change it to 5 there wasnt anything open so I kept it and they were able to seat us WITHOUT a problem…

I don’t want to give you the wrong idea. …just my expierence.

A few years back we had a last minute addition to our trip. We went from 5 to 6 people. I didn’t call and change the ADRs, and didn’t have a problem getting into all of our ADRs with the additional person.

This was in May …this may be different around X-Mas time.

The extra person WILL not get a ticket to CP or Fantasmic . . . those are first come first serve and limited.

I know this, cuz I wanted the Garden Grill for Dec 24 with the CP tickets . . . I was told there was a table for 4 NOT 3 . . . and when I asked why I couldn’t have it, I was told because then there would be a EXTRA ticket, and there is almost NEVER a reservation for one.

Your best chance of trying to change those two is to call RIGHT AT your 48 hour window and see if anyone canceled, since there is a charge, I was told this is the best time to get in . . . and you can change yours at no charge then too.

If DD wants to bring a friend, she might have to do CS . . . some dining might be able to seat you, but with the holidays being as busy as they are . . . they might not too so you should have a back-up plan in place!

I had the same experience in recently adding 2 friends who decided late to join us in Sept. Most of the time, I could change the reservation, (we are eating mostly at resort restaurants) Where I had problems was with park restaurants. I could change a few, but some I had to make them separate reservations. Mostly it worked out okay, but they told me I had to change the reservation completely, new number, everything. Good luck…and check out some of the nice resort restaurants, Ohana, Boma, and the Downtown Disney restaurants, Spoodles, WGP, if you do decide to rebook.

I think another member was having this same issue. From my understanding showing up with an additional person will get you at the bottom of the list.

I would say the ADRs you had to pay for are going to be a problem for you. For everything else I think you would have a chance of being seated with an extra person but you aren’t going to know until you get to each restaurant and there is a big chance you could be turned away. My guess is the CMs will do everything possible to seat you but that might not always be an option.

Sorry you’re in this jam, Christmas is such a busy time and the restaurants are going to be booked solid once you get there so you are running a risk of not being seated. I wish I could say this won’t be a problem but it could be. Too bad your DH didn’t talk to you first so you could have checked this out before the friend was told she could go.

I think that person was trying to drop 2 people and the CM gave them incorrect information.

That’s good to know. Didn’t sound very Disney like to me.

But… I can see it being a lot easier to drop 2, than to add one. A table for 4 is easier to come by than a table for 5.

[QUOTE=Daisee;853573]That’s good to know. Didn’t sound very Disney like to me.

But… I can see it being a lot easier to drop 2, than to add one. A table for 4 is easier to come by than a table for 5.[/QUOTE]

You’re right, it is easier to drop people and that shouldn’t be a problem but the CM made it sould like it couldn’t be done. We’ve dropped people several times with no problem.

Pooh Fan, if you really like your dining plans (and I’m sure you do) I might be willing to risk it and go with 5 at the places you didn’t have to pay at the time you made your ADRs. I don’t know what to tell you about those, if you can’t change them someone is going to have to sit out or meet you in there if they can get in. Not very fun at Christmas.

Do you like your dining plans enough to take the risk and can you handle the stress?

This situation happens to us almost everytime we go to Disney with my SIL. She brings her nephew at last minute. I have called in the past to add him once I find out, but that ends up being a no go. I keep the ressies I have and then just show up and see if they can seat just one more at our table. We have always been accomodated, but we have never gone at Xmas and it has never been with a package. I would say to keep your ressies andjust see if they can be added each place when you arrive.

Christmas is a rough time to try and get extra people added. CM’s are already super stressed out, and going from four to five IS a big jump because most tables are designed to hold 2, 4, 6, or 8 people. Going to five will either require taking up one of the larger tables or pushing two together. I’m not trying to be a downer here, but at Christmas time, I feel adding that extra may be pretty tough.

If you dont mind the stress of not knowing whether things will work out at each meal, then leave it, but personally, I would not want that chaos during my vacation.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Last year we had an adr for 4at Chef Mickeys. DB&DSIL extented their vacation.We called 1-800 and nothing.So I called the restaurant.They said no problem,they would take care of it when we showed up for dinner later that week we had adrs for 6.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;853578]Pooh Fan, if you really like your dining plans (and I’m sure you do) I might be willing to risk it and go with 5 at the places you didn’t have to pay at the time you made your ADRs. I don’t know what to tell you about those, if you can’t change them someone is going to have to sit out or meet you in there if they can get in. Not very fun at Christmas.

Do you like your dining plans enough to take the risk and can you handle the stress?[/QUOTE]

I love my dining plans! I got up early the day of my 180 mark and called first thing so that I would get the exact times I wanted. I ended up calling back this afternoon and was able to change most of the reservations to within 30 minutes of the original time–not exactly what I wanted, but at least close. The only 2 I could not get were the Fantasmic Package at MM (I was able to get her a regular reservation that is 40 minutes after our time. I hope that they will seat us close together or just pull up a chair to our table. I also figure that DH, DS, and I can go into the reserved section of Fantasmic and get our seats and save a seat for DD and DD’s friend beside us in the reserved section. They can ride a ride and come in right before the show starts when they open up the reserved section to all and sit down with us–esp. since DD has a reserved seat already.) and dinner at CM on Christmas Day. DD’s friend said that if we could not get her a reservation, then she would fly home early on Christmas Day and spend it with her family, so I hope it will work out. It has been a very stressful day trying to figure all of this out!!!

Not entirely true Chris, however, christmas week I would think that it would be more complicated and harder to be sat. During regular and value season, you would have no issue at all. I had multiple reservations that were for the incorrect number of people last august and was not turned away once…matter of fact, the CM checked the rest of my ADR and when she saw more mistakes, she told me to show up anway. I had a party of four and the ADR was for two…big difference in ADR world. AGain, this was August (week before labor day), not christmas.

I’m glad you got most of it switched. I don’t think it would be an issue to pull a chair up to your table since she already has an ADR for a bit later.

We tried to have dinner with some friends on Christmas eve but I couldn’t get an ADR for the same time as them so I took the closest time they had. When we showed up we were told they couldn’t seat us together. I’m sure we could have pulled that off a lot of other times but Christmas is just so busy.

On a positive note, we did have good luck at Sci Fi and we were all seated together even though our ADRs were 45 minutes apart. Show up a little early and explain what’s going on and you may have some extra magic and get seated together since she has an ADR just not at the exact same time.

We have a similar issue with one of our resi’s for Le cellier at Christmas. We are a family of 5 (DH, Myself, DD 5, DD 4, and DS 8 months at time of travel). We could not get a resi for 5, so the CM said if she were me, she would take the resi for 4 and show up and say “Oops!” It should be no trouble to accomodate my infant, if it is, I will gladly hold him while we eat, just to eat at Le Cellier!

Good luck, anything is worth a try!

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;853722]We have a similar issue with one of our resi’s for Le cellier at Christmas. We are a family of 5 (DH, Myself, DD 5, DD 4, and DS 8 months at time of travel). We could not get a resi for 5, so the CM said if she were me, she would take the resi for 4 and show up and say “Oops!” It should be no trouble to accomodate my infant, if it is, I will gladly hold him while we eat, just to eat at Le Cellier!

Good luck, anything is worth a try![/QUOTE]

You could always leave him in his stroller.

To the OP…I am glad you got almost everything figured out. With the Fantasmic Package…if you all check in together, I am SURE they will try to seat you all together. No worries…