Changes coming to Magic Kindgom's Fantasyland

News from the D23 expo.

New Fantasyland: Walt Disney World announces plans to overhaul Magic Kingdom – OrlandoSentinel.com

wow! just…wow!

Oh my dear sweet baby jesus, that is hardcore!! If you look at the detailed plans, WOW!
I am excited about the refurb of Star Tours, that’s past due. Awesome that they are adding a restaurant in the new “Beast Castle”, cool that we are getting the Little Mermaid ride (even though I really dislike ‘copycats’ & it’s going to be the same as DCA), and looks like there are some surprises to come!

PS: this makes me even MORE excited to have those BLT MK view rooms over the next couple years. :smile:

I’m looking at the detailed plans again and WOW, look how HUGE Pixie Hollow is going to be?? I wonder if it’s going to be more like an interactive playground or something inside, what in the world could take up so much space in PH?

It’s SO refreshing to see that they are actually going to use all that space behind Pooh’s Thoughtful spot and redesigning behind Dumbo, etc. LOVE IT!

This is HUGE!

I am so excited I want to book my 2013 trip RIGHT NOW! OMG…they can certainly take away Mickey and Minnie’s homes, they have been there forever from Birthday Land.

And yes Pixie Hollow and a new restaurant! WOW…JUST WOW!!!

I am so excited for this and cannot wait until 2012 and 2013 for it to open. The plans look amazing.

The scary part is that it feels SOOOOO far away right now but watch, when it’s all done we’ll come back to this thread and go “WOW, that was fast!” :laugh:

Wow, wow and wow! It is about time for the Fantasyland area. Maybe the expansion and structure will help with the congestion and allow more people to experience all that Fantasyland has to offer. With a 15-month old grandaughter, all of this will be ready just in time for when she can truly appreciate what Disney offers.

It’s funny, to hear that dumbo with be moving/changing struck me as a sad thing.:frown: Don’t know why, I hate standing in the sun, waiting for a ride that I don’t like. Things we do for kids/grandkids.:laugh: I didn’t get where this restaurant is suppose to be? In the toon town area?

[QUOTE=Pinocchio’s Pal;992026]I am so excited I want to book my 2013 trip RIGHT NOW! OMG…they can certainly take away Mickey and Minnie’s homes, they have been there forever from Birthday Land.

And yes Pixie Hollow and a new restaurant! WOW…JUST WOW!!![/QUOTE]

Did you notice that the article said Mickey and Minnie are going to have a new meet & greet house closer to the park entrance? Interesting. I wonder where?

There are a few areas in the front of the park which have had wood walls up for quite some time and no one really knew what they were doing. I think everyone assumed just routine maintenance.

View the annoucement:

YouTube - Disney World Fantasyland makeover announcement & concept art

This is exciting news!! I can’t wait for 2013!!

Sounds great! Can’t wait for a trip in 2013. I think that will be the soonest i will be able to go back after by trip this December…

So when is construction starting?

I’m foaming at the mouth to see these changes–I finally warmed up to them!

Still unhappy that they’re trashing Mickey and Minnie’s houses though. :crying::crying: I met Mickey there!!

I am SO excited to hear they confirmed this!!! When the plans and such first started popping up I kind of had a “too good to be true” feeling about it… BUT IT’S TRUE!!! :happy::happy::happy:

I love that they’re drawing on all the classic stories. I hope they really put some thought and effort into Fantasyland and don’t just turn it into “generic cottage here, generic castle there, come meet the princess and then exit through the gift shop.” I’m intrigued about this circus-themed area too, being a lifetime Dumbo fan. :wub:

2012 feels far away, but when you think about it, that’s only a little more than 2 years from now! Looks like it will be a lot of work, but well worth the wait!

This looks INCREDIBLE!!! I seriously could care less about ToonTown…yes, their houses are cute but I am not attached to them in any way. If they move them somewhere else, that would be GREAT!!!

My little Princess will be turning 7 in 2012, 8 in 2013…still the PERFECT age to enjoy all of this! :wub:

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for this!!!

I’m hyperventilating reading that article!! YIPPEEEE!!! I am so, so, so glad those rumors are coming true!!! YAY!!! :happy:

Wow! If the end result looks even a little bit like the concept art, we are in for something spectacular!

Does anyone know if they released any sort of construction timetable? We are planningh a giant all family trip in 2011 and I am wondering how the existing Fantasyland will be looking then?

[QUOTE=KarenWDWCP;992074]Wow! If the end result looks even a little bit like the concept art, we are in for something spectacular!

Does anyone know if they released any sort of construction timetable? We are planningh a giant all family trip in 2011 and I am wondering how the existing Fantasyland will be looking then?[/QUOTE]

Closer to the bottom of the article I think they mentioned time frames.