Changes in Dining Plan for 2007

Here is a link to allearsnet.com - information on Dining Plan changes…some of these changes make me :mad:!!!

WDW Restaurant and Dining News

Here is an overview from the same article:

Teppanyaki Restaurant in Epcot’s Japan pavillion will be closed for a major rehab from January 15 - May 25, 2007. No further details are known.

Major Changes to the Disney Dining Plan in 2007 - No Coronado Springs locations, addition of In-Room dining (began August 06), Dinner Show seating Categories 2 and 3 only; Pool bars not available; all Downtown Disney locations removed except Cap’n Jacks Restaurant. Aunt Polly’s deleted from Magic Kingdom, Epcot locations removed include Boulangerie Patisserie, Chefs de France, Cantina de San Angel, San Angel Restaurant, L’Originale Alfredo di Roma, Lotus Blossom, Nine Dragons, Tangierine Cafe, Restaurant Marrakesh, Yakitori House, Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki, Refreshment Outpost, Refreshment Port. At the Disney-MGM Studios, Toluca Legs Turkey was added. Animal Kingdom - Dino Bites and Petrifries removed.

Dining hours will be extended from August 13, 2006 through September 4, 2006 as follows:

Boma will begin seating 30 minutes earlier for dinner
Chef Mickey will offer a lunch buffet from 12:30pm to 3:00pm
Concourse Steakhouse will begin seating 60 minutes earlier for dinner
Grand Floridian Cafe will begin seating 60 minutes earlier for dinner
Ohana Dinner will begin seating 60 minutes earlier
Ohana Breakfast will seat 60 minutes later (longer meal period, not later start)
Liberty Tree Tavern, Crystal Palace and Tony’s Town Square will all have extended dinner hours (varies by day)
Mickey’s Backyard BBQ is also adding shows on August 18, 25 and September 1

The Spirit of Aloha and Hoop dee Doo dinner shows will begin new tiered pricing as of January 1, 2007. Reservations may be made 180 days in advance.

Spirit of Aloha

Category 1 Adults (10 and up) $58.99 including tax and gratuity
Children (3-9) $29.99 including tax and gratuity
Infants (0-2) No charge

Category 2 Adults (10 and up) $54.99 including tax and gratuity
Children (3-9) $26.99 including tax and gratuity
Infants (0-2) No charge

Category 3 Adults (10 and up) $50.99 including tax and gratuity
Children (3-9) $25.99 including tax and gratuity
Infants (0-2) No charge

Category 1 is located in the lower level, in the center and nearest the stage so you will be as close to the performers as possible. You won’t miss a moment of the excitement with these wonderful seats. You’ll feel as though you are one of the Polynesian dancers.

Category 2 offers tables in the lower level that are located on either the left or right side of the stage OR upper level tables that are located directly behind the Category 1 seating. All of these seats will give you and your family a great view of the entire stage area and you won’t miss a thing!

Category 3 offers tables in the lower level that are located to the extreme far right or left of the stage, OR the majority of the upper level tables. You will still have a good view of the stage and be able to enjoy all of the excitement of the authentic Polynesian dancing.

Hoop Dee Doo Dinner Show

Category 1 Adults (10 and up) $58.99 including tax and gratuity
Children (3-9) $29.99 including tax and gratuity
Infants (0-2) No charge

Category 2 Adults (10 and up) $54.99 including tax and gratuity
Children (3-9) $26.99 including tax and gratuity
Infants (0-2) No charge

Category 3 Adults (10 and up) $50.99 including tax and gratuity
Children (3-9) $25.99 including tax and gratuity
Infants (0-2) No charge

Category 1 will allow you and your party to be seated on the first floor level with your table nearest the stage and in the middle of all the action and excitement.

Category 2 offers either a great table on the first floor behind the Category 1 seating below the balcony or in the center of the balcony on the 2nd floor. Either way, you’re still facing the stage so you can get a wonderful view of the entire performance.

Category 3 offers tables that are located on the right hand side or left hand side of the balcony on the 2nd floor. You won’t miss a moment of the fun and excitement as you enjoy the panoramic view of the entire stage production.

Special Note: Guests in need of wheelchair accessibility may only be seated in Category 1 for the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue. Category 2 and 3 areas of Pioneer Hall are not wheelchair accessible. Guests seated in Category 2 or 3 areas may be required to ascend one flight of stairs.

Disney Dining Plan now available to use for In Room Private Dining:

TWO table service credits may be used for Private in Room Dining :
Juice (breakfast)
Appetizer (lunch and dinner)
Entrée
Desserts (lunch & dinner)
Non-alcoholic beverage
Single serving portions only. Does not include hospitality platters, amenities, or merchandise.

why is DTD completelly gone from the plan? that sucks…also some good WS are gone as well. at least they kept germany (gotta love that bratwurst and sauer bratten)

They took out a lot of Epcot locations AND Earl of Sandwhich???

Yikes! Doesn’t leave much choice in Epcot, huh?

The only good news I noticed in that article is that lunch will be offered at Chef Mickey’s.

WOW!!! almost all of the places we were planning on using the counterservice meals are gone! We were only using them for Epcot and its all gone! All but England! That is nuts!!

It looks to me like the restaurants that are not on the dining plan list are the one that are not Disney owned. I believe something like this happend in the past and the missing restaurants were added after Disney and the owners came to an agreement. Don’t give up hope just yet, I’ve heard that all of the restaurants that were taken off the dining plan are listed as “pending.”

Wow that sure is a lot of change! I wonder what prompted it. We will have to watch and see as DisneyTeacher suggested.

Well, that’s some good news!!

either that or perhaps they are planning on some free dining in the packages but you have to dine at specific locations for it to work?

They got about 200 days to straighten this out .

sorry but I beg to differ they have exactly 178… he he he

:eek: Wow, what’s with all the sudden changes?

they better add some more @ epcot. the ones that are still on the list will be impossible to get into, and the ones not on the list will be deserted…

I really do hope it works out for everyone and the restaurants are returned to the list. I know it has to be upsetting to have a trip planned and then have some of the restaurants removed from the DDP list. The restaurants are a big part of our vacation and I would drop the dining plan before I would skip our favorite restaurants.

as of the moment- our dining plan is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dropped!

Unless it’s free for us (and that will never happen since we go in the summer) I can take or leave it. We don’t normally order all the extras when we go to a WDW restaurant because I just can’t eat all that food so it’s pretty much a break even thing for us. We used it in May and liked it but I would be just as happy going back and not using it. I liked having all our meals paid for when our trip started but by the end of our 9 days I felt like I had to eat a meal I didn’t really want because I had paid for it.

I couldn’t agree more DT. I have decided that I’ll never do DDP again unless it’s free, and I hold to that even more so now, if these changes do in fact take place.

Really, I don’t need an appetizer and dessert at every meal. I’ll take it if it’s free, but don’t want to pay for it.

You said it perfectly - that is how we feel as well. We are going for 10 days in September (missed the free dining :dry:) and are not using the DP. I made 2 ADR’s and feel like this should be enough for us. I really do feel pressured to eat a ton when I’m on the plan because it’s paid for. Also, like your Nathan, I have a picky eater on my hands. It is almost a waste of money to pay for our son.

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who can take or leave it. I’m not going to get upset over all the changes because I’m not sure it’s a perfect fit for us anyway. I wanted to try it in May and I’m glad we did, we had a great trip and the dining plan sure made it easy. However, I would take a room only discount of any type and gladly give up the dining plan.