Changes to 2010 Disney Dining Plan

I am so dissappointed to find that so many restaurants have been removed from the DDP for 2010. Just by chance I found the new list and I started to go over available counter-services at Epcot, and I was stunned to find so many have been removed along with many TS restaurants. I’ll try to post the link, but here is a list of those that have been removed:

Boardwalk: Big River Brewing
Coronado: Completely removed off list
Epcot: Boulangerie Patisserie, Cantina de San Angel, Lotus Blossom Cafe, Tangierine Cafe, Yakitori House, Chefs de France, Nine Dragons Restaurant, Restaurant Marrakesh, San Angel Inn Restaurante, Teppan Edo, Tokyo Dining, Tutto Italia Ristorante
Animal Kingdom: Yak and Yeti Restaurant
Downtown Disney: Cookes of Dublin, Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck both Express and Cafe, Planet Hollywood, Raglan Road

I really hope this is a bad mis-print!!:crying:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Dining.pdf

Is this a final list? The non-Disney owned restaurants have been left off the list in the past but are usually added back when the details are worked out.

I hope they are added back. So many great places in Epcot are not listed!This is the list advertised for 2010, not sure if/when it becomes “final”.

OMG, how could they remove all those restaurants in EPCOT?!?! No way, this can’t be right? And getting rid of Wolfgang Puck Express? I am like breathless here. No way!

I am thinking that the contracts just haven’t been signed yet? Or I am hoping that is the case…

I feel the same way! I am shocked and stunned! We are currently planning a Spring vacation and we are looking over the QS Dining Plan (normaly we do DDP but are looking closer at our budget this year) anyway, I just met my DDad for lunch today and we were talking about all the great QS areas in Epcot…oh my! And DTD…there’s nothing left but FoodQuest and Captain Jacks?!! And what do you do if you stay at Coronado?

I really hope this is a mistake…but why would they print an incomplete list? It could turn some people off of the DDP if their favorite places are elimintated.

That’s what I’m thinking. I think I remember this happening in the past and once the contracts were worked out the list was updated.

Exactly what happened last year. Let’s just all wait and see what happens. No way this list is final.

OR they could be trying to eliminate so many options which would direct people back to HS restaurants since so many feel most of those locations are :blow:. :laugh: They still have a full list.

I too hope they add some more from epcot. I wish they would also put fulton’s back on it.

Actually, it’s the same every year.
At first many of the non Disney owned restaurants opt out and World Showcase and DTD are the biggest culprits. However, time and again since 2005, all of these places have opted back in.
The ones that didn’t opt back in in 2005 also remain the same, House of Blues, Bongo’s, and Wolfgang Puck’s Upstairs.

Portobello and Fulton’s are only on the premium vacation plans and they’ve never participated in the regular and deluxe plans.

I’d wait until December when the final list is out.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;996366]At first many of the non Disney owned restaurants opt out and World Showcase and DTD are the biggest culprits. However, time and again since 2005, all of these places have opted back in.
The ones that didn’t opt back in in 2005 also remain the same, House of Blues, Bongo’s, and Wolfgang Puck’s Upstairs.
[/QUOTE]

I’m crossing my fingers that this is what is happening and that the list will change!

I question the list and was told it was because the independent places wait until the last minute to sign up, and miss the printing deadlines. From running charity bar crawls, I can understand that.

My biggest gripe is if they don’t accept DDP then the online reservation system should CLEARLY and REPEATEDLY state so. If a place doesn’t want to be part of the DDP maybe then they shouldn’t be part of the ADR system.

That would be a reason not to get the DDp if they stay off the plan… It seems so incomplete without EPCOT, and whole hotel…

so then what do you have to ask if the take they ddp? or will they repost online?

They will post updated .pdf files and information.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;996393]I question the list and was told it was because the independent places wait until the last minute to sign up, and miss the printing deadlines. From running charity bar crawls, I can understand that.

My biggest gripe is if they don’t accept DDP then the online reservation system should CLEARLY and REPEATEDLY state so. If a place doesn’t want to be part of the DDP maybe then they shouldn’t be part of the ADR system.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but not everyone who makes ressie’s does DDP, even if they are staying on-site.
That wouldn’t be very fair, now would it. :glare:

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;996404]Sorry, but not everyone who makes ressie’s does DDP, even if they are staying on-site.
That wouldn’t be very fair, now would it. :glare:[/QUOTE]

He did not think this through :closedeye

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;996404]Sorry, but not everyone who makes ressie’s does DDP, even if they are staying on-site.
That wouldn’t be very fair, now would it. :glare:[/QUOTE]

I agree that all restaurants should be part of the ADR system, online or not. However, it should be clearly stated, as part of the booking process, that you are booking a restaurant that is not part of the DDP. I know they usually ask when booking by phone, not sure how it works online.

As far as the current 2010 Dining Guide, and the hope that this is simply an “incomplete” list…I don’t see why Disney wouldn’t just continue to use the 2009 list with a clause “locations to change without notice” until the 2010 restaurants have given a final confirmation. Once the list is printed, for the said year, it really shouldn’t be changing so drastically.

I agree with them clearly stating it, but don’t agree that they should be removed from the ADR system.